Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
Trainwreck of an interview by the IU football coach and some local show.

link

You know, I listened in, I don't blame him much at all. He was a bit mean, but I'd call out the hosts there. Does anyone who isn't an IU fan agree with me?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)
You know, I listened in, I don't blame him much at all. He was a bit mean, but I'd call out the hosts there. Does anyone who isn't an IU fan agree with me?

This is what I've been wondering since I heard this earlier today. Obviously as an IU fan I'm going to be biased, so I'm curious how others viewed it. I mean, the hosts were berating (and not in a "this team is bad and here's why" way but in a "they suck. seriously, we pounded them in college" way) his team while he waiting on the line for the interview. Frankly, I'm happy we have a guy that shows that sort of passion and belief in this team. Lynch was a class act, but a passionless and terrible coach.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
This is what I've been wondering since I heard this earlier today. Obviously as an IU fan I'm going to be biased, so I'm curious how others viewed it. I mean, the hosts were berating (and not in a "this team is bad and here's why" way but in a "they suck. seriously, we pounded them in college" way) his team while he waiting on the line for the interview. Frankly, I'm happy we have a guy that shows that sort of passion and belief in this team. Lynch was a class act, but a passionless and terrible coach.

It's not just that, but the hosts didn't seem to realize that, you know, they were harsh on him and just expecting him to take it. I mean, he was clearly annoyed, but it didn't strike me as excessive in his remarks, nothing worse than they dished out to him, then they cut him off and wouldn't stop bashing him.

I thought the IU coach got suckered into this mess but I also think he could have handled himself a lot better. It was also very unprofessional for the one host to rip IU football moments before having their coach on. The coach is taking time out of his day to be a guest on your show and youre going to talk s***? Low class move. And it did seem like the hosts were looking for a fight after they realized the coach was pissed.

One of the parties should have been the bigger person and said something like " We have gotten off on the wrong foot so lets start over......"

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
A&M will accept the SEC invite August 22nd at their board meeting apparently. SEC is also talking to FSU now about joining.

Orangebloods reported the SEC would try to attract Oklahoma and OK St and VA Tech. Obviously things change if the OK schools stay put or go west.

The big question is, how quickly are the dominos about to fall?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Trainwreck of an interview by the IU football coach and some local show.

link

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
It's not just that, but the hosts didn't seem to realize that, you know, they were harsh on him and just expecting him to take it. I mean, he was clearly annoyed, but it didn't strike me as excessive in his remarks, nothing worse than they dished out to him, then they cut him off and wouldn't stop bashing him.

I'm with you guys, awful, awful, awful job by the radio hosts. What the hell were they thinking? What bothered me most was that they immediately got offended when the coach struck back. Then they kept whining about his attitude and continued to cut him off. Then hanging up on the guy and continuing to blast him and the program? Those guys are first class idiots.

I am, and will be moreso in the future, a part of the media, and it's jackasses like these two clowns who give everyone a bad reputation. Get your head out of your ass and quit feeling so entitled. Your job is to entertain and inform, sure. But it's also not about you, it's about the topics you're discussing.

Good for the IU coach.

I thought Wilson should have just hung up from the beginning, but the hosts had it coming. Trudeau is a toolbag. Screw that guy, he's been arrested for a DUI, punching a cop, and providing alcohol to his son and 13 of his friends who were having multiple keggers at his house when they were 16.

Hosts went way overboard after he was cut off. "I'm going to tell Ron Zook to run the score up on that jerk".

LMFAO, really? Like Illinois football is soooo much better than IU. Zook is 3-3 against IU.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 02:47 AM)
I'm with you guys, awful, awful, awful job by the radio hosts. What the hell were they thinking? What bothered me most was that they immediately got offended when the coach struck back. Then they kept whining about his attitude and continued to cut him off. Then hanging up on the guy and continuing to blast him and the program? Those guys are first class idiots.

I am, and will be moreso in the future, a part of the media, and it's jackasses like these two clowns who give everyone a bad reputation. Get your head out of your ass and quit feeling so entitled. Your job is to entertain and inform, sure. But it's also not about you, it's about the topics you're discussing.

Good for the IU coach.

Glad a person who's not (as far as I know) an IU alum agrees.

I'm an Illinois fan (and don't really care for Indiana) so i'm probably biased in the other direction. I think both sides were clearly unprofessional, but I think the radio guys had a point that look, you need as much good press as you can get since you need to bring your program up. So why come out swinging? Did it go over board? Eh. Indiana has been terrible for decades. But why would that surprise this coach? They weren't attacking the current team. They weren't attacking him personally. They were making fun of the program. You shouldn't be treated like royalty if you've never had much success.

End of the day this is nothing but positive for IU though. IU fans should love that their coach doesn't take s*** from dumb radio hosts.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 01:47 AM)

Good for the IU coach.

I agree with this.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
I'm an Illinois fan (and don't really care for Indiana) so i'm probably biased in the other direction. I think both sides were clearly unprofessional, but I think the radio guys had a point that look, you need as much good press as you can get since you need to bring your program up. So why come out swinging? Did it go over board? Eh. Indiana has been terrible for decades. But why would that surprise this coach? They weren't attacking the current team. They weren't attacking him personally. They were making fun of the program. You shouldn't be treated like royalty if you've never had much success.

End of the day this is nothing but positive for IU though. IU fans should love that their coach doesn't take s*** from dumb radio hosts.

You can be harsh on the program and whatnot but you don't invite someone on a show for the sole purpose of attacking him. I'm not saying be a puppet like Hawk Harrelson would be but have some respect for a person taking time out of his day to do an interview for your show.

It goes both ways. When the actual interview took place, Wilson was a dick from the start and didn't need to be. IU football is a joke to their alums and he realizes that he needs to change that perception locally. However, you can't come away as as much of a dick as a pair of radio jockeys. The coach needs to be better instead of being rude from the start.

On the flip side, the radio guys were awful after they let him go. For the actual interview, Wilson was bad. Afterwards, the radio guys were worse.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)

The IU coach needs to represent himself better than that. It's not positive at all for them.

Ultimately if Wilson wants to shut everyone up, he'll make the goal at IU higher than making a bowl game. It's the worst program in the Big Ten right now and little things like this don't help (or really matter) in the long run.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
It goes both ways. When the actual interview took place, Wilson was a dick from the start and didn't need to be. IU football is a joke to their alums and he realizes that he needs to change that perception locally. However, you can't come away as as much of a dick as a pair of radio jockeys. The coach needs to be better instead of being rude from the start.

On the flip side, the radio guys were awful after they let him go. For the actual interview, Wilson was bad. Afterwards, the radio guys were worse.

The IU coach needs to represent himself better than that. It's not positive at all for them.

Ultimately if Wilson wants to shut everyone up, he'll make the goal at IU higher than making a bowl game. It's the worst program in the Big Ten right now and little things like this don't help (or really matter) in the long run.

After the whole Sampson debacle, Indiana fans have created an "us against the world" mentality. I think this thing will just feed it. No IU fan is going to worry about the coach not being professional if he's sticking up for the program.

Edited by Jenksismybitch