2012 Cubs thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
Did he actually have a deal about done with someone? I got the impression that it could be a standard July deal for him.

If that's the case, this woulnd't be a bad thing, give him some extra rest before he's traded.

There was a lot of hubbub that he would be gone by Thursday. A lot.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 04:03 PM)
Did he actually have a deal about done with someone? I got the impression that it could be a standard July deal for him.

If that's the case, this woulnd't be a bad thing, give him some extra rest before he's traded.

i was watching the rundown and they were saying it was going to take a bit longer to move dempster because teams are waiting to see if the brewers will move grenkie, if the phillies will move hamels and because of the jays/guthrie talks

Sounds like the Cubs will finally promote Babe Ruth, Jr. tomorrow. They would call him up today, but they want to protect Johan Santana from facing such a monster.

Meanwhile, Andrew Cashner is being converted from a reliever to a starter. 3 solid starts in AA so far.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:00 AM)
Sounds like the Cubs will finally promote Babe Ruth, Jr. tomorrow. They would call him up today, but they want to protect Johan Santana from facing such a monster.

Meanwhile, Andrew Cashner is being converted from a reliever to a starter. 3 solid starts in AA so far.

I though you meant Mr. Jackson at first.

He'll be the next Matt LaPorta/Chris Shelton in the big leagues.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Rizzo is being made out to be the second coming. Every scouting report I read about the guy said he has a chance to be Adam LaRoche. Not a bad player, but not a top breaking news story that he's being called up.

Thats because he has been the top prospect for both the cubs and red sox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
Thats because he has been the top prospect for both the cubs and red sox

And Theo's spects are always the best, right?

Guy's got the PR thing down cold, but he's been about as good as KW since 07.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
Rizzo's swing looks really good tonight. Still can't believe they got him for Cashner.

Cashner starts for the first time Thursday since stretching his arm out in the minors for a few weeks. He probably needs 25 strikeouts to match up to Rizzo.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Not sure if people saw it, but how was Rizzo given a double on his RBI hit last night? First, the CF falls down and lets it get away. Then, he throws the ball to 3rd to try and get the runner while Rizzo goes into second.

Hometown official scorer wants to give Babe Ruth Jr. some more confidence, duh.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:03 PM)
Hometown official scorer wants to give Babe Ruth Jr. some more confidence, duh.

Same thing happened on his 1st at-bat. It was hit hard, but I think the SS could have snatched it. Hometown scorer rules it a hit, not an error