Sox Winter Meetings thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'd love to see some pieces get moved this week, I'm not going to flip out if nothing happens. Intuitively, I think it may make a lot of sense to let the big free agents sign before pulling the trigger on a trade, ESPECIALLY because we have pitchers to deal and the list of suitors for SPs is much larger than the pool of talent available on the market.

Now, the Quentin market, I think, is smaller so it may make sense to dump him before guys like Willingham sign. But that's just my speculation.

While I'd love to see some pieces get moved this week, I'm not going to flip out if nothing happens. Intuitively, I think it may make a lot of sense to let the big free agents sign before pulling the trigger on a trade, ESPECIALLY because we have pitchers to deal and the list of suitors for SPs is much larger than the pool of talent available on the market.

Now, the Quentin market, I think, is smaller so it may make sense to dump him before guys like Willingham sign. But that's just my speculation.

I heard that Willingham will be signing with Tampa Bay

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
Speculation as to who they would be discussing?

Homer Bailey maybe? You remember Dye almost went there a couple years ago. Once the Sox like a guy, they stick with it until they get him, even if they're near retirement.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
It has been reported that the Reds are apparently willing to shop almost anyone.

I wonder if they would be willing to part with either catcher, Devin Mesoraco or Grandal.

Meso is going nowhere. Top 10 - 15 MLB prospect who is major league ready. Grandal maybe. I'm a huge fan of Yasmani.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Yonder Alonso. Yes, please.

I like Alonso, but we are in for some circus like corner OF defense next season and beyond. De Aza or Rios will have much work to do going to both sides.

Edited by DirtySox