What is Going Wrong With the Sox

Felix

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
If any of you have ever seen Felix's other posts, then yes, he was obviously kidding.

Some of you are very gullible or just ignorant of the opinions of one of the best posters on this board (Felix).

Exactly. It's not like Felix is some unknown poster or someone who generally has bizarre, nonsensical positions.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
For those of you that don't believe the original poster was being serious... well i still do. Not often do i come across someone that has the same viewpoints as myself. I think some of you are just being naive... and hearing what you want to hear... because you guys just can't grasp that there are different ways of looking at things. Get real guys, you are in no way better than us. Peace, homies.

And the Oscar for best supporting poster in a satirical thread goes to . . .

qwerty :headbang

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
Some of you are very gullible or just ignorant of the opinions of one of the best posters on this board (Felix).

Alright now that is just... awful wrong.

Edited by SoxAce

Kalapse could one up this thread without even trying. All kalapse would have to do is go into detail about a recent s*** of his that he just got done examining... and that puppy would end up at least double the length of this one. Kalapse could convince some of you that the sky is purple, and that the grass is red, with zero questions asked.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 02:33 AM)
Kalapse could one up this thread without even trying. All kalapse would have to do is go into detail about a recent s*** of his that he just got done examining... and that puppy would end up at least double the length of this one. Kalapse could convince some of you that the sky is purple, and that the grass is red, with zero questions asked.

I'm giving chw a pass since he has only been here about 3 years.

Edited by SoxAce

Kalapse threw a cyanide party. Everybody died.

Except everybody would know Kalapse would be kidding. He's too well known.

You make some great points.

Seriously, posts like these should be a permaban.

The only thing that drives me up a wall is bunting with your number two hitter. LET HIM SWING AWAY AND TRY TO OPEN UP THE INNING. Giving up outs only gets you closer to ending the game.

Edited by Paint it Black

That includes a 25-5 streak last year, also 43-29 against the NL. So against the teams they are directly competing against for playoff positions for the last 4+ years they have been a sub .500 team. All the while as the payroll continues to balloon. Pathetic outfit.

See? This is the kind of s*** I'm talking about. The White Sox have started 7-10 and people are calling for the GM's head and the manager's head. Why use 2007 and not 2006? Or why not start at 2008? Of course, because you're cherry picking statistics and are trying to prove a point.

They're 425-403 since 2006. That's a .513 winning percentage. They're 263-241 since 2008. That's a .522 winning percentage.

Instead of having good discussions about the White Sox, let's just propose firing everybody instead because that doesn't make you look like the stereotypical fairweather fan when they're losing. I can guarantee you won't be singing this tune when they start winning.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
You make some great points.

Seriously, posts like these should be a permaban.

The only thing that drives me up a wall is bunting with your number two hitter. LET HIM SWING AWAY AND TRY TO OPEN UP THE INNING. Giving up outs only gets you closer to ending the game.

With the way the offense has disappeared I have no problem with the bunt.. They've been hitting like .200 for a while now, I wouldn't just assume that they are going to string together enough hits, especially in the clutch, to win the game..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
lol. this is getting out of control now.

this. (2 weeks into the season lol) well if ozzie should be fired then gardenhire should be fired too, they have a worse record than we do and i dont hear twins fans saying he should be gone because 2 weeks worth of baseball oh and francona too while were at it

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
I feel like we started out bad last year but ended up with like 88 wins

Obviously, that couldn't have happened because if you are 3 games under .500 by mid April you're done.. right?

88 wins is great and all, but sometimes you have to dig a little deeper and realize they had a 38-13 stretch wrapped around garbage and went 5-13 against the team that actually won the division.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
I feel like we started out bad last year but ended up with like 88 wins

Obviously, that couldn't have happened because if you are 3 games under .500 by mid April you're done.. right?

that did take a pretty extraordinary run, and in the end they still missed the playoffs because of their horrendous start.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
See? This is the kind of s*** I'm talking about. The White Sox have started 7-10 and people are calling for the GM's head and the manager's head. Why use 2007 and not 2006? Or why not start at 2008? Of course, because you're cherry picking statistics and are trying to prove a point.

They're 425-403 since 2006. That's a .513 winning percentage. They're 263-241 since 2008. That's a .522 winning percentage.

Instead of having good discussions about the White Sox, let's just propose firing everybody instead because that doesn't make you look like the stereotypical fairweather fan when they're losing. I can guarantee you won't be singing this tune when they start winning.

A .513 winning percentage is pretty mediocre. .522 might sneak you in in a bad division.

It's about 5 years of frustrations, many of them repeated, that are causing all of the reactions right now, not one 7-10 start.