Pale Hose vs. Carmines 4/29/2012

Quin

On a day where the White Sox wear their red throwbacks...they face the Red Sox.

0612_large.jpg

Well, that s***'s confusing.

9458742-large.jpg

In the first corner...

a9619d96-b89e-4220-9255-228ad7642a1b.jpg

G-FLOYD.

1-3, 3.10 ERA

VERSUS

tumblr_m242c8Jm0A1qhyku5.jpg

THIS DICK.

2-2, 4.56 ERA.

SOX ON A LOSING SKID.

SHALL THEY REGAIN FORM?

AND DEFEAT THEIR DRUNK ASS COUSINS?

YES.

BECAUSE f*** ALL THE HATERS.

THIS.

IS.

WHITE SOX.

BASEBALL.

AND NOW. FOR YOUR CHICAGO WHITE SOX.

LINEUPS TO BE ANNOUNCED.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 11:37 AM)
At least we don't have to watch Beckham's pathetic attempts to hit. But without Konerko in the lineup, they probably lose again.

No, you get to watch Escobar's and Lillibridge's pathetic attempts to hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)
Shack it is more that it's frustrating Lilly isn't playing more vs LHP

i just hope robin realizes that he was the vast exception to the rule that guys who go 0-41 at any point in their big league career are typically not good baseball players. Hopefully he's not letting his own personal experience of struggling as a young player to cloud his judgement on Morel and beckham (morel more so than beckham - christ at least beckham has been decent for longer than 2 weeks in the bigs - morel has been absolutely abysmal for 95% of his big league time)

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
i just hope robin realizes that he was the vast exception to the rule that guys who go 0-41 at any point in their big league career are typically not good baseball players. Hopefully he's not letting his own personal experience of struggling as a young player to cloud his judgement on Morel and beckham (morel more so than beckham - christ at least beckham has been decent for longer than 2 weeks in the bigs - morel has been absolutely abysmal for 95% of his big league time)

I have more confidence in Morel turning it around than Beckham. Not saying Morel will, but just that he's more likely than Beckham.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 11:00 AM)
I have more confidence in Morel turning it around than Beckham. Not saying Morel will, but just that he's more likely than Beckham.

While Morel can really suck, he doesn't have as many bad habits to unwind as Gordon...

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 29, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
What is this miraculous thing we're seeing here called offense?

It'd be nice to see 3 home runs a game.

That's the Sox game and we'd win the division with 3 bombs per night IMO.

Dunn is definitely a different player this year.

Could it be he really lost 20 pounds and it's helped him? He could not make contact at all last year. Anybody can hit 11 home runs when they try to hit it out every time.

We can say it's the hitting coach, but I'm thinking he actually did get in decent shape (for a huge man) and that's why he can actually make contact during some at bats. Last year he failed almost every at bat.

As to why the ball is elevating, maybe Manto deserves some credit for that. But don't you agree the big man has lost weight and that means a lot?