Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 02:19 PM)
The NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB packages are all part of the regular cable subscriptions yo. You might be paying 5.99 for hte sports tier, which gives that s***ty tennis channel and those other random ones. That sports tier also includes NFL RedZone. Maybe it went down to 5.99.

Interesting. I signed up for it like 4 years when ago when the NFL Network first started showing games and it was only on the sports package. I guess all those channels got added to standard in the past few years. Just checked my bill and I'm paying 5.99 for some sports ent package. Good to know.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 03:00 PM)
I actually just did my annual call and threaten to leave for directv and now get pretty much every channel for less than I was paying. Thanks, Xfinity!

They just got rid of about 8 HD movie channels, and yet the rate is the same? I hope you enjoy my rant later today Comcast.

Christ in a dumptruck, Williams/Hester listed as our starting WR. Why on Earth would the Bears put this responsibility on Hester yet again, when last year he did so much better on the one thing he's good at with a reduced offensive role?

God damn, this team is so mindless sometimes. Hasn't this "Hester as Wide Receiver" experiment been proven a bad idea?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
I'm not sure I would put Hester in our top pairing, maybe not even top 3 at WR. I just wish he would return kicks and punts and stand in the slot like he is supposed to.

The best WR on this team right now is Earl Bennett, followed by Knox, Williams and Hester. In that order. Things could change, however, that's how it looks to me as of the start of the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 08:02 AM)
That would mean the bears never had a shot, right?

Assuming the waiver wire still follows 2010 W/L record, I would guess so.

I guess the difference between Butler and Meriweather was that one was "waived" while the other was "cut?" Placing one on the waiver wire while granting the other Free Agency?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 09:30 AM)

I guess the difference between Butler and Meriweather was that one was "waived" while the other was "cut?" Placing one on the waiver wire while granting the other Free Agency?

And the player waived has his contract assumed by the claiming team, while the guy who got cut got a whole new contract.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 09:30 AM)

Im pretty sure that either way they pass through waivers..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)
It sounds like talks have broken down as Forte seems to have wanted a deal closer to the $45 million/$21 guaranteed that D'Angelo Williams got (as a full free agent) earlier this summer.

I don't see Forte being worth that much. He's good, but not special, and RB's seem to be having a diminishing impact on the NFL anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
And the player waived has his contract assumed by the claiming team, while the guy who got cut got a whole new contract.

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Im pretty sure that either way they pass through waivers..

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
If that is the case, it is a little surprising (perhaps a little alarming) that Meriweather wasn't claimed by anyone. . . . hmmm.

If a player has acquired 4 years of service time (when cut), they become free agents. Prior to that, they go through waivers.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
If that is the case, it is a little surprising (perhaps a little alarming) that Meriweather wasn't claimed by anyone. . . . hmmm.

Not really, hes more concerned about things other than football.. that's what got him cut.. Bears fans shouldn't think they just got some stud at no cost here, there's a reason he was cut and not claimed by anyone till Chicago..