2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
Sounded like Ray Liotta.

According to IGN, it's not.

I want a Chicago or New Orleans based GTA so badly though. Something different.

Or just say "f*** it!" and give us Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Liberty City, and Vice City all in one game, like the first one, but massive.

It'd require an install on the 360.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
According to IGN, it's not.

I want a Chicago or New Orleans based GTA so badly though. Something different.

Or just say "f*** it!" and give us Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas, Liberty City, and Vice City all in one game, like the first one, but massive.

It'd require an install on the 360.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1211385p1.html There the article saying that

Maybe next game they'll do that. They want to pay attention to crazy detail now so if this game does include LS, SF, and LV all that they have left to make on the next gen consoles is Vice City meaning we could get that next game... Already speculating about VI and V isn't even out haha

It's a new character and his name is Adrian. I don't know where everyone got Tommy Vercetti or CJ from. CJ would be about 80 and the protagonist says he moved there to get away from it all and for better weather. Tommy was in Miami which in gaming is the same weather. Plus he would be about 50 or 60. CJ would be 40 or so and plus he's from LS.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
It's a new character and his name is Adrian. I don't know where everyone got Tommy Vercetti or CJ from. CJ would be about 80 and the protagonist says he moved there to get away from it all and for better weather. Tommy was in Miami which in gaming is the same weather. Plus he would be about 50 or 60. CJ would be 40 or so and plus he's from LS.

CJ would be about 80? Huh? CJ would be about 15 years older, so like, late 30's?

Tommy would be in his 50's, and the guy standing on the balcony looked to be that age.

Not saying this "Adrian" character is not a new playable character, but I heard there are multiple playable characters, so all 3 could be included, and maybe each one is played in each of the 3 areas.

And the CJ speculation comes from the game taking place in the same location, not that he was necessarily spotted in the trailer, although the guy on the waverunner caught my eye.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)
CJ would be about 80? Huh? CJ would be about 15 years older, so like, late 30's?

Tommy would be in his 50's, and the guy standing on the balcony looked to be that age.

Not saying this "Adrian" character is not a new playable character, but I heard there are multiple playable characters, so all 3 could be included, and maybe each one is played in each of the 3 areas.

And the CJ speculation comes from the game taking place in the same location, not that he was necessarily spotted in the trailer, although the guy on the waverunner caught my eye.

that guy does look like tommy, but he looked too young given the time when Vice City took place. Plus the narrator had a Hispanic accent. I think it is more likely that the GTA 3 character(could that guy be him in light of the games ten year anniversary?) or CJ make an appearance seeing as they both made appearances in San A before.

Also, I am so hyped for this game that I am going to purchase Saints Row 3 just to scratch that sandbox itch I've got.

Edited by cws0591

QUOTE (cws0591 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)
that guy does look like tommy, but he looked too young given the time when Vice City took place. Plus the narrator had a Hispanic accent. I think it is more likely that the GTA 3 character(could that guy be him in light of the games ten year anniversary?) or CJ make an appearance seeing as they both made appearances in San A before.

Also, I am so hyped for this game that I am going to purchase Saints Row 3 just to scratch that sandbox itch I've got.

Yeah, maybe a little young, given that Tommy would be 59-60 years old, but damnit, a man can dream. Either way, I am sure this game will be awesome as long as we don't get another Niko character. I was not a fan of Niko very much, besides his ignorant humor.

QUOTE (cws0591 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)

f*** it, put Claude, Tommy, CJ, and Niko all in the game.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 2, 2011 -> 10:42 PM)

Sorry about that, I said 80 and then 40. It should be 40 since GTA San Andreas took place in the early 90's. I believe it was '92 to be exact. Either way, he would be 43 now. Tommy would be 60 according to GTA wiki. No way either of them are involved past a few cameos.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
Sorry about that, I said 80 and then 40. It should be 40 since GTA San Andreas took place in the early 90's. I believe it was '92 to be exact. Either way, he would be 43 now. Tommy would be 60 according to GTA wiki. No way either of them are involved past a few cameos.

http://kotaku.com/5856054/one-image-makes-...ormer-gta-icons

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
I'd be expecting more from MW3 myself.

I don't see why. Though the stories are absolutely exceptional, they rarely last longer than 6-8 hours. MW2 was super short, but fun as f***. I'll rent the third in a few weeks and cruise through that story, I reckon.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 01:52 AM)
I don't see why. Though the stories are absolutely exceptional, they rarely last longer than 6-8 hours. MW2 was super short, but fun as f***. I'll rent the third in a few weeks and cruise through that story, I reckon.

Just from a single player / campaign perspective, I'm into MW's style of Big Explosions / Cinematic feel then what Battlefield goes for.

That's not to say Battlefield 3 didn't have a bad campaign though.