The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)
If demanding a new contract in the middle of September and willingly negotiating with another team during September isn't quitting on the Sox, what is? Did he literally have to not show up to the park? I suppose that would've been Kenny's fault, or the gas prices were too high at the time.

And please, NEVER use Ozzie in the same paragraph as Earl Weaver and Tommy Lasorda, unless you're listing reasons about how different they are as managers, as in, "Ozzie is dogs*** compared to Lasorda and Weaver."

Please get over yourself. I'm 24 posts in and you annoy me already. There's a reason Ozzie was a .525 manager with the Sox and his current team sucks, but I suppose that's Miami management's fault. Getting Reyes, Buehrle, and Bell was horrible. RIIIIGHT.

No, it didn't. He just doesn't like you.

Bell is horrible. That is not Ozzie's fault. I don't even know how many WS titles Weaver and Tommy won, but arguably Oz is already better than those two because he led the Chicago White Sox to a WS title. Do you realize Chicago teams DO NOT win WS titles? And guess who led them to one?? Ozzie. Before Ozzie? I don't even know who our manager was in 1917 or whenever we won one. If you think heath Bell is good, then bless you. Heath is a trainwreck and he's not Ozzie's fault.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 04:30 AM)
I feel bad for Greg now.

Damn.

Why? I don't think I'm banned yet.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 12:15 AM)
Bell is horrible. That is not Ozzie's fault. I don't even know how many WS titles Weaver and Tommy won, but arguably Oz is already better than those two because he led the Chicago White Sox to a WS title. Do you realize Chicago teams DO NOT win WS titles? And guess who led them to one?? Ozzie. Before Ozzie? I don't even know who our manager was in 1917 or whenever we won one. If you think heath Bell is good, then bless you. Heath is a trainwreck and he's not Ozzie's fault.

OZZIE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING ARGUABLY BETTER THAN WEAVER AND LASORDA.

Weaver won one for the Orioles, their second one in franchise history. He has a .583 win %.

Lasorda has two titles, is in the HoF as a manager, and a .526 win %. While .526 isn't too great, he has two titles.

And I feel bad for you because you're getting eviscerated and don't even realize it.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 06:37 AM)
OZZIE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING ARGUABLY BETTER THAN WEAVER AND LASORDA.

Weaver won one for the Orioles, their second one in franchise history. He has a .583 win %.

Lasorda has two titles, is in the HoF as a manager, and a .526 win %. While .526 isn't too great, he has two titles.

And I feel bad for you because you're getting eviscerated and don't even realize it.

I'm getting kicked off? That sucks. I tried to be a loyal poster.

As far as winning percentages? See? Ozzie's was damn good as well. Over 50 percent.

Ad Weaver only won one? Oz has one.

Tommy has two? Oz figures to get another. He's in his 40s.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:38 AM)
I'm getting kicked off? That sucks. I tried to be a loyal poster.

As far as winning percentages? See? Ozzie's was damn good as well. Over 50 percent.

Ad Weaver only won one? Oz has one.

Tommy has two? Oz figures to get another. He's in his 40s.

No one said you're getting kicked off...

And Ozzie's WP% is lower than both Lasorda and Weaver. Weaver won the AL pennant 4 times and had many other 90+ win seasons.

Ozzie does not figure to get another. No one figures to get another, that's an asinine assumption that just undervalues how hard it is to win a WS. That logic says Robin will win one, so the Sox should hold on to him until he does.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
If he's the owner, then it's pretty crazy to think my defense of Ozzie would elicit such a venomous response. All I'm doing is stating my defense of Ozzie. It's not like I'm starting threads saying Ozzie this and Ozzie that and I wish Ozzie was still here.

You guys think Ozzie quit on the team whatever that means. I say the Sox didn't want him and he sped up the process by negotiating the final week or whenever. If the Sox wanted Ozzie Guillen and made it known they wanted Oz through thick and thin, he'd still be here.

Also, who cares if he's playing on the internet before games instead of scouring advanced stats. What did Earl Weaver do back in the day w/no internet or Tommy Lasorda? They played grabass with the media I'm sure or played cards. Who cares? A manager brings the intangibles and semblance of strategy DURING games.

I'm usually all for free speech, believe that everyone has a right to their own opinions, should not be lashed out at for expressing them, and try my best never to spew venom against anyone.

That being said, Greg, especially after posts like this, Chisoxfn is absolutely correct !

So wait, Ozzie is better than those other two because he won a World Series with the White Sox? YOU are the trainwreck.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 06:31 AM)
The sad thing is, Greg gets called out by the site owner, something he almost never does...and Greg learns nothing from it.

I say he just needs to move to Lawrence Springs, FL and start following the Marlins.

Pants Rowland is shedding a tear in his grave as he realizes that long time Sox fans no longer remember him. :crying

I was just thinking what Weaver or Lasorda fans would be saying if they heard the comparison made, in favor of Guillen.

