2012 ALCS: Tigers vs Yankees

Brian

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 12:03 PM)
Looking like a rematch of 2006 is coming...with hopefully the same result

I don't care if the Tigers win, but if it ends up being Tigers/Cardinals again, I hope it's an entertaining series. The 2006 Series was brutal.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 06:06 PM)
They're deserving. One thing that might slow them down is an extended NLCS.

That's what happened in 2006, hopefully we get a repeat.

Enough talk about ARod & Swisher. They are old and/or s***ty. What the f*** happened to Robinson Cano? Dude has one of the sweetest swings in baseball, ended the regular season 24 for his last 39. He went 3 for 40 in the postseason.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 06:29 PM)
Why are they undeserving?

Because they played like s*** for 95% of the year, and then snuck in to the playoffs when the Sox choked it all away. They didn't deserve to make the playoffs. Obviously they've kicked ass since making it, but I mean they didn't even deserve to make the playoffs.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
It's disheartening that Mr. Gordon, I mean, Delmon Young would end up winning the MVP. He's such a scumbag human being.

One of the nice things about the Tigers extending their season is that it presents more opportunities for Delmon Young to get HBP. Always look on the bright side of life.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
One of the nice things about the Tigers extending their season is that it presents more opportunities for Delmon Young to get HBP. Always look on the bright side of life.

Lol, but even if he gets drilled in the head, the Tigers could still win it all and Mr. Asshole goes home with a ring in the end. It pains me.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Because they played like s*** for 95% of the year, and then snuck in to the playoffs when the Sox choked it all away. They didn't deserve to make the playoffs. Obviously they've kicked ass since making it, but I mean they didn't even deserve to make the playoffs.

What's your opinion on the 88-win 2nd WC team Cardinals making the WS? If the Tigers aren't deserving, then there is no way St. Louis is. Might as well cancel the World Series, since no one deserves to be there, right?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)

That's silly. They won the games they needed to while the White Sox didn't. It's childish thinking.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)

Even if the Sox had made the playoffs, they would have gotten their asses kicked in the first round. Their top three starters were DOA, their 1-4 hitters were hurt, and their closer was pretty much closed out. About the only guy that was really hot was Gavin Floyd, and maybe Alex Rios. That's it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
Even if the Sox had made the playoffs, they would have gotten their asses kicked in the first round. Their top three starters were DOA, their 1-4 hitters were hurt, and their closer was pretty much closed out. About the only guy that was really hot was Gavin Floyd, and maybe Alex Rios. That's it.

I absolutely hate this form of thinking. Almost everyone on here said the same thing about the Tigers, "If they make it to the playoffs, they won't do anything . . ."

Some teams step it up when the pressure is on. Apparently the Tigers can do it, St. Louis definitely can do it. Would the Sox? We can assume they would have been swept right out, but its silly to be so confident that they would've.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 06:43 AM)

DeWayne Wise.

6rrnsl.jpg