2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Pretty much everyone on ESPN picking the Niners this weekend, That has to be extra motivation for the Panthers.

I have no idea who I'm going to pick in that game. This weeks slate of games has been extremely hard for me to pick.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
I have no idea who I'm going to pick in that game. This weeks slate of games has been extremely hard for me to pick.

Seahawks 23 Saints 20

Colts 35 Patriots 31

Panthers 20 49ers 10

Broncos 48 Chargers 21

(Keep in mind that I went 1-3 in the first round :D )

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
Seahawks 23 Saints 20

Colts 35 Patriots 31

Panthers 20 49ers 10

Broncos 48 Chargers 21

LMAO

You are probably looking at being 2-6 when it's all said it done. Maybe 3-5.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
Seahawks 23 Saints 20

Colts 35 Patriots 31

Panthers 20 49ers 10

Broncos 48 Chargers 21

I'm in a playoff confidence pool and I went 2-2 last week but of course lost my two high point getters(I was right on the Chargers and Niners).

For this week I'm leaning Seahawks(the only team I'm positive I'm picking), Niners, Broncos, Colts.

Edited by Rowand44

Do people pick against the Patriots because they hate them? Do you really think Luck is going to march into Foxboro and beat TB?

Tom Brady is 8-7 in the playoffs since Charlie Weis left. Three of the last four years, NE lost at home.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
Do people pick against the Patriots because they hate them? Do you really think Luck is going to march into Foxboro and beat TB?

In the past four years, Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco(twice) have won playoff games in Foxboro. I don't see why Luck and the Colts couldn't.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Pretty much everyone on ESPN picking the Niners this weekend, That has to be extra motivation for the Panthers.

Yes because it being their jobs and getting paid a lot if money to do isn't motivation enough, it's all about proving ESPN wrong, dammit!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

That and the Colts have fared pretty well against good teams. Had a habit of playing up to competition this year.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)

I guess they're smarter than everyone else then. Use any advantage you can.

From the article:

Football's always been about doing whatever you can get away with—you can find offensive lineman holding on just about every play—and you can get away with an awful lot more in the playoffs than you can in the regular season.
Edited by BigSqwert

I have nothing against the Pats but their offense sucks this year without Gronk and their defense is all beat up.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:53 PM)
So today in the mail, I got a graterhead. I have no idea who and where it came from.

LMAO that is such a great mystery gift

I have Seahawks, NE, Panthers, Chargers this weekend

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
I'm going Seahawks, Colts, Panthers, Chargers. I think Von Miller being out winds up hurting the Broncos big time. Chargers will have the time of possession and eek out a win.

Chargers can make it interesting, if Ryan Matthews is productive. Big if given he's playing on a bum ankle. They have to play keep away from Manning and just crush it in time of possession and convert those long possessions into points (primarily TD's). I hate the Chargers but Hate Peyton Manning more. I never want to see him win and I want him to always lose in the postseason. Come on Chargers.

Rooting for Chargers, Seahawks, Pats (I Love Brady), and Panthers in this weeks games.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2014 -> 09:02 AM)
Chargers can make it interesting, if Ryan Matthews is productive. Big if given he's playing on a bum ankle. They have to play keep away from Manning and just crush it in time of possession and convert those long possessions into points (primarily TD's). I hate the Chargers but Hate Peyton Manning more. I never want to see him win and I want him to always lose in the postseason. Come on Chargers.

Rooting for Chargers, Seahawks, Pats (I Love Brady), and Panthers in this weeks games.

The Chargers are obviously not intimidated to play in Denver since they already won there earlier this year and their record in Denver in recent years is excellent. I'd say this is the one team Denver didn't want to see.

Edited by BigSqwert