5/9 Games

flavum

So what are the thoughts on 2B Ross Wilson? Former "2-A-Days" star is hitting .315 with a robust OBP around .410 or so. He has just about the same amount of Ks as BB, and OPS over .800, which is shocking considering his 0 HR, and only 7 Xtra base hits.

Obviously he is not showing any power, but his AVG and especially OBP skills are looking awful good. Is this just a product of a college kid in Low-A, or could he be a decent prospect going forward?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:32 PM)
So what are the thoughts on 2B Ross Wilson? Former "2-A-Days" star is hitting .315 with a robust OBP around .410 or so. He has just about the same amount of Ks as BB, and OPS over .800, which is shocking considering his 0 HR, and only 7 Xtra base hits.

Obviously he is not showing any power, but his AVG and especially OBP skills are looking awful good. Is this just a product of a college kid in Low-A, or could he be a decent prospect going forward?

I think it's the former. That lack of extra-base hits is quite worrisome. Maybe he could be a decent bench player one day, but doesn't profile as a starter down the line.

Lindsay still has a 0.00 ERA for Charlotte.

Any reports on him? I know our relievers down there (3-4 of them) have been putting up pretty impressive numbers. Didn't we just pick him up this spring or in the off-season?

Noticed another DeShields playing at Lexington in SAL League. Delino's son?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)

Any reports on him? I know our relievers down there (3-4 of them) have been putting up pretty impressive numbers. Didn't we just pick him up this spring or in the off-season?

Yeah, as a minor league free agent. He has walked 10 in his 7 innings at Charlotte though. That's not good enough. But that is his MO. Great stuff, poor command.

Edit: Just realized he hasn't given up a hit yet in Charlotte, too.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)

Delino DeShields Jr. is in the Astros system

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)

I would assume so. His name is Delino DeShields Jr. lol.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
Can he run?

4/5 in SB, but he may just be a good baserunner, and not a speed threat. He is 37/49 in college and the pros, which is about 76%. Pretty decent, but I wouldn't expect a lot of steals out of him.

However, he has a great eye. Every year since his sophomore year of college has he posted an OBP 100+ points above his batting AVG.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
Blanke is 3-4, 2 2B

.298/.348/.462

BA had an article on him today as well. The title indicated his focus right now is on his D, but I'm unsure the content as I'm too poor to subscribe.

It was a short organizational report. The highlights: he grew 3 inches after high school and didn't play catcher full time until transferring to Tampa from JuCo.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2011 -> 01:16 AM)
DANKS DID NOT STRIKE OUT.

He was the only player in the lineup that didn't. That is quite odd.

And I really like Ryan Buch. Becoming one of my favorites to follow.

Edited by SoxAce