Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 08:18 AM)
They need to rename the big 12 to the big 2.

Texas and ESPN?

There's only one school in the Big 12 running things. Half the schools are lusting after their neighbors conference, the other half are sticking their head in the sand and hoping nothing changes.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Texas and ESPN?

There's only one school in the Big 12 running things. Half the schools are lusting after their neighbors conference, the other half are sticking their head in the sand and hoping nothing changes.

There appears to be a longhorn dictatorship in the big 12, but I was speaking of actual rosters though, I have to give the sooners some credit.

Would not surprise me to see the big 12 just the 4 Texas schools and the 2 OK schools in the future,with everyone else scrambling to find a decent conference to move to. Credit to neb and col for making the first move.

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
There appears to be a longhorn dictatorship in the big 12, but I was speaking of actual rosters though, I have to give the sooners some credit.

Would not surprise me to see the big 12 just the 4 Texas schools and the 2 OK schools in the future,with everyone else scrambling to find a decent conference to move to. Credit to neb and col for making the first move.

That makes absolutely no sense. Why would the other schools willingly take less money?

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 03:57 AM)
Maybe they get tired of being b*tches? Why cater to Texas?

Money? How is this hurting the other schools? Texas has its own network that no one has picked up yet and will not be that big of a recruiting advantage.

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)

If you're speaking of actual rosters, Texas wasn't that good this year and likely won't be much better this year but whatever. There's no reason to see the rest of the Big 12 North leave. If anyone leaves to spark the end of the conference it's going to be OU and/or A&M with others. The big schools like having a bigger geographical reach for TV markets so the northern teams have value.

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)
Fine. Enjoy your free welfare money.

You want to tell me what Iowa State's better option is? Especially now that the State of Iowa says that we can't get any support from them and have to be totally self sufficient?

We've now got more money flowing in than we've ever had, and short of a Big Ten invite, there's no better place for us.

Like I said, people outside the Big 12 don't have much idea.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:04 AM)
If you're speaking of actual rosters, Texas wasn't that good this year and likely won't be much better this year but whatever. There's no reason to see the rest of the Big 12 North leave. If anyone leaves to spark the end of the conference it's going to be OU and/or A&M with others. The big schools like having a bigger geographical reach for TV markets so the northern teams have value.

Garrett Gilbert sucks, and the Texas OL does as well.

You want to tell me what Iowa State's better option is? Especially now that the State of Iowa says that we can't get any support from them and have to be totally self sufficient?

We've now got more money flowing in than we've ever had, and short of a Big Ten invite, there's no better place for us.

Like I said, people outside the Big 12 don't have much idea.

I bet Oklahoma does not have that attitude. I can't feel sorry for Iowa st. It is their own fault they are dependent on Texas. You guys are in the heart of Big10 and Big 12 country. Recruits should not be hard to come by. It's not a horrible situation, but let's be honest, Id be SHOCKED if Iowa St won the conference in the next 50 years. Why would you want to stay where you won't ever win?

You mean last year? I think Texas will be just fine. As long as they have the right qb the rest of the team should gel to 10+ wins, this year and most years.

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
I bet Oklahoma does not have that attitude. I can't feel sorry for Iowa st. It is their own fault they are dependent on Texas. You guys are in the heart of Big10 and Big 12 country. Recruits should not be hard to come by. It's not a horrible situation, but let's be honest, Id be SHOCKED if Iowa St won the conference in the next 50 years. Why would you want to stay where you won't ever win?

Again, mind telling me where Iowa State should go? That they can run their athletics department at no worse than break-even with no state support?

You are also the first person EVER to say that Iowa State's location means that recruits should not be hard to come by.

Why would we want to stay where we can't ever win? Money.

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 05:28 PM)
You mean last year? I think Texas will be just fine. As long as they have the right qb the rest of the team should gel to 10+ wins, this year and most years.

GG is awful.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
Ugh, could go without the aTm rumors today.

Also, if the Big 12 broke up last year, the Big East had approved the addition of Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Missouri.

Could Texas move to the Big 10 if the Big 12 starts to breakup? I know that was a rumor months ago before Nebraska moved.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 01:09 AM)
They're going to be gone ASAP if the SEC still wants them. I'm not sure if they do, though. So, we'll see. I still think it'll take 3 or 4 years before the Big 12 falls apart.

Not convinced the aTm higher ups want to make the move, either. I give about a 10% chance of them leaving. Texas politics really make it difficult.

ChuckCarltonDMN Chuck Carlton

Told that no other Big 12 school is considering following A&M if Aggies exit. Oklahoma is solid the Big 12, Texas committed too. We'll see.

2 minutes ago

School sources say the Big 12 would continue as a nine-team league, with four non-conference football games, if Texas A&M exits to the SEC.

8 minutes ago

To be specific, four, none from the same school. RT @BryanDFischer: @ChuckCarltonDMN Just several?

9 minutes ago

Several Big 12 sources expressed frustration with the ongoing A&M soap opera regarding the SEC and its harmful impact on the Big 12's image.

11 minutes ago

A couple of highlights from the A&M column: sources view the board of regents as divided on SEC, with a vocal fan base driving momentum.

12 minutes ago

It's going down and it's going to be an insane beginning to the college football season.

Rumors of A&M to SEC, and Tech, OU, Okie State to Pac. The question would be what Texas will do. They won't sacrifice their other programs and go independent. Will they follow OU, Tech, and Okie State to the Pac? Will they join the Big 10? Will Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, and Mizzou head to the Big East? Interesting stuff.