2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant to be on the cover of NBA 2k13.

1340423541-media.jpg

It's nice that DRose will be on the cover...too bad he won't be healthy for the majority of the year.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Dawnguard, the first DLC for Skyrim is out on Xbox today.

Looks pretty awesome.

I haven't downloaded it yet but plan to in the near future. How near depends upon how much that extra $10 is worth to me.

It actually hasn't been getting great reviews (I've been seeing a lot of 8's), but I think that's because Elder Scrolls and Bethesda always set the bar so high that when it doesn't meet the gaudy expectations they've set for themselves, people are disappointed. I'm sure it's loads of fun and they even give you two paths to take too (replayability!11!!)

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
I know we have at least a few Assassin's Creed fans on here. This demo video blew me away. Usually the story trailers get me excited for AC games, but this time around it's definitely the gameplay.

Yeah this game looks awesome!

Steam is having their huge summer sale, in case anyone didn't know. Tons of games 50-80% off. Tons of games under $5.

I bought Toy Soldiers for $2.50, and Tropico 4 Bundle for $16. So I spent $18.50 to get $75 worth of games. Not bad. I suggest some of you PC gamers check it out, TONS of deals that are only daily.

My player mode as a pitcher is so damn fun! I just made my very first guy ever, in any of the mlb games, and I must say its been the most fun ive had playing a game in quite some time. I made it to the bigs after 12 starts in my 2nd year. Never gave up more than 3 runs in the minors, first game up I give up 3 straight singles, Beckham pulls PK off the bag and a run scores then I serve up a granny to Miguel Cabrera...shnit got intense.

Also, anyone know where my sig came?? Anyone wanna make me a better one...does steve wander this board??

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 12:09 PM)
Meh, oh well.

Well, off the top of my head, I think my line up in 2013 is.....

Gerardo Parra

Micheal Young

Joe Mauer

Adam Dunn

Paul Konerko

Dayan Viciedo

Alexei Ramirez

Nate Sheirholtz

Gordon Beckham

Chris Sale

John Danks

R.A. Dickey

?????

Nestor Molina

I can't remember who my 4th starter is. I only play with Sale, Dickey, and Molina. Pitching with Danks and the 4th starter bore me, and I want to try and get through multiple seasons, so i only play AWAY games as well.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
Well, off the top of my head, I think my line up in 2013 is.....

Gerardo Parra

Micheal Young

Joe Mauer

Adam Dunn

Paul Konerko

Dayan Viciedo

Alexei Ramirez

Nate Sheirholtz

Gordon Beckham

Chris Sale

John Danks

R.A. Dickey

?????

Nestor Molina

I can't remember who my 4th starter is. I only play with Sale, Dickey, and Molina. Pitching with Danks and the 4th starter bore me, and I want to try and get through multiple seasons, so i only play AWAY games as well.

You would trade for Gerardo Parra.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
You would trade for Gerardo Parra.

It's the first move I make every year I buy The Show! It's always Rios for Parra. I love OFers with big arms, and my OF of Viciedo, Parra, and Sheirholtz is just deadly. I throw runners out all over the diamond.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Why Mass Effect 2 is one of the greatest games ever made.

This reminded me how much I love ME2.

The story was ungodly great. I loved all those characters. Felt pain when Ashley turned her back on Horizon. None of my squad died, but I was terrified that they would.

All the characters became people.

Mordin: Silly, quirky doctor to deeply troubled man trying to atone for his actions.

Thane: Badass looking assassin to dying father trying to find his son.

Jacob: Standard soldier to a boy raised with no father and someone who becomes your teammate, not Cerberus's hired gun.

Grunt: Super-krogan to a newborn with no place to call his home.

Jack: Crazy murderer to abused child from birth.

Kasumi: Thief to someone who saw her lover die.

Legion: A Geth sent to copy Shepard, to a being that helped fight it's own kind because they were Reaper controlled.

Miranda: Hot b**** in charge to a person trying to live up to Daddy's demands of perfection and ended up saving her sister, who she never knew.

