Kenny Hollywood Say Something

Marty34

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
FWIW,

Peter Gammons was on a Boston radio show this morning and said he expects Ozzie to be fired during the ASB. He said he may be managing the Marlins in a week and also mentioned KW knows his ass is on the line as well.

If that is true, and Peter is one of the best, then FINALLY some accountability will be at 35th and Shields then. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
I never had a problem with the Peavy trade and still dont.

Ditto Baron, although for me, trading Clayton Richard hurt. He was getting hot in his last couple of games as a Sox before the trade. I wished he would have stayed. You don't get 92-94 FB throwing lefties on trees.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
Off topic somewhat, but that Gammons expects Guillen to be fired at the break and there to be nary a word from a Sox beat writer is yet another example of how bad the Sox beat writers are.

Right, would you expect Joe Cowley to kick his gravytrain? He is probably in his moms basement praying that he doesn't get fired.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
I wonder if they wouldn't turn the reigns over to Buddy Bell as an interim manager. And no, I'm not saying that is necessarily what I would do, but he's about the only in-house guy with the experience to be manager. Especially since I don't think Cora will really represent much of a change. I'm probably being overly harsh on Cora but thats just the way I see it. He could ultimately be a lot different than Ozz. In fact, I'm sure he is, but since they are such close friends its hard for any of us to see them as being "different".

I hope not Bell. We need someone down there fixing the minors. Leave him be.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
I'll gladly eat crow, but I don't think Reinsdorf would do anything with Kenny or Ozzie until the season is over.

Ozzie isn't going anywhere now unless there's something behind the scenes that isn't out that cannot be reconciled.

With Ozzie and his sons, nothing would be "behind the scenes".

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
I find anyone's credibility that works for ESPN to be zilch, nada. Even Gammon. They are a 24 hour network so they have to create news. It's worse during the NFL season.

Gammons has serious credibility and is well respected in any sport as a writer and reporter. There's a reason why he made the writer's HOF. He's with MLBtv and they paid him a pretty penny because of it. He's like the Adam Schefter of the MLB.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
Ozzie being fired would be the most exciting Sox thing for me since the WS. No exaggeration.

Ditto. The similarities with Ditka's reign with the Bears is eerily similar. Maybe he'll trade away half of his prospects in Florida for someone like Pierre, like Ditka did with Ricky in N.O.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)
VERY smart baseball minded man.....

oh the excitement for ozzie to be fired like thats going to change things lol and for brenly? yea ,theres a long line of clubs trying to hire him right now...lol

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)
I find anyone's credibility that works for ESPN to be zilch, nada. Even Gammon. They are a 24 hour network so they have to create news. It's worse during the NFL season.

ESPN's policy is that you must have two sources on any piece of information before they'll report it.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
Gammons has serious credibility and is well respected in any sport as a writer and reporter. There's a reason why he made the writer's HOF. He's with MLBtv and they paid him a pretty penny because of it. He's like the Adam Schefter of the MLB.

You just don't know if he has actual information or its just his opinion. You would think something would have to happen somewhere with this organization. They have wasted a lot of time being "patient".

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
Um, hello? Perhaps you didn't hear, but Dunn and Rios have talked and they're going to be carrying the load in the 2nd half. So I wouldn't go around questioning him like that.

I love the way Dunn said "second half." It's like everybody is just writing off the Minnesota series as 4 more losses, then we'll get to business the second half.

These losses add up. It's going to be very tough to go from fourth to first the second half.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
But I still will point to KW being the biggest culprit in the organization.

When you get guys like Rios and rented Manny, I think it tells other players there are few consequences. After awhile he has to believe what other organizations believe about players instead of Coop fixing them temporarily. No more million dollar arms with the ten cent brain.

As for Ozzie, the rest of the baseball world sees him as a better manager than the fans. He has a NL philosophy while Kenny still has the steroid era AL philosophy. Ozzie's philosophy will not work with the current players. I think he really wants out of this organization and stays because of Reinsdorf.

As for Walker I don't know much blame he should take. The Sox have some of the worst plate discipline. We see this even with guys brought up from the farm. So how much can you blame Walker vs. the rest of the organization?

If you look at players brought up thru the system like Brain Anderson, Josh Fields, to name a few, it says your scouting and development needs to do a much better job. The farm system has gotten worse under Kenny and trades since 2007 are terrible. He's got to go.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
I love the way Dunn said "second half." It's like everybody is just writing off the Minnesota series as 4 more losses, then we'll get to business the second half.

These losses add up. It's going to be very tough to go from fourth to first the second half.

Exactly. If its so easy to turn it on, why not turn it on immediately?