2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
Zaeed is boring... Kasumi is awesome

Kasumi is definitely awesome. She's my second favorite henchman (behind Miranda). I hope she returns.

Anyway, couldn't get Jack's loyalty cause the IFF's activated, but everyone lived. Gonna get it next (My paragon score is at 90%! How high must it be!).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
Any thoughts on Project Cafe? Interesting Nintendo is going to beat MS and Sony by 2 years. 350 to 400 is a little much. Guessing the controller will cost 100 in itself, but it sounds amazing.

Nintendo is going to beat them by about two years because the hardware they put in their systems is nowhere close to MS or Sony. Personally MS and Sony beat Nintendo by about 4-5 years.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
Any thoughts on Project Cafe? Interesting Nintendo is going to beat MS and Sony by 2 years. 350 to 400 is a little much. Guessing the controller will cost 100 in itself, but it sounds amazing.

It sounds like they bred an SNES with a PS3, 360, and Dreamcast. Nintendo is gonna go away from the non-gamer market that the Wii had it seems. I feel like Project Cafe is gonna fall flat on its face.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
Nintendo is going to beat them by about two years because the hardware they put in their systems is nowhere close to MS or Sony. Personally MS and Sony beat Nintendo by about 4-5 years.

MS and Sony definitely beat Nintendo by 4 or 5 years. The Wii was a continuation of Generation Six, while it seems Cafe is Nintendo finally getting to generation 7.

Uncharted 2 was what, 45% of the PS3's power? The PS3 could have another five years before Sony needs to make the PS4 since it's Blu-Ray equipped. 360 shouldn't worry due to HDD and the ability to download games, to make up for space lost from DVD's capacity.

This is just Nintendo playing catch up. They can't just drop the hardcore market and suddenly re-enter and casual gamers won't care for a Dreamcast controller and $400 console without the ability to wave a Wii controller around.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Since I dont have a PS, is PSN being down related to the GeoHot/Sony thing?

All I know is my MLB.tv doesn't work on PS3 during this, so I'm pissed. Going to have to watch the Jered Weaver start tonight on my lappy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
It sounds like they bred an SNES with a PS3, 360, and Dreamcast. Nintendo is gonna go away from the non-gamer market that the Wii had it seems. I feel like Project Cafe is gonna fall flat on its face.

MS and Sony definitely beat Nintendo by 4 or 5 years. The Wii was a continuation of Generation Six, while it seems Cafe is Nintendo finally getting to generation 7.

Uncharted 2 was what, 45% of the PS3's power? The PS3 could have another five years before Sony needs to make the PS4 since it's Blu-Ray equipped. 360 shouldn't worry due to HDD and the ability to download games, to make up for space lost from DVD's capacity.

This is just Nintendo playing catch up. They can't just drop the hardcore market and suddenly re-enter and casual gamers won't care for a Dreamcast controller and $400 console without the ability to wave a Wii controller around.

The PS3 is still a system that came out 5 years ago no matter what.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Since I dont have a PS, is PSN being down related to the GeoHot/Sony thing?

Might be semi-related. Anonymous says it's not their doing and I wouldn't trust Sony saying it's an "external" attack. They're probably buffing up their security on the network.

Anon isn't really an organization so them denying it doesn't really mean much. I'm guessing the hacker still came from the call to arms under the anonymous umbrella due to the geohot thing.

But yeah, Sony probably could have had psn back up in a day, but there's no doubt they're redoing their entire network now.

On another note, Nintendo officially confirms cafe and that it will launch in 2012. May hear more specific details later tonight.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 07:20 PM)

Yeah, but as a Bethesda developer said in an interview "there is still a lot to unlock in these consoles."

What can get better? Graphics? PS3 already has 3D.

Processing? It's most impressive technological game, Uncharted 2, only uses 45% of the systems power.

Project Cafe is Nintendo playing catch up for making a GameCube with a Motion Controller.

Yeah, and nintendo is now up to par with PS3 5 years later making it 5 years late and not 2 years early.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
Jack is a s*** character, I don't care about her. The only reason I bothered to keep her loyalty was for the achievement on the last mission.

This link confirms if she's in the next game or not (so don't click if you still want to go in semi - virgin or not). :lol:

http://wccftech.com/2011/04/22/mass-effect...ters-locations/

QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 01:43 AM)
Yeah, and nintendo is now up to par with PS3 5 years later making it 5 years late and not 2 years early.

Does that mean that PS3 and MS are up to par with nintendos motion control market 5 years later too?

Does it really matter if it is up to par if the system sells, and sell a lot? It isnt as if the Wii was a gamecube type failure, they made a ton of money on that system. And now they are poised to make a system with better hardware, and be the "new" system on the market for 2 years unchallenged because Sony and MS plan on riding out their systems as long as possible.

Not a bad plan for nintendo

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Really? Netflix and the internet browser does.

It wants me to sign into PSN. I had to watch Jered Weaver rape face on my lappy last night instead of in glorious, 46" high definition!!!!

The PS3 has evolved continually since launch. The original concept may be 5 years old, the PS3 Slim + all software that is updated consistently is still state of the art.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 03:21 AM)
Ugh, I hate when XBOX live goes out.. oh wait, that doesn't happen :ph34r:

Congratulations, the $50 you spend annually makes up for the one slip up the PSN has ever had. Why? Because who needs money!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
You dont have to actually sign in to get to Netflix through the PS3.

At least on mine it asks me to sign in, I hit enter, then it just goes to Netflix while Im not actually signed in.

I care not about silly, non high def Netflix. I was talking about MLB.tv.