2014 Draft class

caulfield12

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 24, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
Dan Hayes @DanHayesCSN · 17m

Report that Jerry Reinsdorf was part of #WhiteSox contingent to see Aaron Nola is false. Also listed Kenny Williams Jr., scout for diff org.

Boy that Keith Law really does have good inside sources. He is a hack.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
Board survey time....who is your wish list for the 3rd pick?

Fathom's Sure To Be Wrong Wish List (I was against drafting Wacha and Trout, but loved the Beckham pick)

1. Rodon

2. Nola

3. Aiken

ok I am falling in in line with the board opinions and pick Brady Aiken not there,

i would go with Max Pentecost, for the savings

of the slot money, for who might be at 44, 77 and 108.

With the 44 pick, if hoffman is not there, Braxton Davidson, luke weaver,

Joseph Gatto or Kodi Medeiros. those players can be justified for the

second round, however, here is where my craziness come in. my wish pick

would be cat - Chase Vallot, here is where some of the savings may come in

and pay him over slot money to sign.

with the third round, good players to pick, but plenty of question marks

whether would they sign or go back to school. the most exciting 2 players i really

like is p - Jake Cosart out of tx and cat - Taylor Gushue. both player are in college

and coming into their own. oops i lied Taylor Gushue did the Bryce Harper thing and

graduated early by 1/2 yr and enrolled into college where he immediately

started and became a triple crown hitter, while doing really good work as a starting catcher.

again used some of that money and sign 1 or them.

I know some of my picks are cat, some may moved to outfield or dh.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 24, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Has he been moving up draft boards? I'm still hoping for one of Aiken or Rodon.

The Cubs supposedly like him alot. Ideally, they'd love Rodon, but doubtful he gets to them. Theo wants to go underslot and then spend the big $ in the later rounds.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
Board survey time....who is your wish list for the 3rd pick?

Fathom's Sure To Be Wrong Wish List (I was against drafting Wacha and Trout, but loved the Beckham pick)

1. Rodon

2. Nola

3. Aiken

1. Aiken

2. Kolek

3. Rodon

1.) Rondon ( Highest ceiling with fastest track to the bigs. I don't buy the reliever projections. )

2.) Aiken ( Best prep arm with 4 plus pitches. )

3.) Jackson ( Best bat in the draft. Would rather take him than any other prep or second tier college arm. )

** It should also be noted that the Hoffman injury changed things greatly. If he was healthy - I'd place him at number one on our board. For me, even with his injury, I'd still be considering him at number three. Very high on Hoffman. **

QUOTE (Jake @ May 25, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
I'd have no problem putting Rodon in the MLB bullpen pretty quickly - takes load off arm, starts arb clock (Boras), valuable experience in controlled setting

Didn't we do that with Sale?

QUOTE (Jake @ May 25, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
I'd have no problem putting Rodon in the MLB bullpen pretty quickly - takes load off arm, starts arb clock (Boras), valuable experience in controlled setting

Same here - but long term - as some "experts" have projected... I don't believe Rondon to be a pen arm.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 26, 2014 -> 06:47 AM)
For me it's $$ and Boras as his agent

some posters corrected me and mention that with the salary cap for drafted players, player are slotted with

the amount of what an agent or advisor can asked. I still believed the advisor can asked for the max

and there by limiting the ability to sign the other drafted prospects. Rodon, Alex Jackson are 2 known prospects

that have boras.

Second the personal animosity that the sox and boras has for each, HAS to play into the equations.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 26, 2014 -> 07:09 AM)
some posters corrected me and mention that with the salary cap for drafted players, player are slotted with

the amount of what an agent or advisor can asked. I still believed the advisor can asked for the max

and there by limiting the ability to sign the other drafted prospects. Rodon, Alex Jackson are 2 known prospects

that have boras.

Second the personal animosity that the sox and boras has for each, HAS to play into the equations.

Didn't know that Jackson was a Boras Boy. Good luck to whomever drafts him.

Glad it looks like a great top 3 for pitchers. The more I see of Aiken the more I like (opposite for Rondon for some reason). I'd love to get a premier pitching talent and then come back with AJ Reed at 44 if he lasts. I like that lefty bat. Perhaps hoping Reed falls is a bit optimistic though.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ May 26, 2014 -> 01:00 AM)
So the people on here that don't have Rodon 1st on their lists is it do to what you think he'll become or Boras $$ ?

IMHO Aiken and Kolek seem to have more upside. According to BA and MLB, Aiken seems to have more polish and upside than Rodon, and Kolek is the hardest thrower/pitcher than Rodon.

Regardless that Rodon has Scott Boras as his agent.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 26, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
I guess I didn't realize that NC State's season was over...or am I missing something?

Their season is over. They lost in the ACC tournament and did not receive an at large bid.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 26, 2014 -> 12:17 PM)
Their season is over. They lost in the ACC tournament and did not receive an at large bid.

I'm glad NC State's overuse of Rodon to the tune of 130-140 pitches got them to the promise land.

if Rodon is on the board, it's going to be very interesting to see what the Sox do, considering The Chairman long-time slobbering love affair with Boras.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised to see the Sox pass, for that reason and because the kid did not have an extraordinary junior year.