2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 5, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
I really hope that Nate and Marco don't price themselves out of the Bulls range. If comes between them, take Nate, but still I like this...

PG: Rose/Hinrich/Teague

SG: Butler/Nate

SF: Deng/Bellinelli/Draft Pick

PF: Boozer/Taj/Thomas

C : Noah/Nazr/Draft Pick

I doubt either of them will be with the Bulls next year.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 5, 2013 -> 06:56 PM)
I really hope that Nate and Marco don't price themselves out of the Bulls range. If comes between them, take Nate, but still I like this...

Nate's not really a SG option at 5'9". I suppose they could use Kirk at the 2, but and I don't see them keeping four PG's again. Also, they already have $73 mil committed to 8 guys, so they're looking at another tax year unless they amnesty Boozer.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

If it is one or the other, you have to keep Marco.

EDIT: and I'll be really pissed off if we aren't willing to go into the tax. Next year is the last one we can keep the talent together.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2013 -> 08:15 PM)
Resigning those guys isn't an option unless the Bulls trade a big salary

Won't they effectively have the mini-MLE to play with next year to fill out the roster?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 5, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
I have a feeling Nate will be back depending on the price.

He's been the perfect instant offense this year.

I love Nate. He made this season actually bearable to watch without Rose. He was like a little sparkplug of energy.

I'll be shocked in a good way if he's back. I just don't see it happening. :(

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 5, 2013 -> 06:56 PM)

Having both back is really asking for a lot. And with the way Thibs rides his starters, I doubt they will have much of a role coming off the bench. You are basically giving three pseudo starters this year - Nate, Kirk and Maro, 10-15 minutes a game barring any injuries. I doubt they are satisfy with that role. And Teague figures to play a bigger role next year, given the logical progression.

I know this Rose stuff is old and he's not going to play, but really, could he even play now without getting even more backlash? If he suited up tonight, wouldn't he be getting a lot of crap for not playing Saturday night? I think even most of the people who have no problem with his process would have to question him then.

I really think Reggie expected the Bulls to completely tank this season and they wouldnt make the playoffs... so he decided Rose was out fr the year. When they did make th eplayoffs, i bet he expected the team to declare Rose out and he'd be able to say "Well, Rose WAS going to play in the playoffs, but those evil Bulls wont let him". Then the last series happened and it completely blew up on them.

The Bulls arent gonna win this series, but I know the Heat werent happy to find out they were going to be playing the Bulls as opposed to the Nets. There will be a lot of post game ice baths for both sides

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2013 -> 08:22 AM)
The Bulls arent gonna win this series, but I know the Heat werent happy to find out they were going to be playing the Bulls as opposed to the Nets. There will be a lot of post game ice baths for both sides

Yeah, I was thinking that this morning as I drove in to work...you know the Heat would have much rather played the Nets...Now they have to deal with a much more physical series and the (albeit remote) possibility of Rose coming back...if they win this series, they were supposed to, if they lose, it's a huge upset and their legacy gets tarnished again.

And just to add to that...the Heat will now get beaten up a bit by the Bulls, then beaten up again by Indiana...I'll just say that if Memphis can get themselves into the Finals, they could take advantage of a Heat team that is limping by that time.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/...g-vs-miami-heat

MIAMI -- The Chicago Bulls will be without Luol Deng, Derrick Rose and possibly Kirk Hinrich for Game 1 of their Eastern Conference semifinal against the Miami Heat on Monday, but Rose said he is not ruling out playing at some point in the series.

Rose said Monday that his status is "still up in the air," although coach Tom Thibodeau ruled him out for Game 1.

Why even say that? Just shut up and be a good cheerleader on the bench. So tired of this crap EVERY day.

Rose coming back at this point is sort of anticlimactic. He has became a villain in most Bulls fans' eyes, at least for the time being. With him coming back now against what he's preaching all along, the fans actually get what they wish for. All the bashing and the hate comments will stop and people will treat him like the golden boy again. I just can't picture the scenario.