• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/...-out-3-4-weeks/

Corey Hart will undergo knee surgery, likely out 3-4 weeks

Drew Silva

Mar 4, 2012, 4:39 PM EST

The Brewers revealed Sunday that outfielder Corey Hart needs arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and could miss the start of the regular season.

This according to beat writer Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (via Twitter).

Hart will be in recovery mode from the minor procedure for 3-4 weeks, meaning he is likely to miss the entire Cactus League schedule. Without sufficient warm-up at-bats, the Brewers will probably place him on the 15-day disabled list before Opening Day and leave him behind at their spring training complex in Phoenix, Arizona to get tuned up. He shouldn’t be sidelined beyond mid-April.

Hart, 29, batted .285/.356/.510 with 26 home runs and 63 RBI in 130 games last season for Milwaukee.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/...or-opening-day/

Daric Barton gets cortisone shot in shoulder, unlikely to be ready for Opening Day

Aaron Gleeman

Oakland’s first base/corner outfield/designated hitter logjam won’t include Manny Ramirez for at least 50 games and may also be lessened by Daric Barton‘s shoulder problems.

Barton, who underwent surgery to repair a partially torn labrum in September, received a second cortisone injection this morning and will be shut down for at least a few days.

Jane Lee of MLB.com speculates that his odds of beginning the season on the active roster are now pretty long and Barton was bad enough last season that he was in a fight for his job anyway.

Brandon Allen had a seven-RBI game yesterday and looks like the favorite to be the Opening Day first baseman in Oakland.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
most long term deals are insured.

The bigger deals are usually insured for only half. The insurance companies will not take on that much risk. The premiums that the team must pay sometimes outweigh the benefits as well. This is part of the cost of contracts that people sometimes ignore, the bigger the deal the bigger the premium. It's an added cost to the contract. This deal isn't a huge one so it's on the borderline as to how much of it is insured.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 05:16 AM)
Red Sox fans ready to burn John Henry at the stake...

http://thefanhub.com/posts/detail/312411/R...ed-by-Liverpool

Thats a weird article, I dont really consider what the Bulls are doing when I am looking at what the Sox are doing. They are totally seperate entities in my mind even though both are owned by Reinsdorf and in Chicago. If it was a foreign soccer team he owned, I wouldnt think about it at all.

If you want to get mad at Henry for the Red Sox offseason, have at it. But it really has nothing to do with a racist soccer player or Liverpool getting a new stadium

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Thats a weird article, I dont really consider what the Bulls are doing when I am looking at what the Sox are doing. They are totally seperate entities in my mind even though both are owned by Reinsdorf and in Chicago. If it was a foreign soccer team he owned, I wouldnt think about it at all.

If you want to get mad at Henry for the Red Sox offseason, have at it. But it really has nothing to do with a racist soccer player or Liverpool getting a new stadium

What if JR owned, intead of the Bulls, say the Miami Heat? Do you really think Sox fans would have been OK with the fact the Heat paid so heavily and then Sox had their 2011 season?

QUOTE (YASNY @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
What if JR owned, intead of the Bulls, say the Miami Heat? Do you really think Sox fans would have been OK with the fact the Heat paid so heavily and then Sox had their 2011 season?

To me it doesn't matter. During the Bulls title run, the Sox went from WS contenders in 94 to also rans and it didn't make a difference to me that MJ was making more money than god and they built the UC while the Cell was just a big empty ugly stadium.

It could be just me though :D

I think Red Sox fans are just mad as hell, spoiled, and they're using Henry's out of touchness "otherness" or European side to criticize him.

His coming down hard on Francona and the likes of Carlos Crawford made him no friends, some of the interviews he gave after they collapsed were bordering on the bizarre or Twilight Zone stuff.

JR knows better than to justify himself to the fans like Henry was trying to do, especially trying to equate his business success to any type of baseball expertise in a Daniel Snyderish, meddling type of way.

There's just no sympathy for guys like Henry or Tom Hicks these days...those dreaded 1%er's, haha.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
It's so amazing on the ps3.

Yes, last year during the free preview I tried it out and loved it. So I decided that it's well worth the 125 dollar price tag this year.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20..._tb&c_id=tb

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. -- David Price had to leave Thursday's game against the Tigers an inning early due to a "towel" injury that left him with a stiff neck, which he doesn't believe to be serious.

The Rays left-hander went to the bench after finishing his second inning of work and began to dry off with a towel when the freakish incident occurred.

"I was just drying my head off in between innings after the second inning," said Price, holding his head especially still. "It's happened to me two times before, the towel kind of catches the back of my head and it pulls my neck forward and I just felt it a little bit in the back of my neck. I just want to be cautious with it."

Price described what occurred as having a spasm in his neck.

"Just a little pop then it spasms up, gets pretty tight, but I'll be all right," Price said. "Just being cautious right now."

Price had been scheduled to throw three innings in his second start of the spring, but he cut his outing short to receive treatment.

"I just got done doing a lot of treatment," Price said. "It's OK. The last [neck spasm] I had lasted two or three days."

Price has had other bouts with neck stiffness in the past.

"One time was a year ago, and [it took] four days [to get better]," Price said. "And one time was in September last year and I pitched with it in September last year. So it's all right."

Bob Nightengale ‏ @BNightengale

Jeff Moorad withdraws application to being controlling partner of #Padres, meaning that John Moores will own team for forseeable future #MLB

The handwriting was on the wall for Moorad's withdrawl when the #MLB owners refused to vote on his controlling interest at last meeting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
John Shea ‏ @JohnSheaHey

BREAKING NEWS: #Athletics OF Jason Pridie suspended 50 games, violating minor-league drug program. Agent Matt Sosnick not returning calls.

coughmannycough

I feel so bad for the Rays. Such a well run organization with great players but the WORST stadium in baseball. Oakland is bad too, but at least it's outdoors and they seem closer to getting a new one than the Rays.

The Rays need to move to Orlando and get that Pirate Ship stadium idea going again...

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
I feel so bad for the Rays. Such a well run organization with great players but the WORST stadium in baseball. Oakland is bad too, but at least it's outdoors and they seem closer to getting a new one than the Rays.

The Rays need to move to Orlando and get that Pirate Ship stadium idea going again...

Having a pirate ship in Orlando is like canoeing in a sand pit.