They would probably be more incensed that the managerial track records are even deemed in the same ballpark simply because of 2005.

Isn't the winning percentage for Gene Lamont better than Guillen?

And yet nobody ever would say Lamont was better than an average manager for the White Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
Nope. That's him. I remember he got on me one time. lol. But damn. He snapped.

I received one of those, too, though obviously not like the one greg just received. More of a "stop being a dick" post.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
If demanding a new contract in the middle of September and willingly negotiating with another team during September isn't quitting on the Sox, what is? Did he literally have to not show up to the park? I suppose that would've been Kenny's fault, or the gas prices were too high at the time.

And please, NEVER use Ozzie in the same paragraph as Earl Weaver and Tommy Lasorda, unless you're listing reasons about how different they are as managers, as in, "Ozzie is dogs*** compared to Lasorda and Weaver."

Please get over yourself. I'm 24 posts in and you annoy me already. There's a reason Ozzie was a .525 manager with the Sox and his current team sucks, but I suppose that's Miami management's fault. Getting Reyes, Buehrle, and Bell was horrible. RIIIIGHT.

No, it didn't. He just doesn't like you.

Well, I like this guy already.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)
I received one of those, too, though obviously not like the one greg just received. More of a "stop being a dick" post.

Which you obviously disregarded /green.......?

Wow, I'm at the beach for a month with really spotty internet connectivity. I am so glad I decided today to chill inside and see what has been happening. As soon as I heard

Greg + Idiotic Post = ChiSoxFn beat down I knew exactly where to look for the posts :lolhitting

Looking at how much Chicagoans still enjoy discussing Ozzie, if I had a mediocre team and looking to sell tickets, I'd hire Ozzie in a second. Then I would Doug Collins him at the right time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
If he's the owner, then it's pretty crazy to think my defense of Ozzie would elicit such a venomous response. All I'm doing is stating my defense of Ozzie. It's not like I'm starting threads saying Ozzie this and Ozzie that and I wish Ozzie was still here.

You guys think Ozzie quit on the team whatever that means. I say the Sox didn't want him and he sped up the process by negotiating the final week or whenever. If the Sox wanted Ozzie Guillen and made it known they wanted Oz through thick and thin, he'd still be here.

Also, who cares if he's playing on the internet before games instead of scouring advanced stats. What did Earl Weaver do back in the day w/no internet or Tommy Lasorda? They played grabass with the media I'm sure or played cards. Who cares? A manager brings the intangibles and semblance of strategy DURING games.

What do you want the owner to do? You know how many hours they spend at the site? Gage has time to f*** around. Like he said, let the admins/mods do the things they are paid for. The owner is the organizer. I wouldn't read scads of posts on the Internet either, if I were Gage. His track record suggests his style works.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 09:39 AM)
Maybe Greg wrote that to himself, and didn't use his normal, inimitable, staggered line/iambic pentameter style?

I've thought for a long time that Greg is just a fake account by another poster that was made to rile us up. Nobody can be that happily clueless IRL can they?

Thinking the NL is better than the AL was the last straw.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)
I've thought for a long time that Greg is just a fake account by another poster that was made to rile us up. Nobody can be that happily clueless IRL can they?

greg's problem is that his love for Ozzie (aka 2005) has blinded him from facts and logic. He sees everybody taking shots (justified or not) at his hero and doesn't know what else to do other than to defend his guy. Personally, I've never seen somebody so obsessed with a manager. Players? Sure. But not a manager. And where greg kinda loses points is that the Sox have at worst a 50% chance of winning the division THIS YEAR. With Robin in charge and not Ozzie. I think there's part of him that doesn't want that to happen because he loves Ozzie so much and that would be the ultimate, "see, Ozzie was the problem," and he'd have to eat it and admit he was wrong. Nobody knows better than me what it's liked to get ganged up on. But I admit when I'm wrong. I don't think greg wants to do that.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 11:31 AM)

Maybe greg is Cowley?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
greg's problem is that his love for Ozzie (aka 2005) has blinded him from facts and logic. He sees everybody taking shots (justified or not) at his hero and doesn't know what else to do other than to defend his guy. Personally, I've never seen somebody so obsessed with a manager. Players? Sure. But not a manager. And where greg kinda loses points is that the Sox have at worst a 50% chance of winning the division THIS YEAR. With Robin in charge and not Ozzie. I think there's part of him that doesn't want that to happen because he loves Ozzie so much and that would be the ultimate, "see, Ozzie was the problem," and he'd have to eat it and admit he was wrong. Nobody knows better than me what it's liked to get ganged up on. But I admit when I'm wrong. I don't think greg wants to do that.

LOL NY KNICKS.

Edit: Wait, s***, wrong thread. Oh well.

Edited by Quinarvy