Games Thread 6/28, CLE @ SOX x2

cabiness42

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
It's important to make sure you have 3 third basemen on the roster for a doubleheader.

Yeah, I don't get it. Makes me wonder if they're close to making a deal and Morel will be staying. Probably not, but it's odd they aren't bringing up an arm.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
It's important to make sure you have 3 third basemen on the roster for a doubleheader.

Probably just a courtesy to the jetlagged Gillaspie and a chance to get Morel a couple more at bats. Given his strong AAA performance, I think everyone know he'd be up there getting a shot if not for Gillaspie's success.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
Probably just a courtesy to the jetlagged Gillaspie and a chance to get Morel a couple more at bats. Given his strong AAA performance, I think everyone know he'd be up there getting a shot if not for Gillaspie's success.

I wouldn't call Morel's performance at AAA "Strong" yet. Decent enough that he'd get a callup if the 3b spot became available probably, but strong?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)

Gillaspie's EARLY success. For the last month or more he's been a very bad hitter.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I sense a negative soxtalk vibe on Morel for some reason. Gillispie is nothing special, either, folks. That's why I'm concerned about this rebuild. Even after the housecleaning, we could be a team full of Gillispie's. It takes a genius to rebuild, a Billy Beane type. Can Hahn pull it off???

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)
I'm curious what people expected from Gillaspie. I mean without him, we'd probably be in last....

I tip my cap to him for getting some big hits. I expected nothing from him. I just think he's no Joe Crede (healthy) that's all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
I'm curious what people expected from Gillaspie. I mean without him, we'd probably be in last....

I see what you did there.

Connor kind of became a victim of his own early success. I don't think anyone expected much more than a back up when we traded for him but he got off to such a great start that the expectations for him started to rise. Either way, he's been terrible for a while now and it's just hard to imagine him being an every day starter.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
Yeah, I don't get it. Makes me wonder if they're close to making a deal and Morel will be staying. Probably not, but it's odd they aren't bringing up an arm.

Gillaspie is listed 3rd behind Paulie and Dunn at first on the depth chart.Possible insurance if Pauie has to go on the DL because of back problems.