Lucas Harrell Now a Houston Astro

Hanky Panky

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
Wonder what the true story is.... Clearing roster space at Charlotte? Clearing space on the 40 man? Maybe Harrell said something to his Mgr that got him in trouble?

He was picked up off of waivers before he got to AAA. So there really is no story beyond that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
He was picked up off of waivers before he got to AAA. So there really is no story beyond that.

The 40 man roster stood at 38 men with him and he was not out of options, they didn't have to send him through waivers but they chose to anyway. Now the 40 stands at 37 so why were they trying to clear a spot on the 40 by outrighting him to AAA? It's probably because he's not any good but if that's the case then they must have really not thought much of him.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
The 40 man roster stood at 38 men with him and he was not out of options, they didn't have to send him through waivers but they chose to anyway. Now the 40 stands at 37 so why were they trying to clear a spot on the 40 by outrighting him to AAA? It's probably because he's not any good but if that's the case then they must have really not thought much of him.

I dont think there is more to it than that

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Yes, he filled the role of garbage sacrificial lamb whenever we were getting blown out or needed an emergency start.

Kenny clearly needed to be sure that they had his successor ready in Hector Santiago before letting Harrell go, and so it is done!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
Yes, he filled the role of garbage sacrificial lamb whenever we were getting blown out or needed an emergency start.

Haha, well said. For some reason I'm always hesitant to give up on 95mph but then part of me thinks the minor leagues are just filled with 95mph now. I'll miss that ug-mug for...maybe another hour or so.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
How cool would it be to have Hunter Pence?

THIS AND THAT!

I wish Chet, but Hunter is the face of Houston, for better or worse. You need a John Danks/Dayan Viciedo type trade to get him. And we know that won't happen.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Wonder what the true story is.... Clearing roster space at Charlotte? Clearing space on the 40 man? Maybe Harrell said something to his Mgr that got him in trouble?

Harrel was in the doghouse since last year. I remember a poster on another board I go to saying something he did or some attitude problem or whatever

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Harrel was in the doghouse since last year. I remember a poster on another board I go to saying something he did or some attitude problem or whatever

He was probably in the doghouse because he isn't a major league talent.