• Dave Martinez
    • Terry Francona
    • Bobby Valentine
    • Ryne Sandberg
    • Joe McEwing
    • Cito Gaston
    • Don Cooper
    • Harold Baines (lol)
    • Other (specify, and it can't be Ozzie)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Looks like we might have to wait at least one more week if Martinez is the guy. Tito should be available now.

I'd rather have the guy who shows he wants to prove something, Francona could very well be the same old s***.

I want a new manager to groom a youth-led core of players, very similar situation to what Martinez and Maddon have in TB.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
I'd rather have the guy who shows he wants to prove something, Francona could very well be the same old s***.

I want a new manager to groom a youth-led core of players, very similar situation to what Martinez and Maddon have in TB.

I'd love to have this organization mimic everything the Rays do. That is how you build an organization. They're basically the modern day Moneyball A's, but better.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
Scott Merkin

The last time a Florida team rallied from this far back to reach the playoffs, one of their coaches ended up managing the White Sox ~

27 minutes ago via web

You gotta wait it out, KW.

Patience Kenny, patience.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
Manager: Dave Martinez

Bench Coach: Sandy Alomar Jr.

1st Base: Harold Baines

3rd Base: Frank Thomas/Robin Ventura (either one works)

Pitching Coach: Don Cooper

Hitting Coach: Tim Laker

I know this is just want you want, but Alomar has no reason to come here to be the bench coach when he already has that job locked up in Cleveland.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
Manager: Dave Martinez

Bench Coach: Sandy Alomar Jr.

1st Base: Harold Baines

3rd Base: Frank Thomas/Robin Ventura (either one works)

Pitching Coach: Don Cooper

Hitting Coach: Tim Laker

Yes to all but I doubt Sandy would leave his bench coach job in Cleveland to bench coach here.

Laker was the name I forgot, he should def. be given a shot.

Herm should be tendered a lifetime contract.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:58 PM)
I know this is just want you want, but Alomar has no reason to come here to be the bench coach when he already has that job locked up in Cleveland.

I know, I'd see Omar or Robin being the bench coach before Sandy in that case.

QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
Yes to all but I doubt Sandy would leave his bench coach job in Cleveland to bench coach here.

Laker was the name I forgot, he should def. be given a shot.

Herm should be tendered a lifetime contract.

Assumed.

What I really don't want to happen now, is Kenny jumps the gun and hires Francona if he's fired, and the BoSox nab Martinez...

Wait Kenny, wait. I don't know why but I just feel like Martinez is the guy he wants. It makes too much sense.

Do you really believe they're going to spend $4-5 million per season on Francona?

This whole "All In" thing has become a thing of the past SEEMINGLY this week, and the likes of Francona or LaRussa would have zero interest in a complete rebuild...basically the same thing Lou Piniella went through in Tampa before he finally walked away from it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:36 AM)
Do you really believe they're going to spend $4-5 million per season on Francona?

This whole "All In" thing has become a thing of the past SEEMINGLY this week, and the likes of Francona or LaRussa would have zero interest in a complete rebuild...basically the same thing Lou Piniella went through in Tampa before he finally walked away from it.

Yeah I doubt Francona would come here. I'd rather spend the money he will make on a player and have Martinez or Alomar here.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:59 AM)
Francona.

It'd be asinine to not take the best available guy.

Sox are too cheap to hire him???

Then the fans should not pay the outrageous parking prices and ticket prices AND BOYCOTT THE f***ING TEAM!

We can get Francona. Get him!

The only thing anyone talks about here is how this team always falls on its face late in the season, so naturally we should sign a manager that just had one of the worst fails in baseball history..

What exactly have the Red Sox done since their last World Series? The exact same as we have pretty much..

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:04 AM)
The only thing anyone talks about here is how this team always falls on its face late in the season, so naturally we should sign a manager that just had one of the worst fails in baseball history..

What exactly have the Red Sox done since their last World Series? The exact same as we have pretty much..

He's a proven manager.

s*** happens.

Why do people think Martinez is so great? Oh I know why. He's the unknown again. The sexy unknown. He's never been a manager so we want him as the sexy choice.

Just because things fall apart doesn't mean Francona isn't a baseball god!

He's experienced and should be our next manager IMO. If Sox are too cheap that's just crap. Have fun drinking your $10 beers next season at the Cell and paying a ransom for parking as we rebuild with a rookie manager.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:04 AM)

Oh right, exactly... :unsure:

Honestly, people need to stop equating talented Managers and FO executives with winning a title in the previous three years. That basically means there are only about 10 people in the entire industry that have a clue what they're doing...

And if that were the case, do you really think their current employers would ever let them go?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 02:06 AM)
He's a proven manager.

s*** happens.

Why do people think Martinez is so great? Oh I know why. He's the unknown again. The sexy unknown. He's never been a manager so we want him as the sexy choice.

Just because things fall apart doesn't mean Francona isn't a baseball god!

He's experienced and should be our next manager IMO. If Sox are too cheap that's just crap. Have fun drinking your $10 beers next season at the Cell and paying a ransom for parking as we rebuild with a rookie manager.

There would be a very shallow pool of coaches in professional sports if people were never given an opportunity to become a great coach..