2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:42 AM)
I'm this close to losing hope with the Bulls this season and calling them a first round knockout.

Think of it, if you're playing the Bulls in the first round, the formula is pretty simple. 2 hard hits in game 1 on Derrick Rose and he misses the next 3 games. Then, you start swatting at Deng's wrist.

I doubt that happens, but if it does it will greatly emphasize the need to get another superstar to play next to Rose.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have reached a down point of Derrick Rose's career.

Suffering countless injuries game after game

"Players are taking cheap shots against him"

Media and the die hard fans are turning against him for complaining about calls

Fans and people in this forum are upset with his recent poor play

And he has really played below the expectation for the first time in his career.

I just want the playoffs to come right now so Rose can focus and put all these behind him.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
I think we have reached a down point of Derrick Rose's career.

rough season

Suffering countless injuries game after game

My only gripe, dude is 23, he shouldn't be having so many old man injuries already. The Bulls very well might be babying him because best record

"Players are taking cheap shots against him"

Sadly, superstars need to point these things out to take the next step.

Media and the die hard fans are turning against him for complaining about calls

I don't think people care about the complaining. He needs to play.

Fans and people in this forum are upset with his recent poor play

Again. No they aren't. Any person with half a brain can understand that if Rose has an off game it might be because he plays once a month.

We can blame the NBA's moronic schedule for this. Basketball is a hard-ass game, and playing back-to-back-to-back games and four games in 5 days, and having 5 game weeks is just insane. The quality of the game on the court this year is a downright disaster.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 08:56 AM)
I don't think people care about the complaining. He needs to play.

Go read up articles on ESPN. Analysts basically told him to stop crying, and fans are bashing him like never before. Even the "self proclaim" D Rose fans are tired of his complaining.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

I dont care if he complains. Brandon Roy once said that when he came into the league he was humble and quiet on the court and never got a call, once he started complaining about everything he started getting the calls. If that is what Rose needs to do, so be it. Rose DOES get hit a lot, and very little gets called on him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:06 AM)
I dont care if he complains. Brandon Roy once said that when he came into the league he was humble and quiet on the court and never got a call, once he started complaining about everything he started getting the calls. If that is what Rose needs to do, so be it. Rose DOES get hit a lot, and very little gets called on him.

I agree.

How much did Michael complain? Kobe?

The key is in the way you do it...

There is complaining, and there is over exaggerating. Some of his complaints are the most well worded. Comments like "I got to be the only superstar in the league to not get any calls" aren't going to win him any media or fan support.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
Go read up articles on ESPN. Analysts basically told him to stop crying, and fans are bashing him like never before. Even the "self proclaim" D Rose fans are tired of his complaining.

These two words should not be used together.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
These two words should not be used together.

I find some analysts like Adande and Wilbon to be insightful. I used to hate Hollinger's guts, but I hate him less now that he stops bashing about the Bulls. Rich Bucher is a big fan of the Bulls, but his knowledge is lacking. Skip Bayless is still resident troll like always.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)

I'm a self-proclaimed D-Rose fan. He can complain about the contact all he wants. That's how it works in this league.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:13 AM)
There is complaining, and there is over exaggerating. Some of his complaints are the most well worded. Comments like "I got to be the only superstar in the league to not get any calls" aren't going to win him any media or fan support.

DWade and Bron are masters of ref b****ing and guess what, they go to the FT line a lot.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 07:42 AM)
I'm this close to losing hope with the Bulls this season and calling them a first round knockout.

Think of it, if you're playing the Bulls in the first round, the formula is pretty simple. 2 hard hits in game 1 on Derrick Rose and he misses the next 3 games. Then, you start swatting at Deng's wrist.