Samara: Space police to tortured mother.

Zaeed: Mercenary to...angry mercenary. Ok, not much for him.

But I was mad when Miranda, Thane, Jack, and Kasumi couldn't be squadmates in 3. The rest of the characters...it made sense.

But Miranda couldn't be there because Cerberus still existed...well, what better way to kill them then with Shepard. Thane said he was dying...but he went acrobatically crazy when he fought Kai Leng. Jack gets saved, then can't come with me to watch after her kids...who I sent to work on the Crucible. And Kasumi was just like "naaaah." But when Mordin died, when Legion sacrificed himself, when Thane died, it hurt.

It really hurt that I was powerless to prevent it. And that's why ME3's ending sucks. No closure. Still haven't seen extended, because I'm waiting for Leviathan and need to get my Galactic Readiness back up.

I've been playing FIFA 12 exclusively for the last 6 months and I am completely addicted. The dynasty mode is really something else once you dive into it. I sim 2 out of every 3 regular season games and play all cup/tourney games just to get through more seasons. I've learned a TON about world soccer and its format while playing the game.

Just a blast.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
Anyone playing Day-Z? It's rough being in the alpha stage, but an interesting idea

They are making a stand alone game for this. I've never played it, but I really like the idea.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
They are making a stand alone game for this. I've never played it, but I really like the idea.

It's a cool idea with a few issues. Basically it's a hardcore military simulator (Arma II) set in a zombie apocalypse ($30 total on Steam). There are no missions or quests or even goals in the game other than to survive. You're thrown into a huge map with some towns and lots of wilderness and you just explore. You start off with very little (i.e., no weapons or food and just a few medical supplies) so you need to scavenge to stay alive. Obviously, you also need to evade zombies, which are everywhere. The kicker is that once you die, you die. You don't respawn, you start over with nothing. Also, you play on public servers with other people...and those other people can either help you or just shoot you in the face and steal your stuff.

I've played several hours at this point, just to feel it out. No other game gives you the same sense of fear/apprehension. Not only because of the zombies and some of the music, but also because the stakes are so high. At the same time I think there will be a LOT of people turned off by the idea that you could play for so long and then be killed be a human player and all your work goes to waste. I'm hoping to get a few of my friends to join so we can play in a small group and explore together. That's where this game could be a huge success - a Left 4 Dead meets Borderlands meets an MMO.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 9, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
It's a cool idea with a few issues. Basically it's a hardcore military simulator (Arma II) set in a zombie apocalypse ($30 total on Steam). There are no missions or quests or even goals in the game other than to survive. You're thrown into a huge map with some towns and lots of wilderness and you just explore. You start off with very little (i.e., no weapons or food and just a few medical supplies) so you need to scavenge to stay alive. Obviously, you also need to evade zombies, which are everywhere. The kicker is that once you die, you die. You don't respawn, you start over with nothing. Also, you play on public servers with other people...and those other people can either help you or just shoot you in the face and steal your stuff.

I've played several hours at this point, just to feel it out. No other game gives you the same sense of fear/apprehension. Not only because of the zombies and some of the music, but also because the stakes are so high. At the same time I think there will be a LOT of people turned off by the idea that you could play for so long and then be killed be a human player and all your work goes to waste. I'm hoping to get a few of my friends to join so we can play in a small group and explore together. That's where this game could be a huge success - a Left 4 Dead meets Borderlands meets an MMO.

I've seen a lot of people write that when they play the game, they are more afraid of the other people playing the game than the zombies. I think would be a good reflection of what would really happen.

This game has over a million people playing it, so you will probably see a bunch of other games coming out like this. Which could good or bad depending how well those games are done.

I don't play games on PC, but i've been thinking about trying this one out.

Terrifying True Tales Of Survival From The Front-Lines Of DayZ

My one problem with DayZ is that you're so lost when you start off. I wish they would give you some help because if they really want to make it hardcore the character would have some experience with the area and whatever events led to that point. I watched some video of it and thought it was too intimidating. Looks really hard.