Peavy vs Ozzie

fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
If a player is willing to go this far, then a big number of players on the team feel a lot more strongly than that.

From what I've heard Ozzie was practically despised by much of the organization including the players by the end of last season.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 05:16 AM)
From what I've heard Ozzie was practically despised by much of the organization including the players by the end of last season.

I'm honestly shocked the whole Teahen vs Oney thing didn't become a bigger issue last year

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
I'm sure that Cowley will be sticking up for Ozzie soon and bashing Peavy.

Joe has already painted himself in the corner putting Peavy on his all man team and saying the issues Peavy had were with Cooper. The more that comes out, the more uninformed Joseph becomes. He'll tweet the White Sox beat writers know the truth crap. Too bad he doesn't.

Oney reporting not a lot of people like Jake and Ozzie doesn't start fights he justs finishes them. Also wonders why people don't just let Ozzie be. Coming from the guy that went after Teahen's wife, its priceless.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Soxtalk was wrong about Adrian Gonzalez and got slapped down for it by Cowley. So what? The grudge that is being held for it on here is really entertaining to watch, but doesn't reflect well on those involved.

He personally attacked Jason then showed a complete lack of class when he e-mailed him saying it was uncalled for.

The grudge is because Cowley is the lowest class of journalist out there and broke 1001 and ethics codes to fluff his own fragile ego, then cemented his position as a complete jackass by trying to make himself seem witty with often used metaphors and by proclaiming he wrote an e-mail all by himself. Woop-de-f***ing-do. The one piece he ever wrote all by himself and did need an editor for was a steaming pile of s***.

Soxtalk was wrong about Adrian Gonzalez and got slapped down for it by Cowley. So what? The grudge that is being held for it on here is really entertaining to watch, but doesn't reflect well on those involved.

The grudge has everything to do with s***ty "journalism". He hides behind his whole "hard hitting" personna as the reason people "really" hate him. The fact is he is a poor mans Jay Mariotti, who was a poor mans Mike Lupica.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
Oneyguillen Oney Guillen

@ProfessorFog even better thats why its peanuts to an elephant. Guy was just awful. Awful for the sox should be embarassed he is stealing $

2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

So exactly what Oney did when his daddy got him a job for the Sox?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 03:47 AM)
You would think Cowley dissed Soxtalk with the hatred here for him.

I paid little attention to the inner squabbles. There sure are some strong feelings by our members though. I liked Ozzie Guillen. I was upset that Jake Peavy didn't perform. But, I never thought Peavy was a quitter. He battled and wanted to win. I think Ozzie did too. The team no doubt was in disaray in 2011. Some people just didn't perform and I think it is now obvious KW and his followers didn't want Ozzie and his followers back and did what they did to isolate the other camp. It sure looks like a battle between two groups developed and a House (Team) divided cannot stand. Change had to happen. But, hope springs eternal in the baseball off season and if 2012 is better we will hopefully forget all this and move on. If we lose and have no sense of direction than I think Tony Larrusa is our next GM.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
I paid little attention to the inner squabbles. There sure are some strong feelings by our members though. I liked Ozzie Guillen. I was upset that Jake Peavy didn't perform. But, I never thought Peavy was a quitter. He battled and wanted to win. I think Ozzie did too. The team no doubt was in disaray in 2011. Some people just didn't perform and I think it is now obvious KW and his followers didn't want Ozzie and his followers back and did what they did to isolate the other camp. It sure looks like a battle between two groups developed and a House (Team) divided cannot stand. Change had to happen. But, hope springs eternal in the baseball off season and if 2012 is better we will hopefully forget all this and move on. If we lose and have no sense of direction than I think Tony Larrusa is our next GM.

The inner squabbles seem to have been going on for at least 2-3 years and getting worse each year. At least from the point that Oney had to get fired, that's when the public face of it sure became obvious, and it started really seeming to affect the play of the team at that point.

why do you insist on repeating "It is as if Cowley dissed Soxtalk" when you know full well that he has done so, and has done so repeatedly? It really doesnt reflect well on you.

Oh wait, you dont care.

Neither do we. Go figure

Cowley is a 2 bit hack, and a b****. And he pretty much admitted that he couldnt take the heat when thrown back at him when he talked to Speigel last week.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
If a player is willing to go this far, then a big number of players on the team feel a lot more strongly than that.

What Peavy said is a fact (Ozzie quit with one year and two games left on his contract). It seems like it would be the standard comeback to any accusations by Ozzie that anyone quit.

I think Peavy has tried very hard to pitch well for the Sox. He has backed up his talk with effort, but his body has not held up and thus he has not gotten the results on the field. He seems understandably frustrated by this. In his frustration, he has sometimes blamed the coaching staff for setbacks. I don't really think he is trying to win over anyone with most recent comments--just saying what he thinks.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 14, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Peavy is 110% talk.

So is Ozzie. Remember when he "benched" Rios for loafing? And Oney is an Ozzie clone mouth-wise. It will be interesting to see the response. Just keep in mind Ozzie didn't just leave with 2 games to go. He was under contract for 2012, but that wasn't good enough for him.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
So is Ozzie. Remember when he "benched" Rios for loafing? And Oney is an Ozzie clone mouth-wise. It will be interesting to see the response. Just keep in mind Ozzie didn't just leave with 2 games to go. He was under contract for 2012, but that wasn't good enough for him.

I agree, Guillen is a 110% talk too.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 15, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
why do you insist on repeating "It is as if Cowley dissed Soxtalk" when you know full well that he has done so, and has done so repeatedly? It really doesnt reflect well on you.

Oh wait, you dont care.

Neither do we. Go figure

Cowley is a 2 bit hack, and a b****. And he pretty much admitted that he couldnt take the heat when thrown back at him when he talked to Speigel last week.

I'm amused that so many things come back to Cowley on here.