Jordan Danks being recalled

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
Officially official now

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox

#WhiteSox have placed outfielder Kosuke Fukudome on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to June 4) with a strained right oblique.

In a corresponding move, the #WhiteSox have purchased the contract of outfielder Jordan Danks from Class AAA Charlotte.

Danks, the younger brother of #WhiteSox pitcher John Danks, is hitting .302 w/ 15 doubles, 8 HR & 28 RBI in 57 games with Charlotte.

Danks, who will wear uniform No. 20, has no major-league experience.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin

Jordan Danks is considered the best defensive outfielder in the organization, not just Minors. Teammates raved about Jordan's defense

With Viciedo, Rios and De Aza hitting, Jordan will be more of a defensive replacement/pinch-runner. But he has improved with the bat

Fukudome couldn't really do anything baseball-related since the injury suffered in Sunday's game.

Danks also a .419 OBP at Charlotte. That is quite the improvement for him. However, he does not face quality LHP ever with all of it being at AA or the majors.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 11:16 AM)
And don't forget, all of major league baseball could have had him for the price of $50,000 just a few months ago. Hopefully expectations aren't too high for Jordan.

The difficulty lies not in paying the monetary price for a player in the Rule-5 Draft, but rather in having to carry him on your roster all year long. That is what deterred teams from selecting him.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
if ozzie was the coach still hed be starting and batting leadoff probably

He's a Rookie and White. That's a huge No-No for Ozzie as far as starting goes. ;)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 12:20 AM)
Where's "mcgrad" these days?

Still lurking, one would think...waiting to strike. Almost had his opportunity if we would have gotten swept, although the retort back would have been "first place b-----s!"

Pretty sure he got suspended. Hopefully banned. If I came into the NBA thread and said I was intentionally trolling (as mcgrad did in catch-all), I'd be banned until Quinnary turned 30.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 01:38 AM)
Pretty sure he got suspended. Hopefully banned. If I came into the NBA thread and said I was intentionally trolling (as mcgrad did in catch-all), I'd be banned until Quinnary turned 30.

cereal-guy-newspaper-guy-l.png