4/23/12 GT Sox @ A's 9:05pm, CSN+

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
here is to hoping that bottom three gets their collective heads out of their asses. Having 3 automatic outs in a row is not good

With all three of those guys struggling with fastballs this year, it wouldn't have been the worst thing to get Lillibridge and Fukudome in the lineup again. I'm all for Viciedo getting his opportunity this year, but you hate to have such a poor bottom of the order when you have so many other hitters on fire.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)
With all three of those guys struggling with fastballs this year, it wouldn't have been the worst thing to get Lillibridge and Fukudome in the lineup again. I'm all for Viciedo getting his opportunity this year, but you hate to have such a poor bottom of the order when you have so many other hitters on fire.

If you're worried about wins, then you're not all for Viciedo getting his opportunity this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 11:07 PM)
If you're worried about wins, then you're not all for Viciedo getting his opportunity this year.

I'm worried about wins when the team is playing about as well as it possibly can outside of our young offensive players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
I'm worried about wins when the team is playing about as well as it possibly can outside of our young offensive players.

Then you're not all for Viciedo getting his opportunity this year.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
So you still think this team has no chance of competing and should already punt potential wins for sake of development?

If they're going to compete, it's not going to be because of Kosuke Fukudome's contributions in the corner OF spot, it's going to be because we got Viciedo's struggles out of the way and got to the point where he is a contributor. Same story for Beckham and probably Morel.

Edit: This story is, of course, the Tyler Colvin story all over again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2012 -> 11:30 PM)
If they're going to compete, it's not going to be because of Kosuke Fukudome's contributions in the corner OF spot, it's going to be because we got Viciedo's struggles out of the way and got to the point where he is a contributor. Same story for Beckham and probably Morel.

Again, plenty of time for Viciedo to get back on track, but the way things are going, Colon doesn't seem like a good match-up for him. He'll get a lefty tomorrow and then could face a AAA pitcher on Wednesday.