Your Realistic 2014 Lineup

Dunt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:00 PM)
I am all aboard the Lawrie train as well. Not sure we have what it takes to get that done, but I would definitely go for it.

Considering Lowrie's 13 numbers and would be dealing with Billy Beane, I'm thinking it would take alot.

Brian Anderson has come full circle, deciding to try his hand as an outfielder again. Anderson tallied 355 big league games from 2005-09, mostly for the White Sox, before switching to the mound in 2010. He battled injuries as a pitcher, and tells MLBTR now, "I'd love to get back on the field again." Here are more notes from the Central divisions.

The White Sox are "determined" to acquire a catcher before the Winter Meetings are through, Bruce Levine of th 670thescore.com tweets.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
Brian Anderson has come full circle, deciding to try his hand as an outfielder again. Anderson tallied 355 big league games from 2005-09, mostly for the White Sox, before switching to the mound in 2010. He battled injuries as a pitcher, and tells MLBTR now, "I'd love to get back on the field again." Here are more notes from the Central divisions.

The White Sox are "determined" to acquire a catcher before the Winter Meetings are through, Bruce Levine of th 670thescore.com tweets.

What do these have to do with each other?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
I can see a trade in which we receive Lawrie and give up De Aza plus more (those as centerpieces)

Please pass whatever you are smoking this way if it makes you see De Aza being a centerpiece of a trade that gets us Brett Lawrie. Must be really strong stuff.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 08:55 AM)
They made in the same frame of reference, as if they have something to do with each other, and there is no transition.

Come on now, this is a Sox message board and not English class.

While Lawrie would be great to see in a Sox uni I just dont see why Toronto would give up a 23 yo 3B to the Sox for ADA and whatever else unless the Sox traded another starting pitcher. Toronto is rumored to be shopping Rasmus for a starter. Just don't see a fit.

Edited by StRoostifer

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Dec 11, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
Toronto is rumored to be shopping Rasmus for a starter. Just don't see a fit.

They are shopping him with getting starting pitching back in the trade. Williams liked Rasmus and the Sox could have had him at the deadline in 2011 before he went to Toronto. I could have seen a swap for Santiago before he was dealt, but Rasmus only has one year of arbitration left before free agency. So he may have been a rental. Always liked Rasmus myself, and if they could have signed him to an extension of some kind I would have liked that move, certainly more so than the Eaton move which still honestly kind of boggles me.

I think we need to give Beckham another year. This is his last if he doesn't perform. But it makes no sense to trade him now as we wouldn't get anything back of value, and he seemed to figure it out a bit last year. This team isn't going anywhere anyways. And I realize we may be holding Simien back but another year in the minors wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

At this point, there is no downside to giving guys like Viciedo and Beckham another year. Their values suck anyway, there really aren't great replacement options. You play them and hope they do something. If they don't you can always non-tender them. Neither player will make a difference in winning a division title next year, so the point is mute.