2013 MLB Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 09:34 PM)
I'm actually rooting against it. I want Perfects to MEAN something again.

I don't watch these games with the same nervousness as I used to. They're commonplace now.

I think defensive positioning in baseball is better than ever. And players don't care about striking out anymore, so it makes sense there are more no-hitters recently.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
I don't watch these games with the same nervousness as I used to. They're commonplace now.

I think defensive positioning in baseball is better than ever. And players don't care about striking out anymore, so it makes sense there are more no-hitters recently.

There it goes.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)
Did he lose it?

Yep, single up the middle, right between his legs.

It looked like AJ said "what a MFer" to Yu as he came to the mound.

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
Yep, single up the middle, right between his legs.

It looked like AJ said "what a MFer" to Yu as he came to the mound.

Classic A.J.

I have Darvish and Kershaw on my fantasy team, they gave me 138 points combined. Needless to say, I'm happy.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
A perfect game now is like a 40 homer season was 10 years ago.

And now with the better ped testing, the 40 homerun season is becoming less prevalent, isnt it?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
And now with the better ped testing, the 40 homerun season is becoming less prevalent, isnt it?

There were 6 last year, 2 each in 2011-2010, 5 in 2009, 2 in 2008, 4 in 2007.

For comparison, there were 16 in 2000, 12 in 2001, 8 in 2002.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 12:32 PM)
There were 6 last year, 2 each in 2011-2010, 5 in 2009, 2 in 2008, 4 in 2007.

For comparison, there were 16 in 2000, 12 in 2001, 8 in 2002.

Pendulum is swinging towards pitching now. im sure it will swing back unexpectedly again

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)

The best way I've found to understand how much offense is changed is to have a fantasy draft. My mind still has to wrap itself around what a "good" fantasy season is these days. If you can get .270/15/60 out of a second baseman with 10-20 steals, he's a starter.

It's entertaining. Third outfielders used to be a lock for 30/100. Now that's your top outfielder on a fantasy squad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
Pendulum is swinging towards pitching now. im sure it will swing back unexpectedly again

I think you're right, but of course, the presence of PED's has to factor in somewhere as biasing these swings.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
didnt a Nolan Ryan mets team have like 7 no hitters in the pitching staff one season?

The first ever no-hitter for the Mets was thrown last year by Johan, so at least it wasn't with the Mets.

Evan Gattis of the Braves first hit in the big leagues is a homer.

Was a 26th round draft pick & gave up on baseball & was living in his car in the Rocky Mountains doing random jobs at a ski resort.....his dad was being interviewed as he hit the homer & was really excited. Very cool.

Baseball is just amazing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
The Yankees are awful. I know they're banged up. But that's because they're old as f***. Easily their worst roster since, like, 1993.

Assuming they don't turn it on and get all these guys back healthy and drinking out of the fountain of youth.... what a HELL of a run. From 1996-2012 there was a legitimate chance of them winning a World Series and they did five times in that 16 year span.

I'm almost 30 so most of my life has been this dominant Yankee empire, I don't really know what it's like to have a s***ty Yankee team out there. It's gonna be fun.