2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
Robinson Cano fires Scott Boras, becomes the first client of Roc Nation, owned by Jay-Z.

John Harper of the New York Daily News was told by a source that Robinson Cano wants to get a deal done with the Yankees "sooner rather than later."

Harper was told that Cano isn't comfortable with so much attention being focused on his impending free agency, so it's possible that a difference in philosophy is part of what caused him to dump Scott Boras and make the switch to CAA and Jay-Z's Roc Nation Sports. There's been little progress in negotiations over the past couple of months, but the pace could pick up quickly now that he has new representation. The 30-year-old is currently due to hit free agency following the 2013 season.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
With all the speculation that Posey will change positions and Mauer is going to wind up at 1B, it reminds me of when Hawk was the GM and wanted to do exactly the same thing with Fisk. He was laughed at, and it's still pointed out as evidence he was a clueless GM. Apparently he really wasn't.

Didnt Hawk want to turn Fisk into an outfielder? It is one thing to turn a catcher into a corner infielder in order to preserve the players knees a bit longer, but come on. It wasnt like Fisk was fleet of foot and Hawk wanted him chasing fly balls. I don't think the calls for Hawk being an idiot would have been so loud if he wanted Fisk at 1st

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
Not a good start for Jake McGee either. Allowed 5 ER today after only allowing 12 ER to cross the plate all of last year.

I love early season stuff like that.

Not gonna lie I was nervous when Nate Jones came in yesterday after going undefeated last season.

Seemed like one of those things where he would pick up a loss first game of the year.

:lol: :lol: :lol: