Hahn to become GM, Williams promoted to Vp of Bball Ops?

southsider2k5

This is the tweet.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Dan Jennings expected to be next #Marlins GM while Rick Hahn becomes #WhiteSox GM, Williams elevated to Sox President.

This is the link that goes with it the tweet, but there nothing in there about it. Anyone know anything more???

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mlb/columni...-pay/57809660/1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
This is the tweet.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Dan Jennings expected to be next #Marlins GM while Rick Hahn becomes #WhiteSox GM, Williams elevated to Sox President.

This is the link that goes with it the tweet, but there nothing in there about it. Anyone know anything more???

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mlb/columni...-pay/57809660/1

Key word "expected".

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
KW refuses comment. Could mean absolutely anything.

But I think we all know this is an eventuality, or they'd lose Hahn.

I've actually thought that this was most likely all planned out prior to this season, and with all the Ozzie drama that JR wanted KW to be around for 1 more year in charge before handing off to Hahn.

My guess is that KW is burnt out a bit from the job, and when he asked JR if he should be let go, that they came to a gentleman's agreement over this.

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
That article says Williams becomes Vice President of baseball operations...

They updated the article to include the Sox stuff. It wasn't in there before.

Stay tuned. There will be more firings. And, yes, surprises, with White Sox GM Kenny Williams being promoted to vice president of baseball operations, with assistant Rick Hahn becoming the GM.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
I've actually thought that this was most likely all planned out prior to this season, and with all the Ozzie drama that JR wanted KW to be around for 1 more year in charge before handing off to Hahn.

My guess is that KW is burnt out a bit from the job, and when he asked JR if he should be let go, that they came to a gentleman's agreement over this.

Just my 2 cents.

Hard for me to agree Kenny being "let go" would be on the table considering where he currently has the Club...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
Hard for me to agree Kenny being "let go" would be on the table considering where he currently has the Club...

Well there was that one leak or story where KW admitted that he talked to JR about his future with the club and whether he should still be with them.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 02:25 PM)
Well there was that one leak or story where KW admitted that he talked to JR about his future with the club and whether he should still be with them.

Yeah, but I thought that was based on the premise that the team was no longer succeeding...

I feel like all these titles mean nothing. Like Hoyer is the Cubs GM, but it's Epstein that addresses the media and speaks like he's running the show. If KW is president, is he still running the show? Otherwise, what does President do?

I think it will be a little bit like that, but I think Hahn will have more control than Hoyer, but not as much as KW had.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
It keeps everyone happy(or at least that's what I assume). Both Williams and Hahn get title promotions, and roles probably don't change a ton.

And there comes a point where Rick Hahn either gets a promotion, or leaves. I really don't think they want him to leave.