The official "end of Ozzie soon?" thread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
explain

I've already done it several times. The White Sox would have to return season ticket money to thousands of fans if they made this move. You can't sell an Ozzie plan and than not deliver Ozzie to those who purchase it. It's an obvious case of "bait and switch" and the FTC frowns on it big time.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
I've already done it several times. The White Sox would have to return season ticket money to thousands of fans if they made this move. You can't sell an Ozzie plan and than not deliver Ozzie to those who purchase it. It's an obvious case of "bait and switch" and the FTC frowns on it big time.

So you mean you weren't joking the first several times you posted this??? Ozzie wears number 13. So they named the thirteen game package the "Ozzie Plan". People paid for thirteen games. They get thirteen games. No bait and switch involved.

That said, you really are kidding around, right???

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
So you mean you weren't joking the first several times you posted this??? Ozzie wears number 13. So they named the thirteen game package the "Ozzie Plan". People paid for thirteen games. They get thirteen games. No bait and switch involved.

He's not

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 04:35 PM)

I thought he was kidding to

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)

Than it should have been called the 13 plan....but it wasn't. You can't sell one thing and deliver another. Just as McDonald's can't sell you a chicken sandwich and than give you a bun with a hamburger in the middle.....the White Sox can't sell you an Ozzie plan and than deliver Gene Lamont.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Than it should have been called the 13 plan....but it wasn't. You can't sell one thing and deliver another. Just as McDonald's can't sell you a chicken sandwich and than give you a bun with a hamburger in the middle.....the White Sox can't sell you an Ozzie plan and than deliver Gene Lamont.

Sure they can.

Imo theres no risk about the Ozzie plan.

Its like arguing that if I bought season tickets in 2005 thinking that Id get to see Aaron Rowand and then they traded him. A bait and switch would mean that they sold you tickets saying they were for a MLB game and it was really for a minor league game.

In fact that may be a better lawsuit (j/k obviously)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Imo theres no risk about the Ozzie plan.

Its like arguing that if I bought season tickets in 2005 thinking that Id get to see Aaron Rowand and then they traded him. A bait and switch would mean that they sold you tickets saying they were for a MLB game and it was really for a minor league game.

In fact that may be a better lawsuit (j/k obviously)

If the White Sox had sold an Aaron Rowand plan after the 2005 season, that analogy would make sense. However, that was never something marketed by the White Sox. Selling an Ozzie plan and not delivering Ozzie would be similar to a concert promoter selling tickets to a Metallica show and than delivering the Bullet Boys once the house is filled. If that was acceptable, every promoter would do as it would certainly help them sell tickets.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 11:14 PM)
Just put Viceido in as manager and then he can make de focking lineups.

:lolhitting

That's funny right there now

But, I think you wil see some players leaving before Ozzie Guillen and that's the way it should be

Lol @ your insane premise.

No because the White Sox never sold tickets exclusively for Ozzie, nor do they sell them for any other player. The correct analogy would be if you sold tickets for Metallica and they had a different drummer because Lars hurt his arm the day before.

Its still Metallica, just like its still the White Sox with or without Ozzie. I think you are way off here. Every player is marketed by the White Sox, if they are in a commercial etc, it would create the same expectation.

Here is why it cant be your way, if Ozzie is suspended by MLB and I had tickets under the "Ozzie Plan" would I get my tickets reimbursed because Ozzie wasnt there? The answer would (imo) be no. Because I still got the Sox game, which is what I purchased.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 08:03 AM)
@Buster_ESPN

Buster Olney

Lots of rumors swirling about managerial change with the White Sox, but high-ranking source says change with Ozzie not being considered.

10 hours ago via web

Given their reluctance to make any changes to the team this season, I still think this is the most realistic outcome.

If no changes are made during the break. I don't care to watch the Sox the rest of the season.... No point. If they don't give a s***, why should I?

Maybe I can save $30 a month on mlb.tv...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
If no changes are made during the break. I don't care to watch the Sox the rest of the season.... No point. If they don't give a s***, why should I?

Maybe I can save $30 a month on mlb.tv...

I guess, given that they have played the same bad offense day after day, when they've had the option of promoting Viceido now for weeks and haven't, they are either true believers in what they have, or just going to go down with the ship they have constructed. I get it's not realistic to overhaul your team, a team you thought would be a contender, in July, but we've seen nothing, but cotinued patience and that's resulted in Dunn batting 3rd/4th in the lineup with no results and hitting .170ish overall, Pierre being mediocre at the top of the lineup until recently, Rios looking disinterested, and so on. It's become a tired act, but one that they have decided to play on a continuous loop. I'm just not expecting much to change because it hasn't.

Hahaha, wow.

Question for those who bought the Minnie plan in the past; did Minnie Minoso come to your seat and say hi each game or did they cop out with a video message on the scoreboard? Perhaps he put on a little performance between innings?