Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
Somehow LSU is still in this game with zero first downs and 12 yards. Georgia's also literally dropped 11 other points.

60 minutes. They're fortunate enough to have the best defense, which kept them in the game until their offense woke up.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
Bowl games for 6-6 (or 6-7) teams is ridiculous. As Herbstreit said, it's little league and everyone gets a trophy. It's become ridiculous how many games there are.

I like how Conference USA lost 17 million dollars today. Oops.

If it were actually ridiculous, then those last 15 bowls wouldn't make money. If you don't want those bowls to exist, then don't spend the week before Christmas watching bowl games.

We're all going to do it anyway.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
Bowl games for 6-6 (or 6-7) teams is ridiculous. As Herbstreit said, it's little league and everyone gets a trophy. It's become ridiculous how many games there are.

I like how Conference USA lost 17 million dollars today. Oops.

He needs to talk to the network he works for then, because ESPN bids and show alot of Bowl games with teams with 6-6 or 7-6 records. They promote the hell out it with the Bowl Week s***!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
He annoys me. Sounds like he's getting an orgasm off a 3 yard rush or a free throw, whatever sport he's calling.

I dont mind the excitement on plays like the one where Wilson hit the big 4th down pass that led to the eventual game winning score.

But there was a kickoff return in the 3rd quarter that was brought back to midfield and I thought Gus was busting a nut on the play.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
If it were actually ridiculous, then those last 15 bowls wouldn't make money. If you don't want those bowls to exist, then don't spend the week before Christmas watching bowl games.

We're all going to do it anyway.

You watch all the s***ty bowl games?

But just because they make money doesn't make the concept ridiculous.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Wow, sucks to see the Big 10 title decided on that call.

Decided on a correct call though

Chances of OK State passing Bama in the final BCS poll increasing big time. If the Harris poll reflects what happened in the Coaches and AP poll, we're going to have an LSU - OK St final and Michigan probably gets knocked out of the Sugar Bowl.

From everything I am hearing and reading, it is going to be very close between Alabama and OK State tonight for the final spot in the NC game. MUCH closer than anyone could have expected going into yesterday. If OK State goes, Michigan likely goes to the Fiesta.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
From everything I am hearing and reading, it is going to be very close between Alabama and OK State tonight for the final spot in the NC game. MUCH closer than anyone could have expected going into yesterday. If OK State goes, Michigan likely goes to the Fiesta.

Does that mean Michigan is looking pretty good either way at a BCS game?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Ok State impressed the hell out of me. I hate the SEC though. So boring.

This x100. If it is LSU and Bama again, it soldifies my hatred of college football. Not one person can convince me that Alabama should be in that game over OK State.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
This x100. If it is LSU and Bama again, it soldifies my hatred of college football. Not one person can convince me that Alabama should be in that game over OK State.

I can't believe you're serious. Of course, you don't watch much college football anyway.

Iowa St > LSU?

I don't get the SEC hate on here. It's completely undeserved, unlike the Notre Dame hate which is understandable (though, to clarify, I'm not a ND-hater. I like ND. But I also understand why some don't).

Winning 5 national championships in a row says it all. It's just my opinion, but I think there's no doubt that Alabama is a better team than Oklahoma St. They both have one loss. With that said, I also would have liked to see LSU-OKST in the championship b/c LSU-Bama already played... and b/c LSU would stomp OK ST and shut up the haters even more.

No matter what happens, the SEC is about to win it's 6th straight BCS Championship. Unreal.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 05:52 PM)
I can't believe you're serious. Of course, you don't watch much college football anyway.

Iowa St > LSU?

Exactly.

Alabama is the second best team in the country so they deserve the spot. OK-State has no one to blame but themselves for blowing a 17 point lead and losing to a crap team.

And I think Alabama beats LSU.

I don't get the SEC hate on here.

SEC hate is because of their fans.

Nothing more annoying that listening to fans of teams of teams like Ole Miss and Miss St chanting SEC SEC SEC because LSU, Alabama or Florida wins a title.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
I don't get the SEC hate on here. It's completely undeserved, unlike the Notre Dame hate which is understandable (though, to clarify, I'm not a ND-hater. I like ND. But I also understand why some don't).

Winning 5 national championships in a row says it all. It's just my opinion, but I think there's no doubt that Alabama is a better team than Oklahoma St. They both have one loss. With that said, I also would have liked to see LSU-OKST in the championship b/c LSU-Bama already played... and b/c LSU would stomp OK ST and shut up the haters even more.

No matter what happens, the SEC is about to win it's 6th straight BCS Championship. Unreal.

I don't think anyone is hating on the SEC. They're hating on a rematch of what was an atrocious game in the first place. No one argues the SEC's quality, but often times is awful football to watch.