*STREAKBUSTER* GT 6/4: SOX @ SEA

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've figured out what this season is. It's the inverse of the 2010 season.

They're hanging around right at .500, hit the end of may/beginning of June, and then go on a streak that determines the fate of the roster for that year and the fate of the managerial staff.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
I assume Gordon just forgot to bring energy last night. It's ok though, as the future captain of this team im sure it'll be there tonight!

OK. This team hasn't seen Gordon Beckham since very early in the season and has lost 6 in a row before his return. They lose game 7 in a row and it's Beckham's fault?! Why this hatred for Gordon? Possibly you are an Angels fan and just don't want to be caught criticizing that underperforming group?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)
OK. This team hasn't seen Gordon Beckham since very early in the season and has lost 6 in a row before his return. They lose game 7 in a row and it's Beckham's fault?! Why this hatred for Gordon? Possibly you are an Angels fan and just don't want to be caught criticizing that underperforming group?

I hope future captain and future statue on top of the Sears Tower to replace the spires Gordon Beckham takes Felix deep to cement his captainship.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)

*whoosh*

From talking to Dan Hayes, there is absolutely no imminent threat to Robin's job. For the foreseeable future, it is his so long as he wants it. We can fire some of his supporting staff, but I don't see any reason to do that. Wouldn't change a thing and just shows that we have a quick trigger with position coaches.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 12:40 PM)
From talking to Dan Hayes, there is absolutely no imminent threat to Robin's job. For the foreseeable future, it is his so long as he wants it. We can fire some of his supporting staff, but I don't see any reason to do that. Wouldn't change a thing and just shows that we have a quick trigger with position coaches.

Bah, he's not under contract for next season. Have everybody play out the year unless there's someone really causing a problem/negotiating with another team of something insanely disrespectful like that.

De Aza LF Beckham 2B Gillaspie 3B Rios RF Konerko 1B Dunn DH Ramirez SS Danks CF Flowers C

Chavez RF Bay LF Seager 3B Morales 1B Ibanez DH Franklin 2B Saunders CF Sucre C Ryan SS

Edited by flavum

I don't think ANYONE would/could have predicted Gillaspie hitting 3rd for the Sox at any time this season.

Not even the most optimistic Giants' scout on the day he was drafted by them.

That, in and of itself, is telling.

DET smacking Matt Moore around, about to put the game out of reach for good. 5-0 Tigers already, bases loaded, still no outs.

Sox would be 7 games out were they to lose again...putting them even closer the "point of no return" zone (8-10 GB) for tearing up the roster.

The really sad thing, though, is had they just been playing .500 baseball against the easiest part of the schedule, they would be right in the thick of things...maybe just 1 or 2 GB.

There was never going to be a greater opportunity this season to pick up ground, that's for sure.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 06:02 PM)
Sox are going to win 3-2 tonight.

The Sox have actually had some surprising success against Felix in the past. In 15 starts, he is 3-5 with a 3.69 ERA. Sox are 8-5 in games he starts. Not that it means much with this current offensive funk, but they beat him the first weekend of the season.