Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:04 PM)
Would some of you say Santiago is still raw?

Yeah. But he's an overachiever too with a pretty high ceiling as a mid-rotation starter.

I mean, he goes from non prospect to relief prospect to starter prospect to MLB closer/reliever to MLB starter to something possibly special, all on hard work, and he's a great athlete with a great attitude. I think we're selling low here but I don't mind it if we're buying low on someone equally talented. But I want more back.

Lol, Jim Duquette on mlb.com right now saying he loves the deal for Arizona because Trumbo has so much power, and he doesn't like the deal for the Angels because Santiago is barely a #5 guy and Skaggs is a question mark.

lol, f***ing idiot. And of course, he didn't mention anything about Adam Eaton.

EDIT: Now the conversation has moved to Eaton. Duquette says he loves Eaton as a leadoff hitter, and likes the deal for the Sox. But of course this is all predicated on him saying Santiago is a fringe starter who can be replaced by a handful of people in the system.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
Skaggs and Santiago for Trumbo? I know he makes a lot less money, but look at Trumbo's numbers vs. Adam Dunn's numbers and it's not like Trumbo is a magician with the leather.

Yep, sensational deal for Angels if true. Sure seems like the Sox though are getting the worst end of this deal.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
Lol, Jim Duquette on mlb.com right now saying he loves the deal for Arizona because Trumbo has so much power, and he doesn't like the deal for the Angels because Santiago is barely a #5 guy and Skaggs is a question mark.

Angels made out like bandits.

I like this. Eaton for Santiago would have been laughed at by the Dbacks a year ago. Santiago has made progress and Eaton was recovering from an injury. He's a young cost controller player who has all the tools to profile into an every day leadoff hitter, something the Sox haven't had in a long time. Now the interesting thing is what happens next. De Aza should have value, technically you could also move Tank (although we all presume they won't move one Cuban with the other here but who knows).

Thats about all he provides....cant get on base at all

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)

Didn't all of that guys best prospects get traded to the Cubs for INTL draft slots last year or soemthuing? Even if not, f*** him. I don't know s*** about Eaton & I don't even like the deal anyway if this is what it is, but re:Dquette, please keep your s***headed comments about Santiago to yourself you boner face GM wannabe guy

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)
I'm okay with this deal as long as it ends as with these guys and there are no prospects coming from the Sox. I don't love it, but I think it fills a need we had at CF while using surplus pitching we had.

I know I'm going to get backlash for this, but what exactly is this surplus of pitching the Sox have? Guys like Rienzo can be found in every organization.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 01:12 PM)
I know I'm going to get backlash for this, but what exactly is this surplus of pitching the Sox have? Guys like Rienzo can be found in every organization.

lol I know right. I don't disagree with this. People act like we are stacked and Rienzo isn't very special.

EDIT: Now the conversation has moved to Eaton. Duquette says he loves Eaton as a leadoff hitter, and likes the deal for the Sox. But of course this is all predicated on him saying Santiago is a fringe starter who can be replaced by a handful of people in the system.

Coming into 2013, Skaggs was a top 10-15 prospect. I think the D Backs got the worst of the deal. Trumbo has been going backwards.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:12 PM)

I don't like him either.

If this deal is done & Beck turns out then we'll have a surplus again. But that's only if Danks makes his comeback successfully & nobody else gets hurt/traded.