2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
If you're on the 40-man, and you start the season on the DL, you're pretty much considered a big leaguer until you come off the DL. Viciedo will be optioned to AAA when he comes off the DL.

Yeah, tell that to Anibal Sanchez. It's pretty much all about service time.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
If you're on the 40-man, and you start the season on the DL, you're pretty much considered a big leaguer until you come off the DL. Viciedo will be optioned to AAA when he comes off the DL.

This is it. Milledge is on this team for a while. They will let Dayan go down and keep hitting until something happens.

Good move, I think. I can see later on in the season getting guys 5 days rest when they can, but for now, they need to minimize Humber's starts. I also could see this coming, since Humber is basically the 7th bullpen arm for the first series.

They weren't really going to go with 6 in the pen for any extended period of time.

Edited by flavum

If the Sox and the rest of the league somehow get as lucky as they did last year with no rain:

4-1 Buehrle- Carmona

4-2 Jackson- Carrasco

4-3 Danks- Masterson

4-4

4-5 Floyd- Hochevar

4-6 Buehrle- Francis

4-7 Jackson- Price

4-8 Danks- Shields

4-9 Humber- Davis

4-10 Floyd- Niemann

4-11 Buehrle- Braden

4-12 Jackson- Cahill

4-13 Danks- Anderson

4-14

4-15 Floyd- Santana

4-16 Buehrle- Kazmir

4-17 Jackson- Weaver

4-18 Danks- Shields

4-19 Peavy?- Davis

4-20 Floyd- Niemann

4-21 Buehrle- Hellickson

Edited by flavum

The Sox play the Rays 8 games in April, and the A's 10 games from April 11- June 12.

I'll accept splits from both, but hopefully the Rays are a slow starter this season.

The A's scare me because their starting pitching is tough, and they could be tight, low scoring games.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
The Sox play the Rays 8 games in April, and the A's 10 games from April 11- June 12.

I'll accept splits from both, but hopefully the Rays are a slow starter this season.

The A's scare me because their starting pitching is tough, and they could be tight, low scoring games.

Trevor Cahill and Dallas Braden? Lawl they dont scare me at all

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
Longoria is out at least a week with an oblique injury. So at the very least, he'll miss the first couple games of the White Sox opening series.

Sounds like he will be hitting the DL, so count him out for the whole series. Would be eligible to come back when the Sox are in Tampa, if it heals of course

Edited by LittleHurt05

Yep, it's official. He's going on the DL, and he could be out up to 3 weeks.

8 games with Tampa, and the Sox might miss him all 8.

Reminds me of 2005 when the Sox seemed to catch teams at the right time...either missing their best pitcher or a player hurt. If rotations hold, we'll also miss Price when the Sox go to Tampa.

Twins will miss him four games too.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 3, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
I more concerened with the ineffectiveness of Ohman, Yes, it's only two games, but it has been brutal. Maybe Humber got the butterflies out of his system

Butterflies? He sucks. Phillip Humber wouldn't even be on this roster if Peavy were healthy.

Was at a restaurant today and saw Lexi bunt into a triple play.

You know, I have backed Oz on the bunt before, but I now am against it in almost any situation for one simple reason that we all know: Baseball players f***ing cannot bunt.

I don't know whose fault this is, but my god, bunting into a f***ing triple play?

Just a few days after the close of spring training?

I like the bunt (in theory) but since f***ing high paid big leaguers cannot bunt I am now in the camp of those of you who f***ing hate the bunt.

And yes my anger is to Lexi more than Ozzie.

His sacrifice bunting form today was ludicrous, firing the bat out there.

I was a s***ty baseball player but I could deaden the bat and f***ing bunt like most of you also probably could, albeit the pitcher wasn't throwing 95.

Ugh, frustration, forgive me for my frustration but I'm just hacked off.

I immediately thought of what the game thread would look like.

I normally back Ozzie, but at some point you just have to stop trusting these big leaguers to put down a bunt.

I mean unless that was just one bad at bat ... my god his bunting form was embarrassing.

Stop.The.Bunt (not that it's not called for). s*** it would have been nice to have men on second and third with one out and a one run lead. Not bases empty after a triple f***ing play.

I don't care whether or not they can get the bunt down. They should be able to being major leaguers and all, but that's totally irrelevant. Just swing the bat and assume that Alexei is going to beat out a DP or that he'll hit it so that you can still get the runner on second to third with 1 out still.