Come on. This team plays to the level of competition from time to time. They've done it for the last couple of seasons. Add to that that the Bulls get a teams' best effort on a nightly basis and you're going to have a couple disappointing losses. This happened earlier this year with Golden State, and it happened again last night. It happens.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
Come on. This team plays to the level of competition from time to time. They've done it for the last couple of seasons. Add to that that the Bulls get a teams' best effort on a nightly basis and you're going to have a couple disappointing losses. This happened earlier this year with Golden State, and it happened again last night. It happens.

Really...no, this Chicago Bulls team does not play to the level of the competition. They have had the killer instinct for 2 years. That has been one thing Thibs has been great at.

But they can't do that if they don't have Rose and Deng at 100% or at least close to it, and Derrick Rose right now is a piece of glass. The Pacers are going to kill him if these 2 teams meet again.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
DWade and Bron are masters of ref b****ing and guess what, they go to the FT line a lot.

The difference is they get in the face of the refs after every non call until the refs give them a call. They never went out out to the media and claim to be the only person in the league not to get a call.

I am all for D Rose complaining more about calls, but there are proper ways to do it. And I am just pointing out that there are a lot more Anti Derrick Rose sentiment this season because of some of his comments to the media.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
Really...no, this Chicago Bulls team does not play to the level of the competition. They have had the killer instinct for 2 years. That has been one thing Thibs has been great at.

But they can't do that if they don't have Rose and Deng at 100% or at least close to it, and Derrick Rose right now is a piece of glass. The Pacers are going to kill him if these 2 teams meet again.

Go look back at the schedule. How many close games or inexplicable losses were there? Milwaukee, Toronto, New Jersey. Heck even the game against Charlotte was close. Injuries and playing on a back to back or even a back to back to back are good explanations. But sometimes they just don't come out with the energy they need and it ends up costing them when they can't turn it on in the second half. See: last night.

And i'm in no way saying this is a concerning trend. It's a s***ty compressed season with a historical (probably) number of injuries they've had to deal with. I'm saying the occasional bad game against a crappy team isn't cause of concern.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 17, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)
The difference is they get in the face of the refs after every non call until the refs give them a call. They never went out out to the media and claim to be the only person in the league not to get a call.

I am all for D Rose complaining more about calls, but there are proper ways to do it. And I am just pointing out that there are a lot more Anti Derrick Rose sentiment this season because of some of his comments to the media.

MJ was by most accounts a dick as a team mate and an arrogant a-hole, yet the media and people in general loved him. Rose is humble and down to earth and if some people are going to dislike him because of some quotes, who cares.

Sign and trade Asik, throw in Rip, Charlotte pick, pick up option on Brewer if need be to throw him in.

Draft Fab Melo/Festus Ezeli.

PG: Rose - Watson

SG: Iguodala - Korver

SF: Deng - Butler

PF: Boozer - Gibson

C : Noah - Melo/Ezeli

I can dream. No one would score on that lineup. Ever.

Neither Rose nor Deng participated in a shootaround today. Luckily the Bulls face the bobcats, who everyone is beating...but the Bobcats are also desperate for 1 win to avoid the worst ever record in NBA history.

Rose was not expected to participate in Wednesday's shootaround at Time Warner Cable Arena and will likely miss his 25th game of the season when the woeful Bobcats host the Bulls tonight. The same goes for forward Luol Deng, who injured his ribs in Sunday's win over the Pistons and remains "sore," according to coach Tom Thibodeau.

"It's not the actual bone it's the tendons around my ankle that has fluid on them," Rose said. "That fluid causes pain. Right now, I'm just waiting for the fluid to move around. We're trying to get it out as quick as possible. I should be all right."

Rose said he didn't remember injuring his ankle on a specific play against the Pistons but felt pain walking to the locker room afterwards. When he took off his shoe, his right ankle was throbbing, he said.

With five games remaining in the regular season, Rose was asked if he expected to be limited when the postseason begins.

"I'm not thinking that way," he said. "If you put things into the universe they come true. I'm just trying to stay focused, stay happy, stay positive, keeping my spirits up. Hopefully, I'll be healthy in the playoffs."

Link