Return of an All-Star: Sale vs Royals

Steve9347

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
I disagree. He was a good SS for the Sox and was a pretty good manager for the first three years or so then became one of the worst managers they ever had for the last couple of years.

I'd place him at #2 on the White Sox SS list. He's high on the team records. And he was great from 2005-2008 (with '07 being the lone terrible year). And he won the ring.

It's not like I'm an Ozzie apologist...ask Greg.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
I'd place him at #2 on the White Sox SS list. He's high on the team records. And he was great from 2005-2008 (with '07 being the lone terrible year). And he won the ring.

Aparicio, Appling and Carrasquel (sp?) would be three ahead of him right off the top of my head. Then of course there was Bucky Dent.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Aparicio, Appling and Carrasquel (sp?) would be three ahead of him right off the top of my head. Then of course there was Bucky Dent.

Forgot Appling. Brain fart.

I wouldn't put Chico above him. I'm counting longevity.

He's paid to talk baseball and make predictions like that. And that's not even a bold prediction. Anything can happen in these next 8 weeks.. the ball could easily bounce the wrong way for the Sox, and we could go on a devastating losing streak. Just hope we continue to hit the ball, catch the ball, and catch a bunch of breaks along the way.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)

Aparacio and Appling both rank ahead of Ozzie.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
Just tuned in to the MLB Network. Mitch Williams still thinks the Tigers will win the central by eight games. EIGHT.

Mitch Williams can go f*** himself and watch replays of Joe Carter walking his sorry ass off to win the WS.

He is perfectly still when he doesn't talk, but do you notice when Mitch Williams speaks his head bounces like a bobblehead?