2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 09:51 PM)
Severely disappointed in the walking dead tonight. That was a whole lot of build up for absolutely nothing. Biggest cop out by the writers.

They might drag the Governor stuff into next season somehow. Whatever they're doing, they're deviating from the graphic novel.

Edited by chw42

I thought it was really good.

I thought the Governor's army was gonna go back but then he showed he was even crazier than I even thought he was. That was kinda shocking even for the Governor. I thought the scene with Carl shooting the kid was really good. Did he do the right thing? I think he did. And the whole Andrea and Milton thing was great. Yeah she was pretty slow with getting those pliers but hey it was for dramatic effect. And even though I've wanted Andrea to die, I have to admit her dying was a touching scene. All in all, I was happy with the show.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)

I thought the Governor's army was gonna go back but then he showed he was even crazier than I even thought he was. That was kinda shocking even for the Governor. I thought the scene with Carl shooting the kid was really good. Did he do the right thing? I think he did. And the whole Andrea and Milton thing was great. Yeah she was pretty slow with getting those pliers but hey it was for dramatic effect. And even though I've wanted Andrea to die, I have to admit her dying was a touching scene. All in all, I was happy with the show.

Agreed

GOT with a nice start as well.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)

I thought it was a good finale. I can't say I'm surprised by anything, but

even through I too have wanted Andrea to die for quite a while, it was a bit upsetting. Too bad she realized too late how much of a psycho the Governor was.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 03:53 AM)
Fiona starting to irritate me by keep going back to Jimmy. WTF. He's such an ass.

I am starting to question if Jimmy is going to make it off that boat.

Good start to GoT, the scene between Tyrion and Tywin was great. I did not expect Barristan Selby to go to Danaerys

Why didn't any of the governor's henchman shoot the governor? They had ample opportunity. Dumb. I liked the episode, but it didn't really feel like a finale. And yet again we lost a character (Milton) that had just started to get interesting.

GoT was good, not great. Kind of a "remember, this is what the characters are up to" episode.

I started the Vikings this weekend, up through episode three. Pretty fantastic. Another win for the History Channel. I think they've found a better niche than those stupid pawn shop/cajun hick shows.

Agreed that GOT was kind of a catch up episode, but so stoked to have it back that I don't care.

This season should be epic, even though they are definitely shortening many of lesser plot points like Davos attempting to murder Melissandre.

Also, Margaery is my new crush, holy crap. Also, can Sansa turn 18 already so my crush on her isn't creepy.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
Agreed that GOT was kind of a catch up episode, but so stoked to have it back that I don't care.

This season should be epic, even though they are definitely shortening many of lesser plot points like Davos attempting to murder Melissandre.

Also, Margaery is my new crush, holy crap. Also, can Sansa turn 18 already so my crush on her isn't creepy.

She was also in the Tudors. And naked quite often IIRC.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)

I read that this season will only cover about half of A Storm of Swords.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 08:27 AM)

Exactly how I felt about it and there's still catching up to do with several more characters.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
I read that this season will only cover about half of A Storm of Swords.

I keep hearing this rumor, and I have no idea if it's true.

If it is, then it sucks and HBO should be ashamed. The kid/teen actors are already outgrowing their roles, so they need to film as much as possible as early as possible otherwise it's not going to follow the story all that well.

Sansa's actress looks 17+ years old, when in the book she should be about 13/14 at this point. Wait another year and that gap widens a lot for the same age.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)

If it is, then it sucks and HBO should be ashamed. The kid/teen actors are already outgrowing their roles, so they need to film as much as possible as early as possible otherwise it's not going to follow the story all that well.

Sansa's actress looks 17+ years old, when in the book she should be about 13/14 at this point. Wait another year and that gap widens a lot for the same age.

I actually think that's a good thing. It'll make the Stark kid's stories make more sense, especially Aria.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
I actually think that's a good thing. It'll make the Stark kid's stories make more sense, especially Aria.

Arya: She's like 7/8 in the book, can't remember specifically but it's pretty important for her to be at that age.

She goes into training for the Faceless Men and that's not a short storyline.

I'm curious to see what the show does with many of the storylines since so many of them get dragged out in the books. I wonder if they change them up to add spice to some of the stories as the amount of legitimate action scenes definitely goes down in books 4/5.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)

Well I read it in an interview with the creators, so I'm pretty sure that it is true. Also, the series has already changed the ages of the kids. If the show not following the books well is going to upset you, then I think you would have stopped watching already.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Arya: She's like 7/8 in the book, can't remember specifically but it's pretty important for her to be at that age.

She goes into training for the Faceless Men and that's not a short storyline.

I'm curious to see what the show does with many of the storylines since so many of them get dragged out in the books. I wonder if they change them up to add spice to some of the stories as the amount of legitimate action scenes definitely goes down in books 4/5.

I disagree. I think Arya's story arc with the Faceless Men makes more sense if she's older and becomes an assassin when she's older. I think Sansa's story arc with Little Finger makes more sense if she's older and they have an actual relationship. In Bran's story arc with Bloodraven, age is unimportant.

They would have had a problem with Dany, but couldn't cast a kid for that role. A viewing audience wouldn't accept her relationship with Daario or maybe even Drogo if they knew how old she was, like a reading audience would.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
Well I read it in an interview with the creators, so I'm pretty sure that it is true. Also, the series has already changed the ages of the kids. If the show not following the books well is going to upset you, then I think you would have stopped watching already.

Well clearly it hasn't really upset me, because they've done a fantastic job thus far considering some of the obstacles of converting Martin's writing styles onto the screen, that said I would be disappointed if a supposed to be 9 year old Arya is played by a 16 year old actress.

Will it kill the show? Absolutely not. They've just created very high standards and I hope they don't stray too far from them.