2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
I must have missed the part where that had anything to do with soccer not being a sport.. unless of course you put it on your lame blog that no one reads.. OH!

Do you think wrestling is a sport? If you don't, you still have sort of a point. If you do, then well...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
I'm going to get ripped and play the Battlefield 3 demo tonight with some buds online like I'm in college again. Tomorrow morning will be absolutely awful at the gym prior to work.

Is it working yet, when I tried earlier the EA servers were down.. which is hilarious that you release this big demo and then no one can even play it

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
The guided missile pressure button has been removed, and I guess you have to play real defense now. Also youth squads/scouting is in Manager Mode, so that's huge for me. Can't wait to play it tonight.

Really got to play a good amount of this for the first time tonight, and it's so much fun. No more race down the wings and cross, the game plays more like real soccer than any game I've ever played. I feel like I'm scoring goals in so many different ways now, which is a ton more fun. Doing a manager mode with AFC Wimbledon in League 2 and I'm spending all of my money on scouting/youth players.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 2, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)
I'm anxiously waiting for NBA 2K12 to release this Tuesday.

I'd be getting it today if not for the whole lockout thing. I can't get the game with the lockout looming, it will just piss me off.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
Given all the hype, an 8.5 from IGN has to be rather disappointing for "RAGE".

I rented it anyway. Wow, Blockbuster, thanks for the super-competitive pricing. $7.49/month unlimited games/movies 1 at a time (an introductory rate). I'll beat this, then just pick up other crap.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
I rented it anyway. Wow, Blockbuster, thanks for the super-competitive pricing. $7.49/month unlimited games/movies 1 at a time (an introductory rate). I'll beat this, then just pick up other crap.

Thats a sweet deal, unfortunately for me the last blockbuster I knew of shut down about 2 weeks ago around me.. Ive been thinking of trying the gamefly route

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Thats a sweet deal, unfortunately for me the last blockbuster I knew of shut down about 2 weeks ago around me.. Ive been thinking of trying the gamefly route

Let me know if you like it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
I'd be getting it today if not for the whole lockout thing. I can't get the game with the lockout looming, it will just piss me off.

I'm going to make all time rosters to cheer me up from the lockout.

Though apparently 2k12 doesn't allow moving classic teams players...I think I might know a way around it, if you can still export teams from association.

Edit: Russell is a monster. I really want to play this matchup

Russell vs. Gilmore

McHale vs. Love

Bird vs. Pippen

Havlicek vs. Jordan

Cousy vs. Rose

But I don't know if I can. Stupid new team system.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
Let me know if you like it.

Hell no im not doing that.. the $7.95 a month is just a starter price, this is what the real prices were..

$25 a month for 2 games at a time

$15 a month for 1 game at a time

So lets do the math..

For $300 a year I can "rent" 2 games at a time or I can buy and own 5 games

For $180 a year I can "rent" 1 game at a time or I can buy and own 3 games

This isn't even taking into account that I have gotten between $20-30 in credit for games that I have traded in at Gamestop thus reducing the price of a new game from $60 to $30 to sometimes free.. For instance, I have Madden12 and GOW3 right now, plus a $5 preorder on Batman AND an extra $20 from my last store credit

Currently, Arkham City is going to cost me $40.. Well I plan on trading in Madden and Gears before I pick up Batman.. Gears already has an automatic $30 trade in if you do it before November 19th or something.. that drops Batman down to $10.. Now add in Madden, which is prolly going to be between $20-25.. now Batman is free and I have extra credit to go into my account.. Oh, and I forgot to mention I get an extra 30% on my trade ins due to it going towards Batman and me being a powerup member..

So basically, I am going to get about $65-70 for trading in two games which will give me a new game at no cost to me, and leave me with extra credit in my account for the next game I will be buying (MW3)

Basically, after seeing the prices, I don't understand how Gamefly gets any business ESPECIALLY from a casual gamer.. Why would you spend all that money a month when realistically buying games and trading them in when you're done with them is far and away a better financial decision.. Honestly, I cant remember the last time that I paid full price for a video game, its been years..

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 01:17 AM)
Basically, after seeing the prices, I don't understand how Gamefly gets any business ESPECIALLY from a casual gamer.. Why would you spend all that money a month when realistically buying games and trading them in when you're done with them is far and away a better financial decision.. Honestly, I cant remember the last time that I paid full price for a video game, its been years..

That was my impression of Gamefly. I saw the prices and thought 'you're kidding, right?' I'm curious what the new Netflix model will be. Considering 1 DVD at a time is only $8 a month and Blu-ray makes it $10 I can't imagine video games would even double that (which would still be less than Gamefly). If it's another $8 I'd consider going on and off it every few months, but if it's $5 a month I might keep it year round. I'm more hopeful than realistic I think though.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 01:17 AM)
Honestly, I cant remember the last time that I paid full price for a video game, its been years..

I can agree to this. Every time I get a game it's normally half-off. I cannot f***ing wait for Arkham City.

PS - played about 20 minutes of RAGE. I think I am just anti-shooter. The first five "foes" that you have to shoot are exactly the f***ing same. No difference in appearance or how they act. No graphics in the world could get me to bother with 10 hours of that s*** with zero story line to follow.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 04:13 AM)
That was my impression of Gamefly. I saw the prices and thought 'you're kidding, right?' I'm curious what the new Netflix model will be. Considering 1 DVD at a time is only $8 a month and Blu-ray makes it $10 I can't imagine video games would even double that (which would still be less than Gamefly). If it's another $8 I'd consider going on and off it every few months, but if it's $5 a month I might keep it year round. I'm more hopeful than realistic I think though.

Redbox has games now and they are $2 per day.. I got Dead Island from a redbox as a way to try it out, and I didn't like it.. Im glad that only cost me $2 to find that out instead of much more..

That would be sweet if Netflix had a video game service

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
Sucks that you can't move classic team players. Last year I replaced all the worst players in the leagues with the classic players and started a franchise with a fantasy draft. That was some fun stuff.

You can. Put them in Association, then export the team.

2K12's gameplay is so much smoother this year. Only got to play it for about a half hour, but I absolutely loved it. The smallest details are captured this year. They re-did Rose's jumper and it looks exactly how he shoots in real life. Boozer also does his screwed up fadeaways just like real life. They put so much attention to detail this year.

• 2 weeks later...