Peavy had rotator cuff tendinitis

Heads22

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
At least this should end everyone's hope that he will be an ace or top starter for us. Its time to move on and forget he is even on this team. Waiting around for him is a wasted effort.

Exactly. I don't know if he should simply be shut down for the year or not, but the guy is a mess physically.

As far as his next contract, give me a break. Nobody will sign him for more than the minimum if he never pitches for us.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 05:27 AM)
Personally, with the amount of cash he's cost me only recently, if I was Reinsdorf KW would be gone. Manny, Peavy, Griffey... it's over man. You are burning cash now.

To tell you the truth, after the last couple seasons, I wouldn't be upset if KW and Oz were fired tomorrow.

Even if it means we get worse as an organization.

We stink so bad right now.

Of course those three sentences will be laughable if this team gets its s*** together and, led by Adam Dunn, wins the division,

rolls to the WS and behind a strong closing pitching staff, beats the Phils there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:27 PM)
Personally, with the amount of cash he's cost me only recently, if I was Reinsdorf KW would be gone. Manny, Peavy, Griffey... it's over man. You are burning cash now.

Especially after this season and the turnout they will get for the season (bad). Hell, I'm probably not gonna go to many games this year. This team doesn't deserve my money and I'm going to do my part to ensure that as many members of this club are gone next year as possible. I'll probably just go to games that I get free tickets for, which usually ends up being about five.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 03:46 AM)
Who knows if those innings hurt him, but I agree it was an absolutely ridiculous decision to pitch him at the end of that year.

I remember at the time getting crucified (bad choice of words this week) for suggesting it was crazy to pitch Peavy.

I said it'd be best to just start the season in April and have the excitement of Peavy opening the season with the Sox.

People were furious at that point of view and said they wanted to see Peavy pitch NOW!!!!

Don't know if those innings hurt him, no way of telling, but that was a dumb dumb decision.

Somehow, someway Humber just has to keep pitching decent(which I have no faith that he will) but ya, I'm pretty much done with Peavy. Good thing is that we gave up nothing, bad thing is that we're obviously strapped with his contract now.

Also, absolutely no reason to give up on this season, this division is still ours for the taking but this seriously puts a damper on some things.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
Somehow, someway Humber just has to keep pitching decent(which I have no faith that he will) but ya, I'm pretty much done with Peavy. Good thing is that we gave up nothing, bad thing is that we're obviously strapped with his contract now.

Also, absolutely no reason to give up on this season, this division is still ours for the taking but this seriously puts a damper on some things.

Yeah, we're good enough to win this division. That's not saying much, though, as about 7 other non-Central, AL teams could.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 08:58 PM)
has anyone heard what kind of discomfort? Shoulder? His lat? His elbow?

His lat. One report stated he didn't appear to be in pain when he left. Maybe he had a minor issue and is taking no chances. Personally I think its either a very minor setback or something major that will have JR on the line to his insurance guy.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:13 AM)
The overreactions on this site are hilarious. No one here has any real news, yet everyone is suddenly a team physician with access to private information. STFU and wait a couple hours before you officially quit on Peavy and this team.

Even as the Peavy optimist, I can't go this far. They've got a point. Guy's been attempting rehab starts for 2 months now and appears to be starting all over again.

I said J4L was going to be wrong somewhere in one of these threads when he said June 1, and after today, that suddenly seems likely.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)
Wow, this is shocking. I guess Steve is just a Bulls homer.

Jesus Christ. Right, I'm a homer because I think Derrick Rose is a better player than Chris Paul and I would never trade him for CP3 in a million years. F*CK ME if the entire world agrees with me save two posters at Soxtalk, I'm a homer.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:13 AM)
The overreactions on this site are hilarious. No one here has any real news, yet everyone is suddenly a team physician with access to private information. STFU and wait a couple hours before you officially quit on Peavy and this team.

I'm not quitting on this team... it will be good. Jake, however, I'm done considering him a piece to worry about... he doesn't exist in my books.

I agree with the second part, but not the first. With the talent on the roster, this division is still very winnable, no matter how bad they look now.

But I think there's nothing wrong to not expect anything from Peavy for the time being. He keeps getting shut down when he appears to make progress. If he only threw 15 pitches yesterday, he won't be ready for April 29. It's one thing to be optimistic in February, but now the season has started and Phil Humber is still gonna be the 5th starter for a while now, so can't keep worrying about Peavy.

Agreed! Hell, at the beginning of the season, I'd be happy with a .500 record for April the way they seem to start slowly. I am not giving up on this team yet, I just may have to look away at times because it is too painful to watch. Fans have a right to boo the Sox. I have a right to boo the fans. BOOO!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 11:30 PM)
To tell you the truth, after the last couple seasons, I wouldn't be upset if KW and Oz were fired tomorrow.

Even if it means we get worse as an organization.

We stink so bad right now.

Of course those three sentences will be laughable if this team gets its s*** together and, led by Adam Dunn, wins the division,

rolls to the WS and behind a strong closing pitching staff, beats the Phils there.

This team has got to be considered underachieving again, seemingly a trademark of Guillen managed teams.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:30 AM)
Even as the Peavy optimist, I can't go this far. They've got a point. Guy's been attempting rehab starts for 2 months now and appears to be starting all over again.

I said J4L was going to be wrong somewhere in one of these threads when he said June 1, and after today, that suddenly seems likely.

With some people, Peavy's shoulder, lat or whatever will have to spontaneously combust for them to realize this guy can no longer be counted on for anything at this point. He's a luxury. That's it. No more positive ptac posts (though they're very much appreciated). No more random Twitter crap talking about Peavy "feels good" or is "right on schedule". Until his ass is on the mound in a game that counts, he's a ghost.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:35 AM)
Jesus Christ. Right, I'm a homer because I think Derrick Rose is a better player than Chris Paul and I would never trade him for CP3 in a million years. F*CK ME if the entire world agrees with me save two posters at Soxtalk, I'm a homer.

Never said there was anything wrong with thinking Rose > Paul. But my MJ/Reggie Miller analogy was spot on. I know it's been over a decade since we last had a superstar, but let's not act like the virgin geek going to his first strip club (in essence overrating Rose because it's been so long since we've had a player of his caliber).

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 07:53 AM)
Agreed! Hell, at the beginning of the season, I'd be happy with a .500 record for April the way they seem to start slowly. I am not giving up on this team yet, I just may have to look away at times because it is too painful to watch. Fans have a right to boo the Sox. I have a right to boo the fans. BOOO!

I wouldn't be. Why be content with mediocrity and hope to catch up when we play the NL? The law of averages state that our ridiculous run against NL teams will eventually slow down.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 08:31 AM)
I wouldn't be. Why be content with mediocrity and hope to catch up when we play the NL? The law of averages state that our ridiculous run against NL teams will eventually slow down.

Then the Law of Averages would state that our ridiculous run against the Twins will eventually turn up then.