Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 12:42 PM)
Alright so this questions coming completely from left field but I'm looking for a little help.

Is there anyone here that lives in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, namely near the Medinah Country Club that can help a fellow soxtalker out?

For anyone who has read the job hunt forum you will know that I may be working security for the Ryder Cup...welllll the problem with that is I live 49 miles away and with the long hours I'm sure to have there its just not possible for me to go back and forth everyday. Sooooo I was wondering if any kind person in that area would take me into their home for those 5 days, I'll even sleep in my car if I have to, I just need to use your bathroom to freshen up.

When looking at the even schedule for the Cup it looks like I'd be working 12+ hour days so I wont be around that much those 5 days.

I can offer you $100 for the week but thats about it, Id be very grateful if you allowed me to do this for free!!

Please shoot me a PM if you can help me out!

Have you checked into;

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

I don't know much about it, but it may be able to help you. I believe it's free.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
Lost my dog today of ten years. Surprising how sad that stuff can be.

Sorry to hear about that. I completely agree. We lost our dog very suddenly last year, and it's still hard because he was just awesome with the kids, etc.

Not sure if this garners a new thread or if it should be in the filibuster but whats this I've been hearing hearing about come country bombing us if we get involved in their business with another country?? Like I said in the filibuster, I woke up alarmingly early for me (630) and with the rest of soxtalk being dead (go watch that video I posted in the NBA thread if you have 20 min to kill, its hilarious and I feel like no one has watched it) I figured Id brush up on current events.

I'm usually all sports and comedy all day so I dont follow current events or politics.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
Not sure if this garners a new thread or if it should be in the filibuster but whats this I've been hearing hearing about come country bombing us if we get involved in their business with another country?? Like I said in the filibuster, I woke up alarmingly early for me (630) and with the rest of soxtalk being dead (go watch that video I posted in the NBA thread if you have 20 min to kill, its hilarious and I feel like no one has watched it) I figured Id brush up on current events.

I'm usually all sports and comedy all day so I dont follow current events or politics.

Iran pretty much said that if Israel attacks them they'll attack US bases.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 04:06 PM)
Is that likely to happen??

Kind of a silly question, of course it's not likely to happen even if Israel gets involved in their business. They know attacking a US base is only going to be bad news for the people currently in power, but it is still a threat and any threat to our country shouldn't be taken lightly.

Problem of the day: Readings for an exam I just took got sent to my spam box on Tuesday. They are literally the only readings I haven't done and I've probably done more then anyone else in that class, yet I am so, so f***ed right now.

f*** Detroit.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
About time to start shopping for a new vehicle. Anyone have an Altima or Camry?

Personally I love the new Fusion, looks amazing. I have a friend who got an Altima, seems to like it.

Also, love the Optima styling.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)

I have a 2002 Altima, very good car and still runs good. I finally saw the new one on the road, but to me it just looks too similar to a Camry now. I do however like a lot of the features they have put into the new model.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)

I'm also looking at new vehicles, but trying to keep it under or around $13,000.

I love the late Pontiacs and have been looking really hard at G8's and G6's. Almost had a 2010 G6 Sedan with 36K miles for $11,000, but shortly after I drove around in it, someone came through with a cashier's check for the amount. I was aware of the possibility, but figured I'd have more than an hour to get my finances in order.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2012 -> 04:01 PM)
For some reason I thought that was a picture of Steph McMahon and Triple H's baby.

Not that they are even having one, just what I somehow thought.

Nah, just Kyle McMahons baby ;)