Danks and Floyd drawing interest

southsider2k5

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
With Sale going in as a starter that guarantees the Sox must have 6 starters for the year. Sale has never pitched more more than 120 innings in a season and that took place 2 years ago. This year he pitched 71 innings. At most, Sale should pitch between 120-150 innings for next year. Anything more than that is a guarantee arm/shoulder injury waiting to happen. Oh-I forgot we need 7 starters-we still have Peavy.

If we want to compete, Zach Stewart should be the 6th starter and should start the year at AAA. If we trade off more starters, then I dunno.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
The way you do a quick rebuild is by dealing a player with value. Santos has value.

This isn't fantasy baseball. Trading a player immediately after signing an extension would be bad business. It would definitely have an impact our ability to extend guys in the future.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
This isn't fantasy baseball. Trading a player immediately after signing an extension would be bad business. It would definitely have an impact our ability to extend guys in the future.

Trading a player a second time (Gio Gonzalez) after promising he wasn't going anywhere isn't good for business, either. Good god damn KW sucks. I'd rather have marty be the GM sometimes.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 15, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
That goes both ways. Yes, the price tag for closers is gross. Making Santos, possibly, a lot more attractive. Look, we're not talking Craig Kimbrel here. Santos is definitely not untouchable.

Addison Reed is the future closer of this team anyway. But Santos is an arb guy so it doesn't hurt to keep him for a while unless some team(s) offers a solid prospect(s) for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 08:23 AM)
KenDavidoff Ken Davidoff

The #Yankees like the #WhiteSox's John Danks, but aren't sure there's a fit for a trade. #Yankees will keep Banuelos, Betances.

Well yeah, if the Yankees will not give up Betances or Banuelos than there is not fit probably. I would take Nova + others for Danks but they probably would not give up Nova either. What are the board's thoughts on potential Yankee hauls for Danks?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 06:11 AM)
Addison Reed is the future closer of this team anyway. But Santos is an arb guy so it doesn't hurt to keep him for a while unless some team(s) offers a solid prospect(s) for him.

I love Addison Reed as much as the next guy but as long as Santos is here, I don't see any reason that he'd lose the closers spot. I guess we shall see.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
Well yeah, if the Yankees will not give up Betances or Banuelos than there is not fit probably. I would take Nova + others for Danks but they probably would not give up Nova either. What are the board's thoughts on potential Yankee hauls for Danks?

It's really tough to guage Danks value coming off a subpar year with only 1 year before free agency. One of the Yankees pitchers I liked was Hector Noesi. Right-hander, low 90's, has the look of a middle of the rotation starter. Get the Red Sox involved and Danks value goes up to the Yankees.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
It's really tough to guage Danks value coming off a subpar year with only 1 year before free agency. One of the Yankees pitchers I liked was Hector Noesi. Right-hander, low 90's, has the look of a middle of the rotation starter. Get the Red Sox involved and Danks value goes up to the Yankees.

I like the idea of playing the Sox and Yanks off each other; I guess it'd be foolish not to!

Does anybody really see us starting 3 lefties next year anyway?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)

Nova is the biggest regression candidate of 2011. His peripherals are bad, all his value is tied up in Wins. I don't want Nova except as a throw-in.

Noesi, now, would be alright.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 06:11 AM)

You can't have too many good relievers, we really need to stop thinking about RPs in terms of Closer/Setup/etc., ESPECIALLY because of how ridiculously volatile their performances are from year to year. Very few RPs stay good for more than a couple years.

if kenny thinks we can compete next year, would a Danks/Rios for Michael Young deal make sense to anyone other than me? Would Texas even take that? Would you even want that? Am I too drunk to be posting?? i mean really 1. De Aza 2. Young 3. PK 4. Dunn 5.CQ 6.Tank 7.AJP 8. Lexi 9. how about a beckham vs. morel spring training showdown...beckham wins young plays 3rd, morel wins young plays 2nd. loser takes over Omars job....If Dunn turns it around thats one helluva lineup

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
if kenny thinks we can compete next year, would a Danks/Rios for Michael Young deal make sense to anyone other than me? Would Texas even take that? Would you even want that? Am I too drunk to be posting?? i mean really 1. De Aza 2. Young 3. PK 4. Dunn 5.CQ 6.Tank 7.AJP 8. Lexi 9. how about a beckham vs. morel spring training showdown...beckham wins young plays 3rd, morel wins young plays 2nd. loser takes over Omars job....If Dunn turns it around thats one helluva lineup

I can't see the Rangers trading Michael Young right now. He has Mark Buehrle status down there.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:50 AM)
I read the Tribune story where it said that KW was trying to retool an underachieving team. OK, I'll buy into that, but then all the trade talk involves trading the achievers and keeping the underachievers. I am sorry but now I am lost.

No one is going to trade for Dunn, Rios, and Peavy right now.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
That's why we will be underachievers again, but retooling - again. You don't know if someone will take them until you try

The best way to get someone to take them is to have them come out next year and get off to good starts.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
That's why we will be underachievers again, but retooling - again. You don't know if someone will take them until you try

You have to be at least a middle-aged man. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how you still can't get how this works. You're not a pre-teen playing Xbox. In real life, teams don't take Adam Dunn after batting .159 for an entire season with three years and $42 million remaining on his contract just because you turn off the intelligent trade option. I seriously don't get how you constantly say things as simple (not as in "easy to understand", but rather "moronic") as this.

Edited by Milkman delivers