2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/860065...houston-rockets

There have always been whispers that the Rockets could have traded Sampson for Portland's second overall selection and Drexler, then built around Jordan and Olajuwon. In his interview for this story, Olajuwon corroborated this scenario. Fitch, who held great sway over player personnel decisions, said such a deal was never presented to him.

Think about that for a second.

PG - Jordan - Drexler - PF - Olajuwon

Dear lord.

1985 Draft, let's say they draft Terry Porter (last pick of first round). Then let's say they draft Rodman in 1986.

That would be...something.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
Sorry DBAHO, but after watching that Magic team last night... man they're atrocious. That starting lineup is just garbage.

Yep, which is exactly what I hoped coming into this season.

Tank, get the #1 draft pick, trade Davis and Harrington for picks if possible, and start from scratch.

Harkless is going to be a player, could be another Deng or Iggy if all goes well, Nicholson's got a bit of offensive game to him also.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 03:24 AM)
Yep, which is exactly what I hoped coming into this season.

Tank, get the #1 draft pick, trade Davis and Harrington for picks if possible, and start from scratch.

Harkless is going to be a player, could be another Deng or Iggy if all goes well, Nicholson's got a bit of offensive game to him also.

I'd kill to get Afflalo for a fair price from the Magic.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
I'd kill to get Afflalo for a fair price from the Magic.

He's got 4/28 left on his deal IIRC, while Redick is in the final year of his deal.

Redick is the real interesting one, he'd almost be Sixth Man of the Year so far, and I think Hennigan is after so much cap flexibility, he'd probably trade Redick for draft picks if the right offer was out there.

Affalo needs to get back to playing some consistent defence, but he's had a pretty decent start to the season at least.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
BREAKING NEWS: The Lakers fire head coach Mike Brown.

PHIL??

Phil can barely walk - I'd say no.

This is interesting, though. Who the f*** will they hire as coach? Someone who doesn't want to run the Princeton offense, I'm sure!

Stan Van Gundy? LOLOLOL DWIGHT NO

Hmmm - I bet it's Bryan Shaw.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)

This is interesting, though. Who the f*** will they hire as coach? Someone who doesn't want to run the Princeton offense, I'm sure!

The offense wasn't the problem. Their problem, that will not go away with a new coach, is that they are going to be a mediocre defensive team at best with that roster. Kobe is too old to defend on a nightly basis at this point and can't really stay in front of quicker players without giving a lot of space, Nash is horrendous defensively, Gasol can't stay in front of anyone and Artest hasn't kept a single SF in front of him that he has faced this year. And it isn't like they have any good plus defenders on the bench (or good players off the bench for that matter).

Hahahahahahaha.

I called Comcast and threatened to leave because “DirecTV offered me NBA League Pass for free” (spoiler alert: they didn’t).

Comcast gave it to me for free. ANY GAME MOF*CKA

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Hahahahahahaha.

I called Comcast and threatened to leave because “DirecTV offered me NBA League Pass for free” (spoiler alert: they didn’t).

Comcast gave it to me for free. ANY GAME MOF*CKA

Nice. Wonder if I could pull that with UVerse.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 9, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)

Looks like Phil is coming back for round 3.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
3 year deal says Yahoo. Sheesh. He doesn't need it. Just retire and enjoy it.

That was a fake Twitter account. Nothing is finalized yet.

Kirk Hinrich: Bad at Basketball

Edit: Also, Nate Robinson has played 3 minutes so far tonight. He's taken four shots, missed them all (including an ugly as s*** airball and some bricks from the corner) and MAYBE thrown two passes (maybe).

Edited by Felix