Rios, $1M traded to Rangers

PolishPrince34

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
Your desperate to get rid of who? What team do you own?

Desperate for the Sox to rid themselves of Rios. I can't take the lollygagging.

Yes, obviously, prospects are much preferred.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 03:04 PM)
Everybody on this board is referring to the Sox as "we" and saying what they want to do this trade deadline. No s*** nobody here owns the Sox. Why do you have to be so condescending to everyone? Why did you chose this poster to jump on when almost every poster is acting the same way?

In before Baron requests I take my medicine.

You pointing this out is a form of condescension.

Me point this out... is also a form of condescension.

Yay for condescension-talk!!

We're all experts. Including you.

If not... There's a serious health problem which needs to be addressed.

Take laxatives, eat prunes, drink aloe vera digestive juice.

Do whatever it takes... It's ok. You'll be an expert again in no time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
Chris Sylvester ‏@MLBInsiderChris 3m

#WhiteSox desperatly trying to dump Alex Rios . #Rangers a possibility but the two team's talk haven't gone very far

As a Rios basher, I have to laugh at that tweet, the way it was worded. "Desperately trying to dump Rios."

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 07:24 PM)
I really think Rios is gone. Ventura doesn't want him around and if you are going to have a fresh start, you need to clear some of those high priced vets, imo. The one exception is probably Dunn/Konerko and I'd be surprised if they didn't at some point have a conversation with Paulie to see what he wants to do (and I wouldn't care if we got nothing for Paulie...its about doing what he would want).

Dunn is my x-factor to go. I really think right at the end a couple teams will make a late push for him. Not a lot of power bats out there and Dunn could add value to a team looking for offense (especially with how he's played). The key would be the Sox unloading Rios. If they unload Rios, I think its more likely they move Dunn as I think they'd be more inclined to send some cash with Dunn to ensure they got meaningful talent in return for Adam (which is key, imo...if you can't...then you might as well keep him for another year and move him at next years deadline when he isn't owed as much).

Interesting take on Dunn. I was thinking after reading this. What IF a contender acquired Dunn and he actually listened to the batting coach and manager who DEMANDED he simply try to get bat on ball and elevate?? He actually has tools to work with.

Look ... in my untrained opinion, the guy hits a s*** ton of home runs when he simply tries to make contact and get it up in the air.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
As a Rios basher, I have to laugh at that tweet, the way it was worded. "Desperately trying to dump Rios."

Interesting take on Dunn. I was thinking after reading this. What IF a contender acquired Dunn and he actually listened to the batting coach and manager who DEMANDED he simply try to get bat on ball and elevate?? He actually has tools to work with.

Look ... in my untrained opinion, the guy hits a s*** ton of home runs when he simply tries to make contact and get it up in the air.

Sounds like they quoted me.

But what I'm really trying to figure out is how are the posts that you quoted timed later than your post in which you quoted them?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
Starting to feel like they'll get down to the last minute with Rios, and the Sox will take the best offer.

That would be a nice contract to get off the books for next year.

Give me Pence or give me death!

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 06:04 PM)
Everybody on this board is referring to the Sox as "we" and saying what they want to do this trade deadline. No s*** nobody here owns the Sox. Why do you have to be so condescending to everyone? Why did you chose this poster to jump on when almost every poster is acting the same way?

In before Baron requests I take my medicine.

Oh I missed this from last night. I dont need to explain myself to you. Got a problem with me there are people who run this board. Feel free.

As for Rios. I dont buy that Texas is going to stand pat. I think they'll trade for a bat soon.

Edited by Baron