ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:28 PM)
The obvious implication is that something must have happened while the sample was in the collector's home.

If he hadn't brought the sample home, then there wouldn't have been a problem, Braun would have no excuse.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
You guys are f***ing nuts...wth did you expect the guy to say?

"We'll, I can get off on a technicality here but I'm not going to pursue it because I'm an honest guy. You caught me...I'm guilty."

If you're Ryan Braun, of course not. Because he's a dirty, lying, piece of s***.

He didn't have to say s***. He didn't have to pretend it was intentionally spiked by someone who had to be the collector to get off. It was selfish and hurt somebody just for his personal gain. I'm glad he's getting his public shame now

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 07:57 PM)
He didn't have to say s***. He didn't have to pretend it was intentionally spiked by someone who had to be the collector to get off. It was selfish and hurt somebody just for his personal gain. I'm glad he's getting his public shame now

Haha...he was protecting his multimillion dollar image.

It's really easy to sit here as a normal schlep and criticize a guy that has all that for trying to keep it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Haha...he was protecting his multimillion dollar image.

It's really easy to sit here as a normal schlep and criticize a guy that has all that for trying to keep it.

Me? Normal schlep? Not me!!!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2013 -> 10:28 PM)
I don't know, I wasn't at his house. And it was determined that there were FedEx offices open in Milwaukee that Saturday night.

So you're now alleging that he tampered with this sample also?

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
The way the news is reporting it, it seems that he is accepting guilt for the 2011 season, and DID NOT test positive for anything the past 2 years. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Did he in fact test positive for something this year?

My understanding is that nobody knows specifically, but since he's taking more than 50 games, in appears that MLB has evidence that he was using for an extended period of time that covers both the failed test and more involvement with Biogenesis.

It looks like all these guys are majorly screwed, especially Arod.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:09 AM)
So you're now alleging that he tampered with this sample also?

Ah, that is what it sounded like. No way, Braun is guilty as can be. I am just saying that by taking the sample home, he gave Braun the opening he needed to void the test. I already found 3 FedEx offices within ten miles of Miller Park that are open very late on Saturday nights.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
The way the news is reporting it, it seems that he is accepting guilt for the 2011 season, and DID NOT test positive for anything the past 2 years. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Did he in fact test positive for something this year?

There were no new reports of positive tests. I don't think he admitted to one specific violation. I just think with everything he has gotten into, he knows he is screwed and MLB can lay the hammer down on him eventually. Therefore he plea bargained, got a suspension when the Brewers sucked, he is battling thumb/neck injuries, and his contract is much cheaper.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 09:24 AM)
Ah, that is what it sounded like. No way, Braun is guilty as can be. I am just saying that by taking the sample home, he gave Braun the opening he needed to void the test. I already found 3 FedEx offices within ten miles of Miller Park that are open very late on Saturday nights.

I agree he gave Braun the opening. However, I refuse to acknowledge that the collector personally did anything wrong.

Taking a sample home and storing it on a weekend was absolutely standard procedure in both internationally accepted and MLB approved tests. It was spelled out as an option for collectors to use. However, MLB's drug testing agreement said that it should only be used under special circumstances but did not spell out what those circumstances were.

The collector followed the procedures as well as he could have. Storing the sample over the weekend was almost certainly standard procedure followed by everyone. It's normal in international testing.

The collector did not do a darn thing wrong. I will give Ryan Braun's legal team credit for finding a loophole that even MLB did not realize they'd left in their agreement, and MLB deserves the blame for not clarifying the circumstances under which "weekend storage" could be used.

But Braun went much farther than that in his statements, alleging he had found negative things about the past of the collector and that they had good reason to believe the sample was tampered with. Neither of those things were correct. They're so far incorrect that if Braun actually apologized to him for those statements, his apology would probably wind up evidence in a libel suit.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
I agree he gave Braun the opening. However, I refuse to acknowledge that the collector personally did anything wrong.

Taking a sample home and storing it on a weekend was absolutely standard procedure in both internationally accepted and MLB approved tests. It was spelled out as an option for collectors to use. However, MLB's drug testing agreement said that it should only be used under special circumstances but did not spell out what those circumstances were.

The collector followed the procedures as well as he could have. Storing the sample over the weekend was almost certainly standard procedure followed by everyone. It's normal in international testing.

The collector did not do a darn thing wrong. I will give Ryan Braun's legal team credit for finding a loophole that even MLB did not realize they'd left in their agreement, and MLB deserves the blame for not clarifying the circumstances under which "weekend storage" could be used.

But Braun went much farther than that in his statements, alleging he had found negative things about the past of the collector and that they had good reason to believe the sample was tampered with. Neither of those things were correct. They're so far incorrect that if Braun actually apologized to him for those statements, his apology would probably wind up evidence in a libel suit.

Well it was not an international test, it was an MLB test. And while their rules were vague, you better be well versed in all potential outcomes as a course of your actions, because those technicialities are the name of the game. Sorry but I still don't see the collector as a victim in need of an apology.

And what did people expect Braun to say? Millions of dollars are at stake, his livelihood is threatened (due to his own actions, yes), of course he is gonna pull out all the stops to get his name cleared. Most people would do the same.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
Well it was not an international test, it was an MLB test. And while their rules were vague, you better be well versed in all potential outcomes as a course of your actions, because those technicialities are the name of the game. Sorry but I still don't see the collector as a victim in need of an apology.

And what did people expect Braun to say? Millions of dollars are at stake, his livelihood is threatened (due to his own actions, yes), of course he is gonna pull out all the stops to get his name cleared. Most people would do the same.

I agree he found a technicality and exposed it and we all probably would pull put all of the stops in order to protect a multi million dollar image, but now that he has been caught he owes the collector an apology IMO. He destroyed that mans image and still got caught afterwards.

He will probably never deliver that apology, but it doesn't make it less deserved. The collector did what he was told and unfortunately the rules weren't made specific for him.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
lol Aaron Rodgers.

And karma's a b**** ain't it Ryan Braun?

Rodgers is a tool for defending Braun.

Unless of course, he's also on PEDs or something.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
After reading the last few paragraphs of this Jeff Passan article, I will change my opinion and say that Braun does owe Laurenzi an apology. It's one thing to use the loophole to your advantage, it's another to go this far with the blame game & accusations.

It's time for everyone to congratulate LittleHurt. In the history of message boards, he's the first one to respond to new facts by changing his opinion. A Soxtalk first, for sure. :cheers

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
After reading the last few paragraphs of this Jeff Passan article, I will change my opinion and say that Braun does owe Laurenzi an apology. It's one thing to use the loophole to your advantage, it's another to go this far with the blame game & accusations.

They should give the guy the salary Braun is forfeiting.