2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

A long shot, but did anyone get the Victoria II expansion (A House Divided)? I'm struggling with it, cant seem to even form Grossdeutschland as Prussia and all the little micro-German states arent the stoppers they used to be as allies. Austira is kicking my ass. Hoping someone has found some tricks.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 11:55 AM)
Ok, pulse pitching and cursor hitting are way too hard. I am losing 1-0 in the 5th inning of my first game vs. Texas.

I have 0 hits on offense with like 8 Ks. And pitching, I have only allowed like 3 hits, but I have 0 strikeouts and like 3 walks with Sale.

I really don't think I'll ever do anything other than power bar pitching, good old MVP Baseball ripoff style. As for batting, zone + button is it for me. I like how every game is different. I put up 8 runs on the O's with like 4 homers and was worried that it was too homer happy. In the two games since, I've scored 0 and 1 run, with no homers. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
I really don't think I'll ever do anything other than power bar pitching, good old MVP Baseball ripoff style. As for batting, zone + button is it for me. I like how every game is different. I put up 8 runs on the O's with like 4 homers and was worried that it was too homer happy. In the two games since, I've scored 0 and 1 run, with no homers. :lolhitting

I am actually a big fan of last year's controls. I use joystick pitching and joystick batting. Fielding is the only think I use the button style for.

So Diamond Dynasty in The Show kind of sucks. It's too confusing, and I honestly think games take way too long for me to ever use that mode. If they made them like mini 5 inning games or something, I would do it. Also, it appears you can't use your own gameplay settings either. And I refuse to use cursor batting and pulse pitching.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 11, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
Seriously, I'm going to respond to myself because I'm still pissed about this. Bioware can go f*** themselves. Worst ending ever.

that doesn't sound very good, I'm hoping bioware didn't rape Shepherd the way that george lucas and steven spielberg raped indiana jones.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 12:20 PM)
that doesn't sound very good, I'm hoping bioware didn't rape Shepherd the way that george lucas and steven spielberg raped indiana jones.

Much worse IMO. Bad enough that I won't buy another EA or Bioware game unless the endings (if you can call those endings) are fixed. The ending was bad enough that all 3 games are currently ruined for me.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 12, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
Much worse IMO. Bad enough that unwind buy another EA or Bioware game unless the endings (if you can call those endings) are fixed. The ending was ba enough that all 3 games are currently ruined for me.

noooooooooo

south-park-indy2.jpg

Want the secret to hitting a HR in RTTS? Get PS Move! Seriously, it's amazing how much harder I can hit the ball swinging a virtual bat vs. the controller. I don't think I will stick w/ this method for too long, due to having to stand up and have enough room to play, and the fact that it's even more difficult to not want to swing at every pitch thrown to you. But check this out....

I was hitting around .170 in AA, and for some reason got promoted to AAA. In AAA, I was hitting .180. Combined between the two leagues, I had 0 HR and like 3 RBI in about 20-25 games. Yeah, terrible. Then I decided to try and give the Move a shot. In 2 1/2 games, I went 5/11 with 2 HR and 6 RBI. It was like night and day, at least power wise. I struck out more w/ the motion controls, but every ball I hit was smashed. Homeruns were no-doubters that my player flipped his bat and slowly trotted, singles were bullets through the IF, and even foul balls were HR distance. I kind of wonder if once you use the motion controls, if the POWER attribute becomes tied to the actual person swinging, based on bat speed. That would be kind of disappointing if true, but I figured I would share that bit of info.

I got the Vita today. The Show on it is kind of underwhelming after you've played the PS3 version. Still pretty damn good, but the frame rate and visuals are sorta eh. Portions of the game don't look all that different than the PSP versions (maybe I just have high standards or I just forgot what a PSP game looked like).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 13, 2012 -> 12:35 AM)
I got the Vita today. The Show on it is kind of underwhelming after you've played the PS3 version. Still pretty damn good, but the frame rate and visuals are sorta eh. Portions of the game don't look all that different than the PSP versions (maybe I just have high standards or I just forgot what a PSP game looked like).

Did you go for the $70 "double-feature" deal for the PS3/Vita?

Warning do not watch the below video if you don't want to see major Mass Effect 3 spoilers but this video basically sums up most (but not all) of the reasons that the Mass Effect 3 ending is f***ing garbage and ruins all 3 games.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

For those with a PS3 I recommend Journey. It's $15 on PSN and is a very unique video game experience. If you ever wanted to know what it's like to play an animated movie with a plot similar to Fantasia, this is it. It's not as epic as Fantasia, but it has a similar feel in parts. Pretty cool overall.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 05:29 AM)
Won't spoil the Mass Effect 3 ending, but my god what a letdown.

Absolutely terrible compared to Mass Effect 2.

I've owned it since Sunday, haven't had time to play (earliest I've gotten to bed this week was 4 AM).

I don't want to play the end now...

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
are there multiple endings based on how you played the game? and if so are they all bad?

There are three endings (although Bioware laughably claims like 16) and the three endings are basically all the same with minor variations. They all suck and it doesn't matter at all what decisions you made prior to the end, everyone gets the same choices. Which wouldn't be as bad if any of the endings made any sense at all and weren't terrible.

Was hitting about .132 in my RTTS season at 3B for the Cubs AAA team, and guess what.....

I was selected to the Future's roster! lol, WTF. And then about 2 days after the Futures game, I got sent down to AA. In AA I had an existing .180 average (yeah, and somehow I was promoted earlier in the year), but now I am starting to do better. I have decided to work on my speed, so I can beat out infield singles, and I have my average up to around .220 I think. Still 0 homeruns (other than w/ the PS Move), but I am finally starting to hit some to the wall.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 12:15 AM)
Was hitting about .132 in my RTTS season at 3B for the Cubs AAA team, and guess what.....

I was selected to the Future's roster! lol, WTF. And then about 2 days after the Futures game, I got sent down to AA. In AA I had an existing .180 average (yeah, and somehow I was promoted earlier in the year), but now I am starting to do better. I have decided to work on my speed, so I can beat out infield singles, and I have my average up to around .220 I think. Still 0 homeruns (other than w/ the PS Move), but I am finally starting to hit some to the wall.

They need to cut yo ass.