F*** it III: Sox vs The National. First Pitch 7:10 CT

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)
nothing lost nothing gained in the division

Just another golden opportunity bungled. Dunn looked a little better tonight after the first couple of Ks. If he gets hot and Rios plays like the first half last season, the Sox will win the division easily. If not, games like tonight are really going to hurt.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:13 AM)
Just another golden opportunity bungled. Dunn looked a little better tonight after the first couple of Ks. If he gets hot and Rios plays like the first half last season, the Sox will win the division easily. If not, games like tonight are really going to hurt.

This whole season hurts and we're not even halfway through.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 01:13 AM)

I actually think, this game even tho they lost, will actually turn things around for the club. To see the team compete like that is quite encouraging. Frustrating to lose a game where to came back 3 different times, and had chances to win it too, but just having that compete and determination will be able to lift the team.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:15 AM)
I actually think, this game even tho they lost, will actually turn things around for the club. To see the team compete like that is quite encouraging. Frustrating to lose a game where to came back 3 different times, and had chances to win it too, but just having that compete and determination will be able to lift the team.

Or it will be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Could go either way. Dunn is encouraging and Rios seems to be pulling out of it a bit.

But the fashion in which Thornton got beat is a mirror image of the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the season.

Where have you gone, Gordon Beckham???

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 04:56 AM)
Of course.

About the only positive is that Humber can stop warming up now.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tigers and Indians lost so it doesn't matter. So sick and tired of hearing that.

The DBacks and Nationals win because they hustle on every play and never let up.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 05:01 AM)
Applaud the effort by the team. Tough to lose this one no qs, but atleast we battled, error hurts for sure. Well atleast I guess we didn't lose any ground on the division.

Sox did battle big time, which is a big plus.

But Sox blew so many chances again at home. Inexcusable at bat by Lilly, followed by a fail by the prior hero, Teahan. Bases loaded one out with the home team up ... got to win it there.

On a positive side, losses really don't bother me anymore, not til we get a few over .500. I just don't believe. Losses just don't wreck me any more.

Another nice game by AJ.

I disagreed with Ozzie calling for the intentional walk to Werth in the 14th.

Dunn is showing some signs of life, but I'm not going to get excited about it just yet until he puts a string of good games together and blasts a few HRs.

Tough loss, especially as we had a golden opportunity to gain ground against the entire division tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:19 AM)
Sox did battle big time, which is a big plus.

But Sox blew so many chances again at home. Inexcusable at bat by Lilly, followed by a fail by the prior hero, Teahan. Bases loaded one out with the home team up ... got to win it there.

On a positive side, losses really don't bother me anymore, not til we get a few over .500. I just don't believe. Losses just don't wreck me any more.

Really thought we'd win after AJ's homer because how many times has a team come back to tie it 3 times late in the ballgame and then gone on to lose before?

That was 2 strikes, 2 outs. The baseball gods aren't supposed to shine on the Nationals after giving us so many chances.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 12:15 AM)

I agree. Too much negativity from past posts. Time for something positive. Yeah it's still a loss. The big picture is the Sox don't lose any ground.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 05:20 AM)
Really thought we'd win after AJ's homer because how many times has a team come back to tie it 3 times late in the ballgame and then gone on to lose before?

That was 2 strikes, 2 outs. The baseball gods aren't supposed to shine on the Nationals after giving us so many chances.

I know this team just amazes with its ways to lose games.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 03:50 AM)
We could just WIN THIS THING and all join hands in a hearty round of Kumbaya My Lord.

Guess we'll have to save the camp fire singing for the weekend.

If this loss doesn't ignite some passion in our Sox - nothing will.... hopefully they come out swinging tomorrow and never look back for the rest of 2011.

edit:

Hey, Cleveland - Detroit - and Minny all lost... a Miracle - time to start singing - at least that's a bright spot today.

Coming back 3 times was also nice - in a painful way. :P

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 06:18 AM)
Or it will be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Could go either way. Dunn is encouraging and Rios seems to be pulling out of it a bit.

But the fashion in which Thornton got beat is a mirror image of the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the season.

Where have you gone, Gordon Beckham???

I don't know how some think this loss will help us.

It won't help us IMO.

Can we come back from yet another heartbreaking loss? We shall see. It was a bad loss despite the fact the team battled back many times.

Like caufield said it can go either way. I wouldn't assume this loss will magically help our sub .500 team.

One way of looking at it is after a couple nice comebacks, Lexi blew the game with a lazy error. And it can't help Matt's confidence any with the team continuing to blow behind him.

It was not a good result on the south side tonight despite the nice comebacks.

OK, if it's not too late... I came home from work right as the Sox tied it up in the 10th. I need a couple things explained to me in case I'm about to go overboard, jump the gun too quick and go and lynch Ozzie my DAMN self.

1. I noticed Dunn was hitting (early in the lineup if I'm not mistaken) and Paulie was not. Yet Paulie was not playing 1B and neither was Dunn. So either Dunn was the DH or was a PH without Paulie playing. Either of these sound f***ing asinine to me so some please set me straight with what was going on.

2. Did Thornton have to give up a grand slam before Ozzie decided to make a switch? Or was no one else really available in the pen at the time? Again, I don't want to jump the gun.