2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played a little bit of the new Medal of Honor with my brother. I like it a lot so far, but it was even cooler b/c my brother-in-law was providing extra details/analysis about Afghanistan (where this game takes place) b/c he was there for over a year.

And I can't wait to play Call of Duty: Black Ops. I got it for Christmas but am waiting to get home to play it. I know it's made by a different company than Modern Warfare, which I'm a huge fan of, but I hope I like it just the same. There have been very mixed reviews, but I'll take my chances.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
i have Call of Duty Black Ops but havent played the new Medal of Honor. I've been thinking about buying it but not for sure which one is better? Opinions anyone?

Medal of Honor is terrible, Black Ops is way better

If you REALLY feel like playing a game like Medal of Honor, then just go get Bad Company 2.. but MoH was not a very good game.. short campaign, meh multiplayer.. it doesn't compare to Black Ops.. at the very least rent it, but I wouldn't buy it if I hadn't played it yet..

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
I'm just really tired of, and bored with FPS games.

See, I've never gotten into those types of games until about a month ago when I borrowed Modern Warefare II from one of my roommates. So, now, I'm kind of addicted. My whole life up until this point, I've really only played sports games (other than Golden Eye back in the day).

Oh, and so far Black Ops is awesome. I'll put it this way: Within 10 minutes of playing it, my brother already decided he was going to buy Black Ops so he could have it as well.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
dont listen to T R U.. he just wants more "Christmas n00bs" to join the black ops community so he can feast on your souls and inflate his stats even more.

I loved it when I'm in a map with noobs when the game just released. Easy kills. Unless they're on your team. :angry:

finally finished downloading the DC Universe Online Beta for PS3 using my Playstation Plus membership.. so far its pretty fun, basically World of Warcraft but with DC Superheroes and villains instead of elves n crap like that. I hear its going to be a 15 dollar a month subscription to play so im not quite sure i would play enough hours of the game in order to justify the price. It comes out in a week and if the beta says anything at this point, the latest update shows some nasty glitches that i really hope will not be in the final build.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
finally finished downloading the DC Universe Online Beta for PS3 using my Playstation Plus membership.. so far its pretty fun, basically World of Warcraft but with DC Superheroes and villains instead of elves n crap like that. I hear its going to be a 15 dollar a month subscription to play so im not quite sure i would play enough hours of the game in order to justify the price. It comes out in a week and if the beta says anything at this point, the latest update shows some nasty glitches that i really hope will not be in the final build.

I was reading some complaint about that game that women superheros get big chests and bigger chests, thats it nothing else. lol

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 07:14 AM)
I'm thinking of picking up either a PS3 with the Move or an XBox with the Kinect. Anyone have experience with either and have any suggestions?

I played Kinect at my friend's house on NYE, it was Dance Central. That was really fun.

I finished Lair of the Shadow Broker and Overlord last night for Mass Effect 2. Both really, really good.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 06:28 AM)
I was reading some complaint about that game that women superheros get big chests and bigger chests, thats it nothing else. lol

How is that a complaint? :lol:

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 2, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
I loved it when I'm in a map with noobs when the game just released. Easy kills. Unless they're on your team. :angry:

haha the other day we got into a game against a full team of noobs and we were all going like 50-2 and for some reason they kept staying so we got to play games like that for about 4-5 games in a row..

Has anyone else run into guys who are like 5th or 6th prestige, but are pretty bad at the game? I'm talking below-even W/L and K/D ratios, but they have like 10 days of playtime. I don't get how you play the game that much but still suck at it.

In about a week I've almost worked my way through 1st prestige, and my K/D has been consistently over 1 for a while now. Closer to 1.4 or so over the last two weeks. that's what having the week off of work will do for you, I guess.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
haha the other day we got into a game against a full team of noobs and we were all going like 50-2 and for some reason they kept staying so we got to play games like that for about 4-5 games in a row..

Hey, that was the most fun I've ever had playing Black Ops.

And to whoever asked about purchasing ps3 with move or xbox with kinect, i own both and my two cents are that I think the kinect has more of a "cool" factor since there are no controllers and the camera is really accurate.. But so far it looks like it will only play nice with games that are "On rails", whereas the PS3 move will actually feature "real" games (Killzone 3 comes to mind). Its all about what you're looking to get out of these movement type games. I honestly only play kinect when my little brother is over, or when T R U is at work and neglecting our Black Ops partnership. Then you have to think about the whole price for xbox live as opposed to the no charge PSN, if you think that you will get into online gaming with your system thats definitely something to consider. The only real difference I see personally between my xbox and my PS3 are:

PS3 has Blu-ray (Sometimes a game is just too large to fit on one DVD and requires an extra install disc for xbox, not really a nuisance at all though once the game is installed)

PS3 can connect 4+ controllers to the system at one time (Xbox only 4 at maximum)

Xbox allows you to play custom soundtracks for any game at absolutely any time (PS3 only allows it for certain games, and that doesnt happen very often at all)

Xbox allows cross game party chat (Truly the only difference i see between Xbox live and PSN, enough to justify about 50 bucks a year? You decide)

Again these are all just my 2 cents *Puts on flame suit and ducks down*

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 06:14 AM)
I'm thinking of picking up either a PS3 with the Move or an XBox with the Kinect. Anyone have experience with either and have any suggestions?

Just know this.....

The technology that is in the Kinect, has been used by Sony for the past 8 years with Playstation EyeToy and now EyeToy2 or whatever it's called. Basically what I'm saying is that Sony could very easily turn the PS3 Move into a Kinect since it already requires a camera, and they have already been making "controller free" games since 2004. So you may as might as well just get the Move, since it's capable of both.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)

I love to go on Combat Training, play it on recruit, and just go knife all the bots starring at you for three seconds before even pulling the trigger. I usually do that when I'm in a rut or I'm just really bored.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
Has anyone else run into guys who are like 5th or 6th prestige, but are pretty bad at the game? I'm talking below-even W/L and K/D ratios, but they have like 10 days of playtime. I don't get how you play the game that much but still suck at it.

In about a week I've almost worked my way through 1st prestige, and my K/D has been consistently over 1 for a while now. Closer to 1.4 or so over the last two weeks. that's what having the week off of work will do for you, I guess.

They must have played a lot of non-death match games then.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 3, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
They must have played a lot of non-death match games then.

No, they were doing pretty terrible in TDM as well. That's why I checked their player card, wondering if it was a "little brother playing his older brother's account" thing. They just weren't very good despite playing the game for about 240 hours.