Twins @ Sox, 7/8/11, 7:10, WCIU

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
Another embarrassing matchup against the Twins. I love the disgust in Stone's voice when he's describing these scrub relief pitchers out there for Minnesota.

We need to lose these next two games. Nothing may happen, but if there ever was a moment to push change (ANY change) it'd be then; right before the ASB.

The Sox will be in 4th place. There's not much that can be done to change. For trades it will be garbage for garbage and there's nothing on the farm.

Edited by kitekrazy

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
Another embarrassing matchup against the Twins. I love the disgust in Stone's voice when he's describing these scrub relief pitchers out there for Minnesota.

We need to lose these next two games. Nothing may happen, but if there ever was a moment to push change (ANY change) it'd be then; right before the ASB.

I don't see any changes being made, unfortunately, even after the inevitable sweep that will occur by the end of the weekend. Greg Walker has a job for life.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)

Piece of cake!

Can you imagine how happy Thome is being on the other side of this "rivalry?"

He got to hit the home run which was our last highlight against these guys now he gets to kick our ass.

On a serious note ... how long will fans show up for this?

Is the Cell experience so great (if it is, awesome) that the product doesn't matter much?

Or will our crowds start dwindling?

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Hawk! Shut up about the 4th out! Yes, it could/should have bee turned, but he's fast! It was Floyd's batting practice pitching that gave up the 6 runs! And, oh yes, the home run given up to a nobody hitter.

If not then, our pitching would have given up the lead anyway at another point.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:02 PM)

He got to hit the home run which was our last highlight against these guys now he gets to kick our ass.

Is the Cell experience so great (if it is, awesome) that the product doesn't matter much?

Big deal. He might get to be in four games in the post season if the weather is descent. I don't think it matters.

I hope there are some good Sox fans at least making some good money on our faceplants vs. Minnie and the Central.

Those who bet wildly on the opponent would be bringing in some good money overall.

I would like to see somebody benefiting from this.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)

I wouldn't go. Hell...the sox were out here in June...and I'd be damned if I was gonna go out and spend money to watch that garbage.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:05 AM)
Big deal. He might get to be in four games in the post season if the weather is descent. I don't think it matters.

He still can have a lotta fun 19 days in the regular season against his old team.

Will we take a game against them all year? Law of averages mite have us 2-17?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)

I am actually surprised we have been well above our AVG on this homestand. I want to say we have been around 27K each game this homestand, and like 31K In Monday's game. Our AVG was only about 23K.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Hawk! Shut up about the 4th out! Yes, it could/should have bee turned, but he's fast! It was Floyd's batting practice pitching that gave up the 6 runs! And, oh yes, the home run given up to a nobody hitter.

Hawk somehow makes unbearable White Sox baseball even worse. He's such an embarrassment.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:02 AM)
Alex Rios, thanks for coming out today. A cue shot to the 2nd baseman on a first swing fastball.

He just needs to be benched. Worst approach for any Sox hitter I can ever recall.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:08 AM)
He just needs to be benched. Worst approach for any Sox hitter I can ever recall.

It's amazing how it's a vicious circle, cycle.

He makes so much money he has to play. But by playing him, we won't make the playoffs, will keep losing which ultimately will make the team lose money.

It'd be neat if they would just bench these high paid guys who can't play anymore.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:08 PM)
Mauer has no clue against Sale....

Sale has a very high ceiling and should be groomed to start next year. IMO, he has the most potential to become a true ace on our staff.