Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

Zack Bayrouty ‏@ZackBayrouty 1h

In an effort to start @mlbtraderumors, #WhiteSox EVP Kenny Williams is in Stockton to watch #Athletics and #SFGiants prospects. Have fun!...

Expand

Stockton Ports play by play man. Michael Ynoa pitched tonight.

Gray and Ynoa could be part of a nice package.

Edited by DirtySox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
MLBInsidersLive says Cardinals willing 2 offer Adams,Butler,Blazek to WhiteSox 4 Peavy,Ramirez.

I would prefer to do Ramirez, Lindstrom and Crain for that package with a PTBNL based off Crains health and performance.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 12:05 AM)
Stockton Ports play by play man. Michael Ynoa pitched tonight.

Gray and Ynoa could be part of a nice package.

I think a package of Peavy and cash to the A's for Ynoa, Gray, Boyd, and Bostic would be on the high end of where I would start the talks.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
I think a package of Peavy and cash to the A's for Ynoa, Gray, Boyd, and Bostic would be on the high end of where I would start the talks.

Not that they'd only be getting guys KW is scouting but it looks like Ynoa and Addison Russell are only guys of note on High A. He had to have been scouting Ynoa and maybe someone on the Giants team.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
Not that they'd only be getting guys KW is scouting but it looks like Ynoa and Addison Russell are only guys of note on High A. He had to have been scouting Ynoa and maybe someone on the Giants team.

I would figure KW would be scouting Russell too. Giants system is really discouraging.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)
2844409[/url]']

I would figure KW would be scouting Russell too. Giants system is really discouraging.

I would take Ynoa as a throw in, but his stock has really fallen. Russell is really the only guy worth trading for not on the MLB roster.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
MLBInsidersLive says Cardinals willing 2 offer Adams,Butler,Blazek to WhiteSox 4 Peavy,Ramirez.

You have to make the Cardinals pay more than that. Butler and Blazek are C prospects; Adams is their backup 1B and figures to stay there. WE could use Adams, but not for this trade.

I agree with the above comment - do that for Alexei and Lindstrom.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
Quintana is a mid-bottom rotation guy. Not a key cog to a contender in the stretch run. Probably get more for him in the offseason.

What? The kid is currently 27th in pitchers WAR, 38th in ERA if you don't like advanced metrics. He's pitching like a high-end #2 starter right now. Why are you undervaluing him? He's only 24 years old and might even get better.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 10:59 AM)
Quintana is a mid-bottom rotation guy. Not a key cog to a contender in the stretch run. Probably get more for him in the offseason.

With the stuff Quintana had last year, maybe. With the stuff he has this year? lolz.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)
You have to make the Cardinals pay more than that. Butler and Blazek are C prospects; Adams is their backup 1B and figures to stay there. WE could use Adams, but not for this trade.

I agree with the above comment - do that for Alexei and Lindstrom.

thats what I'm saying Alexei is the only short stop on the market and the opitions are thin going into the offseason. He is due 2.6 remaing for this season, 9.5 next year 10 the following and 10 if you want him in '16 or a 1mil buy out, He will provide surplus value during the length of his deal.

Adams strikes me as a cross between Adam LaRoche and Josh Willingham type of player(2WAR to career year 3.5WAR) The sox need someone at first base, and as you said Adams is just there back up hes not a great fielder and he isn't going to LF any time soon down in St. Louis so it makes sense to trade him.

bottom line StL is trying to win a world series and needs someone to plug the gapping hole at SS its a sellers market and they match upnwell with the sox, They're going to have to pay a premium. Adams and two middle relief prospects seems fair.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 11:25 AM)
With the stuff Quintana had last year, maybe. With the stuff he has this year? lolz.

On which playoff team is Quintana a top 2 starter?

Santiago is the one with the chance to become a top of the rotation starter.

Anyway, I wouldn't deal either nor Sale, barring an offer of the moon. Those 3 as the core of a rotation is what will prevent this from being a 5 year rebuilding project.

The first step should be rebuilding the up the middle defense. That starts with a defensive catcher (we can live with bad offense at that position.) and someone to play CF (that position needs to be able to hit).

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 11:34 AM)
thats what I'm saying Alexei is the only short stop on the market and the opitions are thin going into the offseason. He is due 2.6 remaing for this season, 9.5 next year 10 the following and 10 if you want him in '16 or a 1mil buy out, He will provide surplus value during the length of his deal.

Adams strikes me as a cross between Adam LaRoche and Josh Willingham type of player(2WAR to career year 3.5WAR) The sox need someone at first base, and as you said Adams is just there back up hes not a great fielder and he isn't going to LF any time soon down in St. Louis so it makes sense to trade him.

bottom line StL is trying to win a world series and needs someone to plug the gapping hole at SS its a sellers market and they match upnwell with the sox, They're going to have to pay a premium. Adams and two middle relief prospects seems fair.

I agree with you. I'd just do an Adams-Alexi flop, although I think we need a 3 WAR Center Fielder more.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
I agree with you. I'd just do an Adams-Alexi flop, although I think we need a 3 WAR Center Fielder more.

Our current CF had 2.7 WAR last year and would be doing the same this year had he not forgotten how to catch fly balls earlier this season

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)
Our current CF had 2.7 WAR last year and would be doing the same this year had he not forgotten how to catch fly balls earlier this season

Indeed.

But he did forget. And his overall coverage in CF hasn't been stellar either.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 09:13 AM)
What? The kid is currently 27th in pitchers WAR, 38th in ERA if you don't like advanced metrics. He's pitching like a high-end #2 starter right now. Why are you undervaluing him? He's only 24 years old and might even get better.

Because he is way too opinionated for a guy who seems to know very little about baseball. The Sox would be all over Adams if they could get him.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
On which playoff team is Quintana a top 2 starter?

In the AL, the Red Sox, Orioles, Rays. He'd be the #3 starter on the Rangers and Tigers when you factor in the ballpark effect in detroit. So basically, all of them. The deal is the same in the NL except you have to adjust for leagues also.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 11:45 AM)

thats why the sox should be moving Reed this deadline or offseason for someone like Adam Eaton or Jackie Bradley Jr. if the bosox reup with Ellsbury. I think Jones or Daniel Webb could handle closing games.