• Cooper fired (lulz)
    • Someone resigns
    • Nothing happens
    • Unicorns appear on the south side, fart glitter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the whole lot of them gone. Kenny, Ozzie and the whole coaching staff. But do I think there will be any change? Sadly, no.

I kinda think there's a better chance that unicorns appear on the Southside than there's any White Sox organizational change.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
Nothing will happen. They're in a horrible division and only 5 games out.

That means nothing. They can't beat anybody in their own division.

I do think Oz will be fired over the break. I hope the whole staff is gone.

You just know Detroit will sweep us in the first series after the break in Detroit. s*** they just took 3-4 from KC without breaking a sweat in KC and the Royals kicked our ass 2 of 3 in the Cell.

The Sox are one of the worse teams in the American League. They have many many holes and are not contenders right now. No way.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
The more things change the more things stay the same. So nothing will change, but in response we will be better or worse in the second half. Because if things changed they'd stay the same, you see.

I don't know what the f*** you just said.

I don't think there will be management changes of any sort. Everyone involved with the Sox right down to the bugs in the field (actually, are there bugs in pro-ball fields?) would and have proclaimed that the team is under-performing and is capable of much more than the record shows.

There were a few times I was baffled with Ozzie's management of the pen. Ohman coming in to face righties, Santos in extended save/non-save situations.

Pierre was in a pretty awful funk and probably could have used some time off during that stretch, he's hitting again and he's had strong post ASB showings before.

Rios. He's been a terrible human being all year. Thanks, Lilliflower, for the Chris Shelton-esque performance you gave there for a while, but you are what you are- not an everyday player. A pinch runner. How is Lastings Milledge doing, btw? De Aza?

Dunn had an awful stretch and he's shown signs of breaking out. Even if he does, there is a good chance he'll end up with a down season for power numbers and a career high K total just because he does that on a regular basis anyway, and he's already racked up quite a few of them, even if he remembers himself all of a sudden. I don't blame Williams for signing him, and people who call for KW's head based on this signing are lying to themselves. It just hasn't worked out yet for reasons no one foresaw.

The most interesting thing Sox-wise during this ASB and until the deadline is whether the Sox make a move or not. I really can't see Viciedo left in AAA for too much longer while the rest of the division sucks, and more importantly, the Sox have stayed in it despite pretty much 0 contribution from Dunn/Rios. That's a f***ing tough situation to be in if you're management. A fresh signing who is struggling, and an albatross contract who is f***ed in the head but has been a solid ballplayer in the past are blocking someone who has potential but is a question mark.

FWIW, Ozzie's staying in town for "Ozzie Camp/s" Monday and Tuesday with the Bulls/Sox Academy....$225 a pop, for his priceless instruction on how to play as listlessly and apathetically as any White Sox team in recent memory.

2007 was actually more fun than this season...because there was also a sense that something had to and would change eventually. Plus, there was Fields, Owens with one really good game, Andy Gonzalez at least trying harder than Rios and Ehren Wasserman's fluke season out of the bullpen.

“If we don’t play better, if we don’t start getting it together, I have a hard time believing that we’ll win the division,” first baseman Paul Konerko said. “I don’t care what other teams do. This doesn’t look like a division-winning team right now. That doesn’t mean it can’t change, but that’s something that doesn’t matter.”

That's Paulie's take.

So good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
That's Paulie's take.

So good.

Are you being sarcastic?

“If we don’t play better, if we don’t start getting it together, I have a hard time believing that we’ll win the division,”

Might be one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Really? You think winning the division is out of the picture if your team doesn't play better than it already has? How profound.

Edited by BigSqwert