NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 20, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
It's going to be pretty sweet if Derrick has somehow improved

His jump shot/range in the preseason has looked much improved, and as others have said he somehow looks more explosive.....But maybe that's just because it's been a year and a half since I've seen him and don't exactly remember the extent to his awesomeness.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 05:54 AM)
His jump shot/range in the preseason has looked much improved, and as others have said he somehow looks more explosive.....But maybe that's just because it's been a year and a half since I've seen him and don't exactly remember the extent to his awesomeness.

The reason we should be excited is it seems the NBA has no deemed Drose as a "Superstar we must protect". He's going to get the calls that other stars have been getting this year. He'll have way more free throws.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
The reason we should be excited is it seems the NBA has no deemed Drose as a "Superstar we must protect". He's going to get the calls that other stars have been getting this year. He'll have way more free throws.

It would help if he were a bit of a better actor. The kid is so strong, it hardly ever looks like he gets fouled. The problem is he won't sell it. You hit LeBron, he throws his arms up and has a look on his face like he is giving birth. Rose just finishes the play. The most he will do is a glare at the officials after the fact.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
It would help if he were a bit of a better actor. The kid is so strong, it hardly ever looks like he gets fouled. The problem is he won't sell it. You hit LeBron, he throws his arms up and has a look on his face like he is giving birth. Rose just finishes the play. The most he will do is a glare at the officials after the fact.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)

Because they don't want him to get hurt for an extended period of time again.

Missing a top 3 PG in the league for a year and a half can't be a good thing for the league.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 12:54 AM)

DAT SWAGITUDE

id5i5T84CQYpA.gif

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
Because they don't want him to get hurt for an extended period of time again.

Missing a top 3 PG in the league for a year and a half can't be a good thing for the league.

I didn't say it was a bad thing. I thought he drove so fast and hard before refs just didn't know. Wade gets a lot of BS calls but he also has a move that makes it look like he gets contact. Rose didn't have that. Now they seem to be on top of the fact that he is getting crushed but he just ignores it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
Ugh. Bill Simmons picks the Bulls to win the title. His reasoning (in 15 seconds of a radio interview): Rose will be a top 3 player in the league as he was 2 seasons ago, and everyone is sleeping on them.

Jinxed. Over before the season even starts. Sigh.

Considering I just heard Simmons talk about the Pistons winning a playoff series in one of his podcasts, I wouldn't put too much stock in that either way.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
I didn't say it was a bad thing. I thought he drove so fast and hard before refs just didn't know. Wade gets a lot of BS calls but he also has a move that makes it look like he gets contact. Rose didn't have that. Now they seem to be on top of the fact that he is getting crushed but he just ignores it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing either.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 08:36 PM)
Can you post gifs to facebook?

DO YOU KNOW TO POST GIFS TO FACEBOOK?!?

THIS. KID. CAN. GO. UP. STAIRS.

WHAT'RE YOU DOIN', DRAGIC!

TOO BIG TOO STRONG TOO FAST TOO GOOD

DRIVE HOME SAFELY CHICAGO BEEPBEEP

Ladies and Gents, the NBA season has just about arrived. May 2014 continue to be as kind to us as every year since 2006 in this new golden age of analytics, advanced defenses, small ball, offensive spacing and 3pt shooting as at the end of the year we will welcome what many are saying is the greatest crop of draft prospects we've ever seen.

Eastern conference regular season standings:

1: Heat

2: Bulls

3: Pacers (had the Pacers at 2 until Granger's latest set back)

4: Nets

5: Knicks

6: Wizards

7: Pistons

8: Cavs (would have them 5th with a healthy Bynum. But that never happens)

First round:

(1) Heat over (8) Cavs

(2) Bulls over (7) Pistons

(3) Pacers over (6) Wizards

(4) Nets over (5) Knicks

Conference semis:

(4) Nets over (1) Heat

(2) Bulls over (3) Pacers

Conference finals:

(4) Nets over (2) Bulls

Western conference regular season standings:

1: Clippers

2: Thunder

3: Rockets

4: Spurs

5: Warriors

6: Grizzlies

7: Mavs

8: Timberwolves

First round:

(1) Clippers over (8) Timberwolves

(2) Thunder over (7) Mavs

(3) Rockets over (6) Grizzlies

(5) Warriors over (4) Spurs

Conference semis:

(1) Clippers over (5) Warriors

(3) Rockets over (2) Thunder

Conference finals:

(1) Clippers over (3) Rockets

NBA finals:

Clippers over Nets (series MVP - Paul)

Individual awards:

MVP: LeBron

ROY: Victor Oladipo

DPOY: Dwight

6th man: Harrison Barnes

Most improved: Super tough here. But I'll go with 'Brow over Drummond/Favors

Coach: Jason Kidd

Edited by Jordan4life

I'll play.

Eastern conference regular season standings:

1: Bulls

2: Heat (they're going to go into Spurs-mode more this season)

3: Nets (Spurs-mode x10)

4: Pacers

5: Knicks

6: Wizards

7: Bucks

8: Hawks

(God, anything past 5 is a crapshoot. I love the deal for Gortat in Washington, the Cavs have NOTHING past Kyrie (seriously), the Bucks were an addition by subtraction team and are strong up-front, the Hawks have a nice starting 5, Philly and Charlotte are hot garbage, Toronto won't be in and is likely already trying to deal Rudy Gay, Orlando has some very nice pieces but are at least a year away. So that's my top 8)

First round:

(1) Bulls over (8) Hawks

(2) Heat over (7) Bucks

(3) Nets over (6) Wizards

(4) Pacers over (5) Knicks

Conference semis:

(1) Nets over (4) Pacers

(2) Heat over (3) Nets

Conference finals:

(1) Bulls over (2) Heat

Western conference regular season standings:

1: Clippers

2: Thunder

3: Spurs (obviously they'll be in Spurs-mode!)

4: Warriors

5: Rockets

6: Grizzlies

7: T-Wolves

8: Blazers

First round:

(1) Clippers over (8) Blazers

(2) Thunder over (7) T-Wolves

(3) Spurs over (6) Grizzlies

(5) Rockets over (4) Warriors (This will be known as the series that Dwight feasted on David Lee and ulimately ended Andrew Bogut's career - way to extend him GS!)

Conference semis:

(1) Clippers over (5) Rockets (this would be loads of fun)

(2) Thunder over (1) Clippers (Durant in F-you mode)

Conference finals:

(2) Thunder over (3) Spurs

NBA finals:

Bulls over Thunder (series MVP - Poohdini)

Individual awards:

MVP: Kevin Durant

ROY: Victor Oladipo (I agree with J4L here - seems like the clear favorite)

DPOY: Larry Sanders

6th man: Jarrett Jack

Most improved: Derrick Favors. Kid's going to average 14 boards

Coach: Doc Rivers

So when the Heat overload on Derrick again in the playoffs, whose gonna create his own shot (or create for others) to make the Heat pay? Butler? Old broken down Hinrich? Who? Are we even gonna be healthy come playoffs? Noah, Deng, Hinrich, I'm looking at you...

I'm as giddy as anyone here on the Rose but I'm still skeptical on the Bulls actually knocking off prime LeBron. The dude just owns us in the postseason and I still don't see who we added who's going to take some pressure off Rose in late game situations. Personally, I don't think the Heat threepeat but I just don't see us as the team that puts them away.

I really do hope I'm wrong though.